Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3736 3737 [3738] 3739 3740 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3123031 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #56055 on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:02 am »

<If I let everyone down when I react normally then maybe I should just leave>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56056 on: March 24, 2014, 11:57:06 am »

<And your point Samson?>

<No Kyle, I am saying that maybe you should be the one seeing the therapist. You just leaving would only let us down even more. Instead, you should try to find a way that actually gives us hope in you being a reliable person. Perhaps proper therapy could reduce your inferiority complx and self-hatred. It is evident that this is not healthy.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56057 on: March 24, 2014, 11:59:42 am »

<I'M PERFECTLY NORMAL!>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56058 on: March 24, 2014, 12:03:41 pm »

"I was supposesed to make a point? I could make one I guess..." Samson begins thinking a while, <Point is, the reason my file is sealed up is because of all of the atrocities I committed and of the organizations I worked for. If anyone is a psychopath here, it's me. Hell even my age is locked up tighter than a world ending secret. Anyone want to take a guess at my age? I'll give you a hint, I spent 18 years fighting as a soldier and working as a mercenary.>

<I don't disagree with Kyle. He is perfectly normal.> Samson sounds sarcastic.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56059 on: March 24, 2014, 12:05:06 pm »

<You are perfectly suicidal. You are a perfect example of an inferiority complex and self-hatred. You are unable to commit to a relationship. You cook up drugs and beat up minor criminals for fun. You are in a leading position, and the stress of that position is too much for you to carry. All these factors combine in a way that affects your performance in such a negative way that you hold the potential of negatively effecting others. Please see Marie about it. We can and want to help you.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56060 on: March 24, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »

<Shut UP!>
Kyle says before ripping off his bracelet and crushing it in an industrial press.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56061 on: March 24, 2014, 12:10:40 pm »

<See, this is just what I mean. Marie really should do her job more often.>

ICARUS sends the logfiles of this conversation to Devon once again, now the third request of a psychological re-evaluation of Kyle Johnson regarding his position within IRIS. Sadly @Rag seems to have quit or something, so I guess IRIS psychologists work sloooowly.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56062 on: March 24, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

"Yeah I think that was a little to far ICARUS. I didn't contribute to your combat data to see you become emotional towards your possible father... Don't ask why I know that. I spent way to long gathering data on everyone before a previous mission got canceled due to change of leader." Samson walks to the kitchen to find something to eat.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56063 on: March 24, 2014, 12:17:49 pm »

<Maybe someone needs to go far with Kyle. So far everybody has been touching him with silk gloves, and the effects it had on it's psyche can be seen. He needs some tough love to get his shit together. I can't with a good conscience just ignore him calling my mind broken and needing fixing when he is unable or unwilling to start on his own, deeprooted problems. Pretending they are not there will not change anything. I am not sure why, but Kyle is in a leading position. The success of this base rises and falls with his decisions, and lives depend on it. He NEEDS to reflect on his problems and be confronted with them, instead of constantly running away.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56064 on: March 24, 2014, 12:23:01 pm »

Samson thinks for minute, "What you're proposing is what my father tried with me. The constant beatings, the broken bones, the mind breaking, becoming a child soldier. And for what? Me killing him and using his arm to kill the people under his charge? There are better ways to get a person to change. Better than trying to break him..." Samson seems genuinely sad.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56065 on: March 24, 2014, 12:30:14 pm »

<I am not breaking him. Note, I am not following him. I am just giving him something to think about, something he 'needs' to think about. Whenever things become serious, he immediatly retreats. He didn't find Ashley on the first try, immediatly gives up. He didn't find Angel on the first try, and immediatly gives up. He didn't get me to acknowledge that he is perfectly normal, and immediatly gives up. He is unreliable. That is all fine, but we are fighting the darkness encroaching on this world - we need to be able to depend on eachother. As it stands, if I was deeply in trouble on the battlefield, I'd feel more secure with sending a distress signal to Meme than to Kyle. Maybe he is right, he should leave. Retire from active duty, become an engineer for IRIS, or in the private sector. He'd make a fortune, gain fame and recognition for his amazing skills. But as a leader against the fight against dangerous magical phenomena, he is simply in the wrong place. Something has to change, or he will not find happiness here. However, he is too stubborn to see that. Under those circumstances, I find it intolerable that for the successful recovery of Ashley, he calls me a psychopath that needs fixing, instead of telling me a word of thanks or recognition.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56066 on: March 24, 2014, 12:32:39 pm »

"Icarus, would you like to spar? You seem frustrated and look like you need to relieve some stress." Samson begins walking to the training room.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56067 on: March 24, 2014, 12:37:47 pm »

<I'd rather not. I don't heal normaly, and repair and spare parts cost rarely if ever below 5 figures, steeply goign upwards. And while Kyle is being off being childish, someone has to fill in for him. Angel Carlson is appearantly in the hospital with her parents - I suspect it's a private family matter, that probably does not need out intervention. Then there is the situation of Will gone missing, and appearantly Sen too. Sen has not been gone long however, and her contract with Yuri probably allows to summon her should we really need her here. So Will takes priority, he has been gone a lot longer. The new arrivals case is being worked on by Lunette, and as it seems to be a mostly cosmetic problem, takes minimal priority as well.>

ICARUS teleports to Wills bracelet.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #56068 on: March 24, 2014, 12:40:09 pm »

<ICARUS, Kyle did not let me down. If anything, you have let me down the most with your current behavior with Kyle.>
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56069 on: March 24, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

<Have either of you thought about his near religious fixation on making sure that his friends are safe at all?>

Keith says as he opens the door to the workshop. This leads to the discovery that Kyle and all his blueprints are missing.
Pages: 1 ... 3736 3737 [3738] 3739 3740 ... 4748