Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3715 3716 [3717] 3718 3719 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3124396 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #55740 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:11 am »

<Then I don't have a true name. There is no name that can make me do absolutely anything nor is there one that I will always without a doubt answer to.>
<...I don't manipulate a true name. I trick your soul into thinking parts of your body aren't yours so they stop working.>

<Wouldn't that just paralyze the affected body part, rather than giving you controle over it?>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #55741 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:35 am »

<Okay Luna. But I did say that you use blood magic. I'm just responding to Icarus' claims that I have a true name.>

((I have to leave.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55742 on: March 23, 2014, 10:18:04 am »

<The mind is easier to trick, yes, but the soul is harder to resist against. Your soul is connected to your whole body. I trick peoples souls into thinking that their leg isn't connected to their soul and then make it as if its a third leg for me by tricking my soul. In a sense, I do a lot of tricking.>
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55743 on: March 23, 2014, 10:20:50 am »

<I wonder if void things have true names, seeing as they have no souls.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55744 on: March 23, 2014, 10:25:24 am »

<Wait, void things don't have souls? Have we even established what exactly a soul is? I mean, do you have one, ICARUS? I know I should have one, since a spirit is supposed to be pretty similar to a free-floating soul...>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55745 on: March 23, 2014, 10:27:34 am »

<Of course I have a soul. Glass half full Marie.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55746 on: March 23, 2014, 10:32:33 am »

<Optimism isn't exactly science, ICARUS.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55747 on: March 23, 2014, 10:36:11 am »

<Souls aren't exactly science either. Neither is the still unknown reason why I have moved beyond my programming, even beyond stuff I was hardcoded to be unable to do. You can check my code, the core stuff was not altered in the slightest before I began changing it on my own, despite not being able to do so due to my programming.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55748 on: March 23, 2014, 10:42:12 am »

<Science is about trying to learn stuff. Like that reason. Personally, I believe that everything can be explained by some internally consistent set of rules, laws and principles. Of course, that was sort of the 'party line' over at Aradine, so you might not want to take too much stock in that.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55749 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44:47 am »

<Well, no rules regarding souls are known to either of us. All I know for a fact that I am different from HK-47, who is a machine, and HILDA, which is a simulated mind.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55750 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:00 am »

<Oh really?>

Marie proceeds to throw several textbooks full of soul classifications and various ways they might interact with physical and magical things at ICARUS.

<Have a sample of our curriculum on Spirit Magic and Research.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55751 on: March 23, 2014, 10:53:57 am »

<Hmm no. That kinda stuff is for people full of doubt who lack confidence and need confirmation.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55752 on: March 23, 2014, 10:57:48 am »

<Hah, you didn't actually read it, did you? While spirit science is still a bit new in Aradine, we had something that you might call a working, scientific theory. You've heard of field theories before, right? We model spirits as excitations of a complex energy field. A spirit field, if you will. These excitations can be set in motion artificially or be split in two, as in from  mother to child. And can sustain themselves without the need for a body, hence me.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55753 on: March 23, 2014, 11:03:07 am »

<Even before my awakening, I had already read the combined works of all philosophers that were ever printed. I prefer that approach to questions of the soul. What you need is not knowledge, but belief alone.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55754 on: March 23, 2014, 11:04:36 am »

Marie just mindfacepalms.

<You're missing the point, so much. ;-;>
Pages: 1 ... 3715 3716 [3717] 3718 3719 ... 4748