Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3699 3700 [3701] 3702 3703 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3136361 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #55500 on: March 22, 2014, 11:53:58 am »

"Nope, but do go on."

"Well... I think I'm cursed." The woman shrugs as if it was obvious.

The kitsune sighs.
"If a woman with a horn and red skin asks you to party, say no."

"Oh. Why not?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #55501 on: March 22, 2014, 11:55:23 am »

"Elaborate."

ICARUS scans the woman for magic, to see if maybe she is just unlucky.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #55502 on: March 22, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

((I must leave now.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55503 on: March 22, 2014, 11:57:52 am »

((brb preparing herb lamb. Yes, motherfucking herb lamb, god damn.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55504 on: March 22, 2014, 12:01:43 pm »

"Elaborate."

ICARUS scans the woman for magic, to see if maybe she is just unlucky.

The woman's whole body glows with magic.

"Well... I was going through my late babushka's stuff, when I found a box. And inside of that box was a ancient stone axe head. And when I touched the axehead... I changed. It would be easier to show than to explain, actually."

((brb preparing herb lamb. Yes, motherfucking herb lamb, god damn.))

((Goddamn, that sounds delicious. I am jealous.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55505 on: March 22, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »

"Go ahead then."

((want the recipe in ooc? It's really not that difficult. Seems intimidating at first, but really, not hard at all))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55506 on: March 22, 2014, 01:04:15 pm »

"Go ahead then."

The woman nods and takes off one of her gloves, showing her hand to ICARUS. Her skin is unusually pale, with black, spidery runes and markings covering her hand and fingers. If ICARUS was still checking for magic, she'd know that the markings are more intensely magical than the skin around them. "My body became covered in these... runes. They cover my skin from the neck down, but seem to be more dense on my lower body and feet." The woman takes off one boot and sock to show ICARUS her foot as evidence, its skin almost completely black except for a few dots or lines of white here and there. "And... My voice changed too. I can't explain it very well."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55507 on: March 22, 2014, 01:09:49 pm »

"Hmm, and have you experienced any symptoms besides the optical ones? Where is that axe-head now?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55508 on: March 22, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »

"Hmm, and have you experienced any symptoms besides the optical ones? Where is that axe-head now?"

"Little things. Like my hair and fingernails not growing, and I rarely sleep anymore, but I'm never tired. And I do have the axe-head," she says, reaching into her coat to pull it out.

The axehead is a simple stone tool, with a knapped edge for cutting and several grooves along the side for attaching a haft to the axehead. The axehead doesn't have any odd markings on it, and wouldn't look out of place in a museum.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55509 on: March 22, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »

ICARUS takes the axe-head with her bare hands! with some salat tongs, and scans the symbols. Perhaps they are in the IRIS databank.

"And do you still eat?"

<Anyone who can perform a magical analysis, or maybe knows a lot about the occult, can you help me out here?>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55510 on: March 22, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

ICARUS takes the axe-head with her bare hands! with some salat tongs, and scans the symbols. Perhaps they are in the IRIS databank.

The IRIS databank only recognizes a few of the symbols, and they seem to be linked to archeological finds up in Russia, Poland, Serbia and other Slavic countries.

"And do you still eat?"

"Not as much as before. I just don't feel as hungry."

<Anyone who can perform a magical analysis, or maybe knows a lot about the occult, can you help me out here?>

<I could help with the magic,> Lunette says cheerfully.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55511 on: March 22, 2014, 01:32:44 pm »

"And you still have a pulse?"

<Go right ahead Lunette please, we have an artifact and a person who need a scanning.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #55512 on: March 22, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »

ICARUS finishes some standard maintenance on her body.

"Glad to have you back Ashley. You will be pleased to hear that the CEO who is responsible for this is dead. It was however his own experiment that killed him, so it wasn't quite as satisfying. What the hell was he doing anyway? He injected some sort of...blood-mix into his arm, and then he talked with the same voice as you."
Ashley pales.
"Are you sure he's dead? You have to be one-fucking-hundred percent sure on this."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55513 on: March 22, 2014, 01:36:00 pm »

@Ashley: <I have not recovered the body. The entire city was alarmed, I didn't want any witnesses running into me, and he was too heavy to just teleport along.>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55514 on: March 22, 2014, 01:38:28 pm »

"And you still have a pulse?"

"Yes. Of course." The woman holds out her hand if ICARUS wants to check her pulse.

<Go right ahead Lunette please, we have an artifact and a person who need a scanning.>

<Okay.> Lunette comes into the room and waves at ICARUS and the woman, "What artifact?"
Pages: 1 ... 3699 3700 [3701] 3702 3703 ... 4748