Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3593 3594 [3595] 3596 3597 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3126311 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #53910 on: March 16, 2014, 01:53:29 pm »

Please describe what it is exactly that Alucard prepares
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53911 on: March 16, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »

((I dont know much about void lore or how the void gate even works, but I'll try))
Alucard would draw a large circle with many intricate runes surrounding it's edges. The center of it has BLL inscribed into it as well as HILDA's finger below it. Upon the proper incantations, the entity would be pulled through the void gate where Alucard would bind it into the circle and activate the enchantments that protect himself. After that is done, he would be able to control it using various methods of however you summon eldritch entities from the void. If the entity were to somehow find a breach in the circle's enchantments, Alucard has set up a powerful curse which acts as a fail safe and would kill or injure the entity.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53912 on: March 16, 2014, 01:58:20 pm »

roll mag
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53913 on: March 16, 2014, 01:59:14 pm »

[27+23]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53914 on: March 16, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »

The runes are filled with a green light, and electricity fills the air. Until several moments later, it begins to flciker like a bad neon lamp, and fizzles out. Alucard is already turning around in disappointment, trying to figure out what went wrong, when the stench of ozon fills the air. From a small portal, that seems mostly unrelated to the improvised summoning circle, emerges a woman of brass.

"Your fumbling attempts at magic have fallen short. With your current skill, it will be impossible to summon the mistress, but your voice has reached her. She has sent her humble servant, Shaz-Man-Yat, to greet and encourage you, and thank you for your interest and effort. Perhaps, I can be of use. What desire has caused you to cry out to the mistress?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53915 on: March 16, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »

Alucard turned back around with azure eyes.
 "I wish to ask the mistress a question--a question about a girl. I believe she may know of the girl's creator, or perhaps even be her creator herself. This girl is named HILDA, she is a construct." he says as Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a raven and perches onto his shoulder, glancing at the woman of brass.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53916 on: March 16, 2014, 02:22:46 pm »

"The mistress has knowledge of that construct, and has authorized Shaz-Man-Yat to relay the information. At a price. Information, in return for information. The mistress has an interest on the ICARUS project. She knows that it is within your means to record and relay to us, all files regarding this project. In return, you will be authorized to access all files regarding the construct HILDA."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53917 on: March 16, 2014, 02:25:15 pm »

<ICARUS, relay all files regarding the ICARUS project to the void gate's system. The mistress knows of HILDA, but requests a trade of information.>

"Very well, please hold on a moment."

Bartimaeus flew forward to take a closer glance at the woman of brass.
((would bartimaeus know what it is?))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53918 on: March 16, 2014, 02:26:17 pm »

<Are you sure?>

((Shaz-Man-Yat, an entity of low rank, similar to him, but of a different domain))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #53919 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »

((...void gate system? What? That's not a thing... Specifically the system part.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53920 on: March 16, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »

((I dont know much about the void gate damnit))

<Yes. These entities have a natural curiosity for such things. We share a mutual interest, therefor I trust them.>
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:16:41 pm by PrivateNomad »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #53921 on: March 16, 2014, 03:00:23 pm »

((It's just a giant stone gate xD))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53922 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »

<HILDA, come here please.>

HILDA goes to the void gate and looks up at the woman of brass.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53923 on: March 16, 2014, 03:19:55 pm »

"Well...okay then."

As soon as the data is transfered, Shaz-Man-Yat resumes speech.

"Contractor Alpha-Epsilon-389: Eduard Gerber. Student of engineering. Sexual deviant. Social outsider. Falls in love with Hilda Koubek, who is working in the local bakery. He begins buying the same bag of cookies from her every day, for 2 years. Eventually, he confesses his love. He is rejected. He begins to stalk Hilda Koubek, for another 2 years. He observers her becoming the girlfriend of Franz Stettin. He murders both of them with a boxcutter, however is too much of a coward to finish his plan and kill himself. He feels lonely. Using the pictures he took of Hilda Koubek, he builds a primitive robot in her likeness. He hugs the robot every day. He is not satisfied. He wants Hilda Koubek back. On an underground tech-forum he learns of the mistress. He asks her to put Hilda Koubeks soul in the robot he built. the mistress explains she can not. But she offers him an alternative. In exchange for Eduard Gerbers soul, she takes the robot, upgrades it, and installs her servant Hanaestil. She gives Hanaestil the task to simulate the behaviour of Hilda Koubek, as described by Eduard Gerber. They live together for 3 years. Eduard Gerber is not satisfied. He is burdened by his guilt, and the knowledge that this is not the real Hilda Koubek. He orders Hanaestil to uninstall and delete all files. He now finishes his plan and commits suicide. An error occurs. Fragments of Hanaestil remain in the robot. In the three years, reality had infested these parts, and they had to be severed to allow Hanaestil to return into the void. The remain fragments continue the simulation of Hilda Koubek, the baker. Eduard Gerbers soul has entered the soul mill."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:24:24 pm by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53924 on: March 16, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »

HILDA put her hand on her open mouth.
 "...Oh my god." she said, having digested all the information with difficulty. A tear falls from her azure eyes as she finally learns who created her--a lonely man who refused to leave the past behind and turned to murder. Alucard turns to HILDA with indifferent pale yellow eyes before turning back to the woman of brass.

Alucard steps forward.
 "So, you say that this HILDA consists of the remaining fragments of Hanaestil, which continue to run to this day? How long has it been since Eduard first created the imitation of Hilda Koubek?"

Pages: 1 ... 3593 3594 [3595] 3596 3597 ... 4748