Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3119617 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<I doubt one could simply make that conclusion from the name, but meta-reasons aside, that point is not the use of one but rather the modification of one. A dirty bomb in the right place could be quite catastrophic...>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

<The name just sounds destructive in and of itself...>
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suppose I shall have to ensure that you are not deceived by ALL my lies as easily, won't I?~ The actual fact of the matter is simply that I have a more conservative dress sense, nothing more~"
"Well considering everything else, it was an easy lie to pull off."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<And you thought that assumption was worth mentioning before I even explained it along with how it would be used?>

"Not entirely, I was being rather melodramatic there~ but yes, I concede your point. What plans do you have for today?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Well, I know what ordnance is. So I knew it was a weapon of some sort. And thermonuclear, again, just sounds destructive.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

<May I suggest a virus engineered to kill key oppressors and send their faction into chaos?>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Hmm... That may work.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<I disagree with your assumptions, but you are indeed correct, hence my statement about modifying it so that it does not raze entire cities. Two points. Firstly, it may be used to threaten the government, I take it that you will not use it, but they do not know that, hence it may be used as a viable threat. Secondly, the vital components may be used in a dirty bomb, that is, a conventional explosive that spreads a substance to cause radiation poisoning. Detonating one or more within a government facility would likely cause issues for them, namely, radiation poisoning and contamination. If no knowledge of such technology exists, then the government will be incapable of correctly responding. If there is, then they will waste resources cleaning it up. Either way is a boon for you, especially seeing as, chances are, there would be at least one magic user capable of cleaning it up after the government falls.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Alucard goes into his office and leans back in his chair.
 "What a day it's been."
 "Mhm..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Okay, you never suggest a weapon that you assume a person wont use. That defeats the point. And it's stupid to threaten with a weapon unless you're going to use it. This is simple shit Cy.>

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nothing much. If Jaque is available i'll go back to courting her. If not, i'll probably program and convert some girls to masochism."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

"Bartimaeus, what do you think?" Alucard asks.
 "I understand that she wishes to overthrow the anti-magic goverment and why. If I had to flee my home away from my family who could be dead, I would wish the same." Bartimaeus replies.
Alucard simply nods, listening nonchalantly to the people talking about weapons of mass destruction.

"I would kill for a cigarette just about now."
 "That isn't possible, you know this."
 "I know. But it used to be." Alucard says with a sigh, unaware that everyone else is able to hear them via bracelet.

"Just take your mind off things, I'll bring you some wine."
Alucard nods as Bartimaeus goes to get some alcohol.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<As I've stated, other people don't know she won't use it. It does raise certain benefits however... if, say, the government paints her as an unstable terrorist or somesuch, the detonation of a unit somewhere that does not jeopardize the lives of civilians will demonstrate its power, then raising the question "if she is unstable and has such means to raze entire cities, why does she not use it?" hence perturbing the propaganda. Furthermore, as long as magical persons are safe, a stalemate caused by threat of nuclear weapons usage is acceptable. Finally, it may be converted into a dirty bomb.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nothing much. If Jaque is available i'll go back to courting her. If not, i'll probably program and convert some girls to masochism."
"Good luck with that then. What attracts you to her anyway?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Cold wars aren't good for anyone. Killing of key figure, mostly in ironic ways, is fun and useful.>
Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 4748