Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3379 3380 [3381] 3382 3383 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3124086 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

((can spooky carry a couple of tonnes? well at least one, Stella in full dragon form is HEAVY))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

<ICARUS is the only robot I have met, besides a tiny spider looking one. And they make vehicles too? None by hand?>

"Because I asked for you to...?"
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

((Spooky is at LEAST as strong as the ground floor of Maria's house was, and that could support Neferis at a couple of tons, so.... :P ))

It's not like she's going anywhere fast to begin with.

"Aww."

Marie releases Annabelle.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Annabelle stands up and dusts herself off.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Stella rests and recovers a bit
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<A robot may be defined as "a mechanical or virtual agent, usually an electro-mechanical machine that is guided by a computer program or electronic circuitry". Virtually all of them are not sentient with what I suspect to be a vast majority of them unable to move outside of their placement. Automation varies as does function and specifications.

As to pre-empt the absurd notions brought up by popular culture, they generally cannot develop beyond their programming seeing as what operates them is a set of electronic instructions that govern what they do. There are very few units that resemble humans either.

ICARUS is a prototype unit given human-like emotions, or at least, some facsimile of them, she may indeed be sentient however through some supernatural means seeing as she can use bracelet units. There is another one, HILDA who is capable of controlling her emotions better and is sentient due to being partially or wholly created via magic.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

[MAG: 62 + 40] Lunette finally finishes her work, and leaves her room looking for Alice.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Uhuh...>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<To put it bluntly, your notion of them is rather flawed due to having an observed sample size of one or two. The usual ones cannot even respond to voice commands let alone insult you.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<I said I dislike the robots I have met so far, not all robots. You seem to be mistaking my words.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<I am not mistaking your words, I am pointing out that ICARUS may not even fit in the definition of a robot anymore seeing as she may instead be considered a sentient entity and has no obligation to follow her programming.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<She is close enough to call her one myself.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

<How did she get sentient by the way? I doubt that she has had any contact with things that could do that unless... oh dear.>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

<How did she get sentient by the way? I doubt that she has had any contact with things that could do that unless... oh dear.>

<Huh? Who are you talking about?>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Except she has no fixed purpose anymore. She is hardly an agent to anything if the only orders she has any true obligation to follow are her own, correct?>

<What? Have a theory?>
Pages: 1 ... 3379 3380 [3381] 3382 3383 ... 4748