Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3187 3188 [3189] 3190 3191 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3130775 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #47820 on: February 28, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

<I'd say the teleport works out quite nicely, as long as its a teleport to... say the to of a building somewhere.>
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #47821 on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:05 pm »

<I suspect it will require some extensive set up to make it instant though.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47822 on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »

[To: Luna] <I was thinking of a more active, voluntary enchantment to prevent her from doing so, alternatively, an emergency teleportation unit so that you can escape, I believe the term you previously described for the mundane equivalent was 'safe word'? Or, the simpler solution of keeping her knife locked away and using a knife with a design that cannot pierce beyond a safe distance.>

((So, wouldn't it just be a rather wide laser with variable blooming? Seeing as if it's purely technological and only the length of a broadsword, its blooming would actually be rather significant and it would be less of an edged weapon (thankfully, seeing as they're supposed to cut things and make them bleed rather than cut things and cauterize the wound) and more of what is functionally similar to a compact, high temperature plasma emission device?))
((I do not underztand what you are talking about.))
((Blooming is the tendency for weapons such as lasers to expend their energy upon their medium, heating it up but reducing beam power. If that weapon is only as long as a greatword, it is likely to be blooming quite a bit, making it more akin to a plasma flamethrower in the shape of a sword's hilt. That interpretation could actually make it more effective seeing as rather than cutting and cauterizing a person, it would be causing agonizing, severe burns all over their body and require less accuracy over all. Plus, an electrical current may be able to be carried by the resulting plasma channel. Meaning that it could hypothetically be upgraded to shock and cause even more pain along with damage.))
((It makes burny that can then make shocky?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47823 on: February 28, 2014, 05:58:15 pm »

[To: Luna] <I was thinking of a more active, voluntary enchantment to prevent her from doing so, alternatively, an emergency teleportation unit so that you can escape, I believe the term you previously described for the mundane equivalent was 'safe word'? Or, the simpler solution of keeping her knife locked away and using a knife with a design that cannot pierce beyond a safe distance.>

((So, wouldn't it just be a rather wide laser with variable blooming? Seeing as if it's purely technological and only the length of a broadsword, its blooming would actually be rather significant and it would be less of an edged weapon (thankfully, seeing as they're supposed to cut things and make them bleed rather than cut things and cauterize the wound) and more of what is functionally similar to a compact, high temperature plasma emission device?))
((I do not underztand what you are talking about.))
((Blooming is the tendency for weapons such as lasers to expend their energy upon their medium, heating it up but reducing beam power. If that weapon is only as long as a greatword, it is likely to be blooming quite a bit, making it more akin to a plasma flamethrower in the shape of a sword's hilt. That interpretation could actually make it more effective seeing as rather than cutting and cauterizing a person, it would be causing agonizing, severe burns all over their body and require less accuracy over all. Plus, an electrical current may be able to be carried by the resulting plasma channel. Meaning that it could hypothetically be upgraded to shock and cause even more pain along with damage.))
((It makes burny that can then make shocky?))
((By that interpretation, yes. Burny as in life-threatening burns, shocky ranging from tasering to electrocution depending on what Kyle makes for that purpose. It will no longer be able to cut though. Plus slashing under that interpretation would be less effective than just shoving it at them and keeping them caught in it.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47824 on: February 28, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »

Rachel has sufficiently dried her hair and returns to Lily.
"Why'd you even bring us here?"
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47825 on: February 28, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

"Okay. I haven't really explored the castle either," Lunette nods and lets Alice lead the explorations for now.

Alice led the way, wandering around the massive place. They moved for a while until she stopped in front of a pair of daunting double doors, she paused for a moment before pressing her hands to the doors and pushing them open. It was pitch black in the room but from the light outside she saw that inside were rows upon rows of books. The bookshelves themselves dwarfed the girls, reaching way above their heads and from the small amount of light that she had she couldn't make out where the room actually ended. Alice's mouth fell open slightly as she saw the sight.

"This... this is amazing"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47826 on: February 28, 2014, 06:10:10 pm »

<I suspect it will require some extensive set up to make it instant though.>
<Maybe... I could also just surpress it forcefully with soul magic if it comes to that.>
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47827 on: February 28, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »

[To: Luna] <That sounds rather drastic...>

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47828 on: February 28, 2014, 06:12:40 pm »

"...O-oh! ...um... er... o-oh... er..." Selina blushes brightly. (3000)
"Y-Yeah, I was being like, vague for a reason."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47829 on: February 28, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »

[To: Luna] <That sounds rather drastic...>
<Yeah... Any other ideas that can work quickly?>
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47830 on: February 28, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »

Alice led the way, wandering around the massive place. They moved for a while until she stopped in front of a pair of daunting double doors, she paused for a moment before pressing her hands to the doors and pushing them open. It was pitch black in the room but from the light outside she saw that inside were rows upon rows of books. The bookshelves themselves dwarfed the girls, reaching way above their heads and from the small amount of light that she had she couldn't make out where the room actually ended. Alice's mouth fell open slightly as she saw the sight.

"This... this is amazing"

Lunette's jaw drops as well, "Wow... I've never seen so many books before!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47831 on: February 28, 2014, 06:18:44 pm »

Keith suprise hugs Bethany.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47832 on: February 28, 2014, 06:20:22 pm »

[To: Luna] <Switch roles? If she doesn't have to stab you, that could help.>

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47833 on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:46 pm »

<...I'm not sure if shes into the other side of it, but I can try.>
[/quote]

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47834 on: February 28, 2014, 06:24:16 pm »

Lunette's jaw drops as well, "Wow... I've never seen so many books before!"

Alice nodded

"Me... Me neither" she stepped forward into the room and searched just inside the door for a light switch, there didn't seem to be one. "Do... Do you have a light? I... I don't think this room has lighting"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 3187 3188 [3189] 3190 3191 ... 4748