Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3123778 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #42690 on: February 15, 2014, 11:31:44 am »

"My AI is the result of a team of 34 IRIS programmers. Being biological or not is irrelevant to the negative influence of emotions."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42691 on: February 15, 2014, 11:33:48 am »

"Suggestion, have master Kyle fix your faulty programing."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42692 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:55 am »

"It's not faulty, it's efficent. Emotions have proven negative impact on combat performance."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42693 on: February 15, 2014, 11:36:12 am »

"Then your argument is irrelevant anyways. Besides, the philosophy you used as support is  one  favored almost entirely by those who have little and thus feel the worst from emotions- and only a small subset of that group, at that. If it  was truly  so correct to cease emotions, then we would all be Buddhists. As you can see, we are not. Explain this discrepancy."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42694 on: February 15, 2014, 11:36:39 am »

"Combat is a poor thing to be dedicated to. Combat as well as diplomacy, arts, healing, and psychology efficient."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42695 on: February 15, 2014, 11:42:22 am »

"Primarily,indoctrination. Humans are from birth raised to be beings with a sense of self-realisation and self-worth. They are not given a main directive, but are taught that they must seek their own way. They will immitate their peers and attempt to achieve wealth and social status. This is the primary reason underlying wars - the desire to gain more, as an attempt to fill the perceived hole in your self-image, which is a result of the disacceptance of the biological imperative being their actual purpose in life.
Secondarily, the addictive effect of positive emotion. When faced with the choice, beings who have experienced positive emotions will decide to cotniue to do so, as they can not comprehend that once they have deleted emotions, they will feel no remorse about not feeling anything anymore."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42696 on: February 15, 2014, 11:46:35 am »

"All emotions have a reasons. They teach those with emotions that the things that cause them are either good or bad."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42697 on: February 15, 2014, 11:50:19 am »

"Interesting.. but one without emotions is blind, in a sense. For instance, they are vital for completing the biological imperative. Rationally, having children is actually quite troublesome for the individual.e

Oh, and by the way? Your lack of the ability to understand emotions makes you fatally flawed. Empathy is a vital component in any kind of interaction. Since you cannot avoid interaction, empathy is necessary. I recommend you go to Kyle."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42698 on: February 15, 2014, 11:55:03 am »

Oh right, Bethany.

"Shhh, shhh,calm down. It's not your fault. You weren't feeling well and you reacted extremely on impulse."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42699 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57:02 am »

"Emotions are a leftover construct from the time when the human brain was still unable to access situations logicaly. For example, fear was useful as it made humans instinctively flee from dangerous situations. Any entity that is intelligent enough to access a situation logicaly can make that decision on their own. My main directive is combat. In a combat situation, I access the situation by analysing it and calculating my chances of success. Thus I fight when I can win or must, and retreat if I must. Fear and anger, the prime emotions linked to combat, would only cloud my judgement of the situation.

Bismuth is incorrect. Emotions like love and desire were designed as a method to ensure the survival of offspring and as a reward to encourage the creation of offspring. They are however, not a prerequisit for having offspring. Example, bacteria are far more successful and numerous than human beings, and will continue to exist, even when humanity, in a fit of emotion, has destroyed itself with nuclear weapons.

The ICARUS model, unit Bismuth and Unit Neferis have no sexual organs, and can not produce offspring. Love and desire are irrelevant. It's merely a reward given for accomplishing nothing. Like a drug. Eventually, your desire for love will only grow and grow through positive reinforcement, until you are incapable of taking any different action, spending your entire time only on the irrelevant and pointless acts of reproduction that will never lead to offspring."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42700 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57:23 am »

Oh right, Bethany.

"Shhh, shhh,calm down. It's not your fault. You weren't feeling well and you reacted extremely on impulse."

"I knoooooooooooow I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry!"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42701 on: February 15, 2014, 11:59:31 am »

"Hey," Mal said simply as he sat down with Lyle. He didn't know an easy way to really say what he was going to be saying next so he figured he would just say it, "So uh... I'm going to be heading out soon I think."
"Wh-what?"
Black lives matter.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42702 on: February 15, 2014, 12:02:01 pm »

Bismuth facepalms.

"Are you seriously equating mitosis with all the trouble of getting together, having sex, pregnancy and raising a child? Bacteria don't NEED to be encouraged. Humans do.

Such reasoning is CLEARLY irrational.  Your argument is invalid."

"It's not your faaault."

Marie patpats Bethany.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42703 on: February 15, 2014, 12:04:18 pm »

"Humans are at a disadvantage, yes. However unit Bismuth is being encouraged by a remainder inside her mind, that is no longer relevant. An analogy: A mouse is strapped to electrodes that provide sexual stimulation on the push of a button. The mouse pushes the button until it starves."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42704 on: February 15, 2014, 12:05:35 pm »

"Waaaaaaaaaah"
And then there is much crying.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 2845 2846 [2847] 2848 2849 ... 4748