Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2791 2792 [2793] 2794 2795 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116536 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #41880 on: February 13, 2014, 09:24:00 am »

Mallory took the silence as confirmation, "Alright, lets try to get back to my room and hope that the fog won't impede us too much."

Will follows him.

[ROLL: 100] Mallory easily makes his way back through the fog, leading Will and Sir Platz to his room and tied-up assailant.

Bismuth is displeased at the lack of blood. ((OOC note, dat meatshieldery o_O))

She then whirls  on and attempts to MAKE NIMUE BLEED.

[24 vs. 52] Miss! Nimue lazily ducks and side-steps Bismuth's swings. She chuckles, "Is that all you can do? Pathetic."

Quote from: Neferis!
Attack a figure.

[30 vs. 19] Hit! 108 damage! Neferis steps forward and punches one of the figures with all of her might. The figure unsatisfyingly explodes into several large, bloodless chunks.

Bethany stabs at the Shadow figures.
"I'm not going to use Corebus for this. I'm like, strong on my own!"
Bethany attacks the shadowy figures.

[28 vs. 32] Miss! Bethany charges at one of the figures with her knife, but it swings its own knife at her, forcing Bethany to break off her attack unless she wants to be sliced.

Tobias uses his own shadow as a weapon against Nimue!

[27 vs. 43 - 10] Miss! Nimue leaps backwards at Tobias's shadow swipes at her, barely dodging the blow.

"Target confirmed as agile. Alternate approach chosen."

ICARUS lets her blade spring forth and goes into kinetic overdrive (spending 30 Mana to boost her Dex), and with her newfound speed, proceeds to give Nimue treatment for that disease that causes her to have flesh wrapped all over her bones. Treatment is removing said flesh.

[46 + 15 vs. 50 - 20] Hit! 61 damage! As Nimue leaps backwards, ICARUS runs up behind her, slashing with her blade before Nimue can respond. The blade slashes right through her, causing her to explode in a burst of fog.

Quote from: Figures
Attack!

[41 vs. 29] [33 vs. 35 - 10] [19 vs. 40 - 20] [29 vs. 27 - 30] 3 Hits! 12 + 12 + 0 damage! Several of the figures bum-rush Bismuth, slashing at her with their knives.

[25 vs. 55(!) + 15] [58(!) vs. 34 + 5] [33 vs. 42 - 5] [31 vs. 33 - 15] 2 Hits! 10 + 20 damage! Most of the other figures bum-rush ICARUS. Despite her temporarily enhanced speed, they get a few lucky hits in.

[23 vs. 36] [22 vs. 31 - 10] 1 Hit! 24 damage! Two figures slash at Tobias before he can react, inflicting several cuts on him.

[24 vs. 26] Miss! One of the figures attacks Bethany, but she easily avoids the blow.

Quote from: Nimue
Arrive.

Suddenly, four Nimues step out of the fog. "Looks like I will have to dirty my hands after all." All four women raise their arms, gathering magic as they prepare to attack.

"Nice trick. You should  teach me that sometime."

Marie pulls out her rifle and proceeds to commence operation riddle that bastard with holes.

"You started it."

[37 vs. 43] Miss! As Marie whips out her rifle, the figure suddenly ducks and rolls to the right, throwing her aim off and avoiding a spray of bullets.

As a note, yes she has to actively imprint them. And any weapons created by her are connected to her by prehensile chains. Therefore, blossom instead wrenches the blade around when the man attacks, knocking him off-balance and possibly harmong him as well as reducing his chance to hit.

[36 vs. 35] Hit! 6 damage! The figure realizes his mistake at the last minute, and finds his new weapon wrenched out of his hand and himself sprawled out on the ground. He wastes his turn standing up, steeling himself for further attacks.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

((Albrecht never taunted anyone and the only person who even remembered she existed was USEC. :c

Not my fault when nobody ever remembers them. :( ))

((It's because they never appear, so people aren't sure if they can interact with them or not.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41881 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:29 am »

"Illusion magic detected. Scanning."

ICARUS attempts to discern if any of the Nimues stands out from the others with her scanners. She then proceeds to stab the most suspicious one, or a random one if none stand out.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41882 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:08 am »

"Shorry I had to tie you up, but it wash a pr'caution, you undershtand.

..oh, hey, guysh."
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41883 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:58 am »

"Shorry I had to tie you up, but it wash a pr'caution, you undershtand.

..oh, hey, guysh."

The figure nods slowly and stares at Will, Mallory and Sir Platz as they come in.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #41884 on: February 13, 2014, 10:22:44 am »

"ICARUS, allow me to assist."

Twi calls on the depths of a bunch of things: namely Bismuth and Stella's shared metal-related powers, the fact that Stella has demonstrated that she can sense metals to at least some extent, and the the vagueness of what defines a metal.

baaasically Bismuth tries to weed out the real (or at least physical?) Nimue by sensing the iron content in her blood. Then stab her, hopefully.

Marie keeps shootin~ especially since the poor fool got sent prone.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:28:54 am by Twi »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41885 on: February 13, 2014, 10:29:39 am »

"Permission granted.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41886 on: February 13, 2014, 10:30:35 am »

Sen attempts to dispel the illusion magic with her Black Mass. If that fails she uses her Book of Binding to seal the fog. If that fails she continues to watch the battle outside of attack range in the air.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41887 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:20 am »

Tobias attacks one of the figures that attacked him with his shadow!
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41888 on: February 13, 2014, 11:55:34 am »

<So what is happening right now Will?>
<Right now? Not quite sure. I think something's attacking us?>
<Want some help? The teleport from the bracelets still works right?>
<Couldn't hurt to try. If not, use that figurine someone sent Kyle and then try. Um, be sure to not go draconic while here. It's Arthurian, they'd probably slay on sight.>

"So. Yer the prisoner guy. Why're you here?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41889 on: February 13, 2014, 11:57:57 am »

"He wanted t' kill Mall'ry for shome reashon."
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41890 on: February 13, 2014, 12:00:33 pm »

(To the tied-up nondescript guy) "Why?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41891 on: February 13, 2014, 12:03:38 pm »

(Thinking it was addressed to himself) "D'nno."
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41892 on: February 13, 2014, 12:04:47 pm »

"Not you."
Sig

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41893 on: February 13, 2014, 12:07:57 pm »

"Oh."

N'thara snickers from Mallory's shoulder.
Black lives matter.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41894 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:36 pm »

Blossom manifests a pair of axes, throwing them... to the side of her target? Both of them look like they'll easily miss, up until they're actually past him, at which point they would arc inward past each other, quickly circling and wrapping him in chains.

[To: Nodoka] <So, were you educated by your parents or is the education system in void of such greater quality?>

<Well, Mommy and Daddy did teach me a lot, but a lot of things are just that I like to read, so I pick stuff up, and then I think about it. :3>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 2791 2792 [2793] 2794 2795 ... 4748