Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2534 2535 [2536] 2537 2538 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3133327 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #38025 on: February 03, 2014, 02:02:17 am »

((I'm off to bed.))

also, turn updated. Next turn to come at about 2-3:00 AM eastern time on the 5th because work. So yeah. Post turn actions tomorrow and then play truth or dare or something and try REALLY hard not to break Selina again.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38026 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:26 am »

<Well shit, also like, screw you Cyrielle. I'm done like, talking in a weird accent.>
<I specified that it would be until the game ended, which it already has, you really didn't need to refrain from using that word for so long.>

<Also, I will not be participating in the plot, @Empiricist is rather busy now to have any actual plot involvement. Anyway, I'm not too obligated to get involved with this whole saving people business, my contract compels me to let people die, not save them. If we all die, then so be it.>

"No. He trashed my workshop and upset Cyrielle. He dies."
Kyle is stops firing on the farther Grands and moves on to the closer ones.
<I think irritated is a better term. If he isn't going to associate me with the supernatural now, I don't really care.>

<Entropy shield... irritating... very much so... *sigh* You people owe me a new UAV.>
[MAG:96+13]
Cyrielle's cloak, kiseru, handcuffs, UAV, yatagarasu outfit, every unused bracelet's secure connection unit and various other distortion constructs deconsolidate in unison. She sacrifices all her MP to conjure a simple gauntlet near the group. Distortions didn't rely too much on form. A rifle created from them is no more effective than a simple ring assuming the ring was a more complete rift, it simply helps to have a rifle-like weapon most of the time seeing as it's easier to fire without concentrating. In this case, the gauntlet was quite complete, the only more absolute rifts currently existing are Annie and Wheatley. The gauntlet assumed its form simply because it is difficult to disarm someone of it.

Parameters:
-High power distortion attack that pierces everything. Similar to the ones used during the crossover.
-Has cooldown. (@Elf's call)
-DEX or MIND to aim.
-MAG to activate.
 -Does not affect actual attack power.
-MIND to resist Fate's influence (temporary genophobia, loss of libido, nihilism, emotion loss, urge to kill, vulnerable to control by Annie and Wheatley).
 -Determines attack power as this is a pseudo-theurgical weapon rather than a magical one.
-Ignores all armor and shields as per all distortions.
-Negligible damage if it doesn't hit a vital organ. Catastrophic (the beam explosively expands and breaks just about every single universal constant caught in it) if it does.
-VERY BAD IDEA to use if a proper agent of Creation, Void or The Twilight (as in, divine being, demonic being, any angel except Angel or voidwalker).
-Anything that normally attenuates supernatural attacks instead INCREASES the attack power though with a higher chance of collateral damage.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:50:56 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #38027 on: February 03, 2014, 02:58:57 am »

Kyle seeing himself as damage sponge incarnate grabs the gauntlet and replaces the PA's gauntlet with it. He also grabs his bracelet and puts it on off handedly.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38028 on: February 03, 2014, 03:20:40 am »

<Careful with that, you aren't contracted like I am, so if it for whatever reason hits you with a distortion, it will be rather harmful. Also, I would recommend that you only channel as much of it as you can resist, I'm no entirely sure what happens, since I'm also protected from that as a contractor, but I have a feeling that it won't be pleasant.>
The Bible certainly didn't mention such unpleasant "Angels", especially not ones with entropy control, at least, not directly... though then again... this does make quite a bit of sense... her magic cleaves through such barriers without an issue... perhaps that was how Andromalius' position in hell was consolidated? A weapons deal or some sort? Perhaps... after all, Nuriel seemed quite concerned about that angel... Did hell have such weapons somewhere? Primed and ready for use against such enemies and in return Fate's agents received a modestly high position of nobility with no obligations whatsoever? Possible... very much so...

Hmm... Dumah, the thousand eyed angel of death... apparently protector of Creation... hopefully Fate isn't considered a threat... after all, it only acts according to its incompatible frame of reference... I doubt it would ever pose a real threat from our perspective... then again, would she even be aware of it? An obscure entity that contracts one person at a time with presumably little public magic use... it may not be something they have necessary data on. If so, a shot from the gauntlet may be able to take out one if they rely on their shields...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:47:30 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38029 on: February 03, 2014, 06:07:50 am »

((sorry for the huge gap everyone, bad day))

"Gotcha. Maybe we could repurpose the server Kyle stole."

Yea, that works

Meme attempts to stealthily tackle Will! Giggling happily as she flew through the air.

Meme is confused as to how joining the server works....

<Um... o-one million...?>

Having Fun Meme?

"Will, sometimes you are just incredibly dense. We are having fun. It's a *game*. Let's play ninja. A game pf pretend for us to have fun with Meme. It's more like a mix of hide-n-seek and tag. Nobody here is teaching anyone any kills.
Did you have no childhood or do you take everything at face value? Is police and robber giving her a training al law enforcement or at stealing stuff? Is playing a game of Cowboy and Indian teaching her the joys of genonocide? Stop taking everything at face value. For all the brains you have, you are immensely stupid sometimes."

She kinda has a point, maybe i should take her captive, and pretend she is a princess while the rest of you be pretend dragonslayers, I'm sure Meme would loive wrestling her big sister

"Because, you idiot, any of the training stuff can be turned into a fun game. Sneaking, climbing, shooting darts at a target, and whatever else they might have done. I was simply looking for something weird and ninjaey enough. Seriously, you need to hang out with kids more."

Actually, it would be kinda boring, most of what a ninja did was disguise and stuff like that, the ninjas you see in movies are WAAAY different to what the real ninjas were like

((aaand I posted early :S, did I miss anything important?))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:21:36 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38030 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:53 am »

USEC_OFFICER reminds Ragnarok97071 that Neferis was attacking Asariel too, and that her sheet is with my other ones.

Ester sits down next to Tobias after her walk.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38031 on: February 03, 2014, 07:19:48 am »

<I'm sure this won't hurt for the next hour at least.>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38032 on: February 03, 2014, 07:24:55 am »

<I'm sure this won't hurt for the next hour at least.>

<That's always good to hear...>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #38033 on: February 03, 2014, 08:35:32 am »

((yeah, Wolfchild, you kinda did miss something important, namely two incredibly powerful angels currently attacking the house. Dragon fire support would be neat-o))

Hainuwele has been observing the battle against the angels for a while now, unsure wether it would be wise to attack them, but by now she is certain that her allies could need some help - this is no place for hesitating. Waiting had it's merits though. Asariel has left the shield that her ally rose up, and seems to be fully engaged in the battle against Ashley and Grand, and took seemingly no notice of being watched from Hainuweles hiding place - time for a suprise attack!

Hainuwele ((5 str, 5 end, 36 dex, 30 mind, 105 health, 400 mana)), purposefully delays her action to the end of the init queue for this round, to make sure she gets Asariel by as much suprise as possible. She uses her first action (+10 through power of rock), to take a stab at an accupressure point at the back, to throw the Mana inside the hosts body into disarray, which should - in theory - disturb the connection between the Angel and the Human host body. Completely severing the connection is impossible, at least with just a single stab, but it should make it very difficult to channel angelic power through a malfunctioning host body - even the best driver in the world will have problems driving a car if the steering wheel isn't working properly.

In Laymans terms, Hainuwele attempts to use her power to decrease Asariels Dex. She gives it full effort, using 50 Mana to do so (making this a mighty-tier debuff).

If succesful, she uses her second action (from dex 36), (roll -10 from second, +10 from rock), to do the Same as above to Asariels End.

If unsuccesful, she uses her second action to flee and return to hiding.

((also Twi, the fitting music is clearly this))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:51:12 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38034 on: February 03, 2014, 08:48:39 am »

"Angel's are shit, Will. Everybody knows that. These two are probably no different. Except maybe the fallen minx over there. She at least know what fun is." Sen sighs again and tilts her head.
Will sighs and facepalms.

“Binding power would not reduce power level or amplitude, only constrain usability. This being has a markedly reduced energy density than the Creator should, even so constrained.”
*Important Stuff*
"I'm just guessing here, but could that have something to do with the fact that this is basically a remote-controlled body?"

Selina comes downstairs at a bit of a run, only to trip and faceplant (4) Right in front of the creepy cat person due to the sudden unsettling appearence.
“... Thisn’s a cute’n, mon. Can I keep’er?”
"Shys'm Caes has dibs on her."

“This being is not Shis’m Caes. Further information is needed. This being is likely a fragment. Other sources of similar energy existing throughout this world. Information will be relayed to the Host requesting reinforcements to appropriate these fragments.”
In short, congratulations, heaven is going to invade earth. This is going to suck.

"Would I be correct in guessing that these reinforcements would have an impressive chance of screwing the world up? And would it be considered rude to point out that saving Creation by destroying part of it is...counterproductive?"
<Shys'm Caes, what do you know of this?>
<Yuri, get down here just in case.>

Meme is hiding in Momo's crib with him.
Momo is confused but seems happy enough.

Luna comes downstairs with a bored expression on her face.
"Is Jaque back yet? And who are these weirdo's?"
"Extremely powerful angels."

“....This is a matter that requires thought, not action. Shut up, Dumah.”
"Something I agree with wholeheartedly. They managed to bind..." Will realizes that it's in their benefit if these angels are bound. Or defeated, whatever.

“... Oh, are we going to kill the mortals now? Good, I’ve been waiting.” Her eyepatch glows with a golden sigil, a ring surrounded by six wings. Though dimmed in power, it is obviously the sigil of one of the highest of Angels, Asariel, The Bound one, fallen Seraph.
*Criticism Below*
"This is taking a turn for the uncontrollable that I really dislike."

Marie is very scared oh god oh god what the hell oh god! The sirens start blaring VERY LOUDLY, as a !!CAUTION!! magic circle appears around her feet.
*Significant Action Below*
Will takes one look at it and teleports to Richard.
"Sorry. Things were getting dangerous at the house, and you're the only person with a bracelet who should be far enough away."

... Know what, fuck it, STRIFE RULES.

Everyone that's actually fighting, give me your DEX.
If it still matters, Nuriel is at 10.

"This would be much more convient if I could just kill that painty bastard."
"Kyle, you're adorable, but you're also as dumb as a sack of hammers. Stop shooting him."

The remaining Grandiose stops levitating and approaches Kyle, "You dare call a being as old as the gods STUPID? You insolent brat. It's no wonder you are the punching bag of your group. Always attacking people or trying to seduce them. How pathetic. You call me stupid? How arrogant of a child not even barely out of his mothers womb. I should strike you down here and now. You are worth nothing as art, and should be considered Trash!" Grandiose lets lose on Kyle with insults.
"...It's weird, for a second it felt like someone was agreeing with me. Then it's like they screwed up."

Nuriel blasts the angels with waves of flame.
Using my "as-needed" control of Stella, she goes full dragon and does the same.
The above occur retroactively if allowed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38035 on: February 03, 2014, 08:58:13 am »

Selina turns into Ghost at some panicked point. She promptly puts P!Thera down gently before running out to join the battle, taking... (1d4 roll... 3... dang) 3 turns to do so.

Meme hugs Momo and probably bes all scared but adorable.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38036 on: February 03, 2014, 09:04:16 am »

Momo also...bes adorable, but he's more confused than scared. Again, he seems happy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38037 on: February 03, 2014, 09:09:53 am »

Meme wonders if Momo can eat suckers... then resolves to ask Will later.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38038 on: February 03, 2014, 09:38:35 am »

Bethany rocks out to Eye of the Tiger, calling down a supernatural rainstorm upon the angels.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38039 on: February 03, 2014, 10:29:09 am »

<Wanna play truth or dare?>
Pages: 1 ... 2534 2535 [2536] 2537 2538 ... 4748