Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3126980 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #30975 on: January 23, 2014, 05:37:10 pm »

"Was I even eligible to answer? I just came here to ask other people questions and snark. I thought that entering halfway through made me ineligible... well, I suppose I ought to thank you for allowing someone of dubious eligibility to answer then."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #30976 on: January 23, 2014, 05:37:55 pm »

WHAT?

fuck you elf, this is a sphinc you have here, their questions are a trial of wisdom. for crying out loud, "the internet" destroys any and all atmosphere there might else have been

that being said, she already answered wrong once - it's TPK, because the sphinx is breaking it's own rules
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #30977 on: January 23, 2014, 05:38:18 pm »

"Aw, come on, you're like in my top 5 favorite monsters."

<Chilling with Beth.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30978 on: January 23, 2014, 05:39:31 pm »

I shall go to bed, fuck you elf for making a mythological trial of wisdom be answered by "the internet". Might as well make a riddle about a mousepad
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #30979 on: January 23, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »

Cyrielle and Hai level up. 5 points for Cyrielle, 1 for Hai.
Camille and Kyle gain 40xp, 60 from next level.
Yuri gains 10xp, 90 from next level.
Will gains 10xp, 90 from next level.

((Akroma, you clearly would have guessed just about every damn riddle I would have thrown out. At least this one managed to survive for longer than one reply.

Also, Hain said nothing, Cyrielle got the answer. Unless you WANT a TPK.))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #30980 on: January 23, 2014, 05:42:13 pm »

((Calm down. I fail to see how technology is at all contradictory with wisdom. Sides, it's not a terrible riddle. Meh overall, but not terrible.))
shenanigans

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #30981 on: January 23, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »

The sphinx staunchly ignores her. Mainly Kyle, but her too.
((This kids is why I looked up half of mine. And then promptly made one up when they were too obvious.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #30982 on: January 23, 2014, 05:44:54 pm »

Kyle sits down on the floor... and then after few minutes of thought looking into the next room.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #30983 on: January 23, 2014, 05:45:04 pm »

Camille settles for throwing comedically convenient steak (totally a thing) in the sphinx's general direction.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30984 on: January 23, 2014, 05:45:18 pm »

I shall go to bed, fuck you elf for making a mythological trial of wisdom be answered by "the internet". Might as well make a riddle about a mousepad

((Ak, the point is for it to be a battle of wits, not memorization. The riddle made perfect sense, it just happened to be a contemporary solution, which is fucking brilliant because as Elf said, it was meant to stump gods and thus it would be better than any classical riddle for the job. :P Also, the reason I am online is that I kinda volunteered to do sysadmin work for the place I volunteer for and am currently unfucking the computers there.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30985 on: January 23, 2014, 05:48:09 pm »

((4th wall is a thing, making a riddle that relies on meta gaming is bad. That being said, the metaphor breaks - the internet is not a country with no land. There is no ruler, no laws, not even a sense of nationality, the internet has no characteristics of a country - by that stretch, a talk via telephone, a family, or any group of people is a country. The markets are not caravanless either, as stuff still gets moved via some means to the trader from the producer and from the trader to the buyer. these two metaphors clearly do not apply to the internet - this is why you don't make up riddles on the spot. Because some metaphors are too much of a stretch. You use them because they sound nice, but they simply do not apply. The internet is NOT the answer, neither is the actual answer that was given "bay12 forums" - there is not even anything that can be bought here, so there is no market))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:50:20 pm by Akroma »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30986 on: January 23, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »

-snip-
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30987 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:21 pm »

Ester is still chilling in Maria's house. Presumably this would be a good time for more marginal characters to get some characterization.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #30988 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:30 pm »

((4th wall is a thing, making a riddle that relies on meta gaming is bad. That being said, the metaphor breaks - the internet is not a country with no land. There is no ruler, no laws, not even a sense of nationality, the internet has no characteristics of a country - by that stretch, a talk via telephone, a family, or any group of people is a country. The markets are not caravanless either, as stuff still gets moved via some means to the trader from the producer and from the trader to the buyer. these two metaphors clearly do not apply to the internet - this is why you don't make up riddles on the spot. Because some metaphors are too much of a stretch. You use them because they sound nice, but they simply do not apply))
[To: Elf] <What's the DC to induce a self-limiting false-vacuum metastability event by repeatedly jamming distortions into one place and siphoning enough energy from it to force it into more stable state?>

((The juxtaposition of these two posts amuses me.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30989 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:56 pm »

((4th wall is a thing, making a riddle that relies on meta gaming is bad. That being said, the metaphor breaks - the internet is not a country with no land. There is no ruler, no laws, not even a sense of nationality, the internet has no characteristics of a country - by that stretch, a talk via telephone, a family, or any group of people is a country. The markets are not caravanless either, as stuff still gets moved via some means to the trader from the producer and from the trader to the buyer. these two metaphors clearly do not apply to the internet - this is why you don't make up riddles on the spot. Because some metaphors are too much of a stretch. You use them because they sound nice, but they simply do not apply))

((Caravans usually aren't used, trucks and planes are. And the internet breeds a sense of belonging to a worldwide community, so it could be argued to be at least a nation, since the definition of that is somewhat vague. Stop being butthurt that you didn't get it. Please. let's move on. And the internet exists in-game, so it's not reliant on metagaming, either.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 4748