Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2007 2008 [2009] 2010 2011 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3129821 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #30120 on: January 22, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »

"My daughter? Hathor is Ra's, not mine. And, of course, Isis, that fool, she brought in her friends to solve an issue she alone started... How quaint."

Ester suddenly speaks up, "Hmm? What did Isis do?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30121 on: January 22, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »

"How about I make you a contract, Thoth? Anything you want~ Name it and I shall do everything in my power to bring it to fruition~" Sen gives a Cheshire smile.

<Just roll with it~ I have a plan.>
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #30122 on: January 22, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »

"Isis? S-she did many things, schemed against Ra, among all things. Do you not understand, picture-taker?!"

Not only is Thoth nervous, it seems Ra's been lying. Or telling the truth with some bits omitted.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #30123 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:14 pm »

"Nope, no one has any idea what Isis supposedly did orrrr if anything Rrrra told you is trrrrue.
'just saying."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30124 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:24 pm »

"Isis? S-she did many things, schemed against Ra, among all things. Do you not understand, picture-taker?!"

Not only is Thoth nervous, it seems Ra's been lying. Or telling the truth with some bits omitted.

"Um... Not really. I'm kinda new here," she giggles nervously.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30125 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:32 pm »

"Yes, do please tell, I am regrettably uninformed about this matter, all I know is, manticores appeared in Australia, killed innocent civilians and then Isis vanished."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30126 on: January 22, 2014, 01:53:48 pm »

Thoth then proceeds to sit up.
"Isis....Anima, am I correct in assuming this is her name now? Anyway, she was once much worse than one would think. I will level with you now...even I fear the sun-god, earth-children. I don't wish to fight....but before you run off to fight for her....hear me out. I will give you what I know, before the knower-human reveals my secrets.

If it does not dissuade you, then at least it will be good for you to know. This is what I know, and not what Ra has said."
"And how can we trust you, Thoth?"
"I swear upon the Nile."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30127 on: January 22, 2014, 01:56:39 pm »

"How boring..." Sen feels ignored and walks over and start poking Hathor, "Hey... Wake up.... It's boring here."
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30128 on: January 22, 2014, 01:56:45 pm »

"I've got time. I'd be content to just sit here and talk to you whilst the matter is resolved, after all, you're chained up and certain factors make being near Ra unwise for me. "
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30129 on: January 22, 2014, 01:57:40 pm »

"I will lay down now the reasons that Ra fears or hates Isis, but first...may I stand up? I will need my space, if not my hands."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30130 on: January 22, 2014, 01:57:54 pm »

"oh, I don't care if you're afraid of me, pet. Now, I don't have any proof you've done any wrong, but you're at least accomplice to kidnapping and torture, so I'm not too worried." She flicks her wrists, her blades coming free, and Thoth, unlike the others, would recognize them. Ancient tools, ancient weapons, created before the time of all but the oldest gods, by those older still. Titans, Primordeals, beings of enormous and jealous power, long ago cast out by those that came after... But not without cost. These were made for this, to spill the blood and essence of gods and spirits, and feed on it. "I think this will be interesting... Tell me, what are his crimes?" Then she frowns, shrugging and returning the knives to her sweater. "aaw. Looks like we won't be playing today."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30131 on: January 22, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »

"Try me, knower-human. I fear the sun-god more than you."
Thoth is still nervous.
[90+40]
Will presumably shakes him up at least a little. without revealing too serious of a secret. Secret enough he shouldn't know, not secret enough to piss him off.
"Scared yet?"

"My daughter? Hathor is Ra's, not mine. And, of course, Isis, that fool, she brought in her friends to solve an issue she alone started... How quaint."
"Firstly, I highly doubt that the issue can be significantly attributed to Isis. Secondly, we came of our own accord."

Thoth then proceeds to sit up.
"Isis....Anima, am I correct in assuming this is her name now? Anyway, she was once much worse than one would think. I will level with you now...even I fear the sun-god, earth-children. I don't wish to fight....but before you run off to fight for her....hear me out. I will give you what I know, before the knower-human reveals my secrets.

If it does not dissuade you, then at least it will be good for you to know. This is what I know, and not what Ra has said."
"And how can we trust you, Thoth?"
"I swear upon the Nile."
"Tell your piece."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30134 on: January 22, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »

Thoth stands up anyway.
"Isis...she was, in her days at the court....manipulative. Vindictive. Scheming. Brash. She was a mortal in the court of gods, and though I do not care either way, Ra saw her as a threat, mainly, but also a fool. An upstart.

But she had the patronage of Bes, and though he could risk enraging Bes, enraging Sobek, his friend, was not an option. So Isis was free to do what she wished. Do not get me wrong, earth-children, she was neither truly evil nor good; she had her good qualities. She cared for the children on the streets, cast out by the world. She was, in her nicer moments, a motherly woman; the side of her you see now. She protected the weak who did not have anyone else to protect them.

This was the reason she was entrusted with Horus, of course. But, I digress, do I not?

So, Isis had done her first wrong, in Ra's eyes, by simply being there. A mortal in the land of gods, Ra hated her. She wanted her to leave, die, go, but Bes placated him and told him he would put up with her or he would leave. Of course, he did not leave the issue there.

Secondly was her attempt to acquire the true name of Ra. As I said, she was always scheming, always against Ra. She succeeded, one day, by allowing him to be bitten by a snake, the venom of which would put the immortal in such horrible agony as to be paralysing. She concocted a cure, and demanded it in exchange for Ra's true name. Why would he refuse?

After that, of course, their relationship worsened, and Ra and Isis plotted and schemed against each other. Horus was always a good influence upon her, and indeed, as her days flew by, Isis became less horrible...as you earth-children would say, less bitchy, and more as you see her, a truly motherly, caring person.

However..."
Thoth looks around, hoping that Ra did not have eyes here.
Pages: 1 ... 2007 2008 [2009] 2010 2011 ... 4748