Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3131131 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #29325 on: January 21, 2014, 11:56:48 am »

Shys'm Caes finds a battleground; the front doors are smashed in, various furniture strewn apart and such. When she walks in, she finds chaos.

Specifically, she finds the royal hall of the Gods being smashed up, with Anubis, Sekhmet and Bast blasting magic at several giant statues of Ra, Thoth and Horus, hiding behind columns to dodge the inevitable retribution. The throne of Ra is smashed, looking to have been cloven in half by Anubis' khopesh.

Ra is nowhere to be seen, but behind the statues are Hapi and Ptah. Ptah is grappling with Hapi, who is trying to break a small tablet on a table behind him, perhaps the control mechanism for the statues.

Whatever the case, it isn't pretty.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29326 on: January 21, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »

<I wonder where Fluffy is...>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29327 on: January 21, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

"ENOUGH!"

Shis'm Caes flares out her wings, her body encased in a blinding golden glow, a crown of fire blazing on her brow. She lashes out...
[61+27] [33+44] And blasts the statues with lances of raw Creation, the force of the Big Bang distilled into strikes of Wrath and destruction.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29328 on: January 21, 2014, 12:06:49 pm »

Fluffy is still next to Kyle unless Sen warped him to Egypt.

Ptah is distracted long enough for Hapi to knock him unconscious, and the statues crumble to dust.

Anubis sighs in relief.
"Great Creator, thank the heavens you have arrived. Much has gone wrong. Ra, the madman, has attempted to mandate-"
"Anubis, we have to find Set. Now." This was Bast, fixing her hair with a small comb. She looked tired, but otherwise none the worse for wear.
Sekhmet chimed in. "As soon as I find the bastard who let my herd loose.."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29329 on: January 21, 2014, 12:08:42 pm »

"Yeah, yeah, we'll deal with shit, but first, the fuck is this!?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29330 on: January 21, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »

Fluffy had been dollowing Sen while Kyle was passing time at Maria's.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29331 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:42 pm »

Anubis sits down, panting, while Hapi scouts the palace.
"Ra...the man has been paranoid lately. Always looking out for threats to him. We thought it was a mere attempt to assure his position as head of the pantheon. Nothing more. We were wrong.

At first, it wasn't as obvious. He was always...nervous. Watching everyone; Horus, Sobek, myself, Set...all the gods in the pantheon who could fight and kill him. He never acted on it, but even so...I saw more. He got worse.

He started banning weapons from the Hall, started keeping spies on myself, Sobek and Set....and then he stepped up his game. He struck Horus first; we're trying to find him, but it looks as if he's somewhere in the Hall of the Dead. He tried to go for Set, but he fled somewhere, as did Sobek

He found only two gods could still challenge him. Myself....and Isis."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29332 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:33 pm »

<Hey mind if I get an audio visual feed via bracelet DR?>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29333 on: January 21, 2014, 01:05:15 pm »

Fluffy smells...a familiar scent. He quickly pads off after Lily.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29334 on: January 21, 2014, 01:11:12 pm »

<Hey mind if I get an audio visual feed via bracelet DR?>
<I'd appreciate some intel, too.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29335 on: January 21, 2014, 01:13:51 pm »

Anubis sits down, panting, while Hapi scouts the palace.
"Ra...the man has been paranoid lately. Always looking out for threats to him. We thought it was a mere attempt to assure his position as head of the pantheon. Nothing more. We were wrong.

At first, it wasn't as obvious. He was always...nervous. Watching everyone; Horus, Sobek, myself, Set...all the gods in the pantheon who could fight and kill him. He never acted on it, but even so...I saw more. He got worse.

He started banning weapons from the Hall, started keeping spies on myself, Sobek and Set....and then he stepped up his game. He struck Horus first; we're trying to find him, but it looks as if he's somewhere in the Hall of the Dead. He tried to go for Set, but he fled somewhere, as did Sobek

He found only two gods could still challenge him. Myself....and Isis."

She crosses her arms. "Didn't he get forced into retirement after the business with Isis and that snake?"

<... Fine, I'll pass it on.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29336 on: January 21, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »

Will digests the data.
<Intriguing...>
He begins researching Egyptian gods.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29337 on: January 21, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »

"The myths can lie. Otherwise Bast and Sekhmet would not have been trying to fight their father down.

Neither would Ptah be his ally. We are not as set in stone as others think, and the story of Isis is much more complicated.

As you must have concluded by now, Great Creator, your comrade Anima went by the name of Isis, during her time at this pantheon. She was no goddess, goodness no, but she was powerful, with much power over names.

There were reasons Ra feared her, a mere human, immortal, but human, but her power over names made her his enemy, second to only Set and Apep themselves. Reasons for him to hate her."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:20:12 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29338 on: January 21, 2014, 01:20:36 pm »

"The myths can lie. Otherwise Bast and Sekhmet would not have been trying to fight their father down.

Neither would Ptah be his ally. We are not as set in stone as others think, and the story of Isis is much more complicated.

As you must have concluded by now, Great Creator, your comrade Anima went by the name of Isis, during her time at this pantheon. She was no goddess, goodness no, but she was powerful, with much power over names.

There were reasons Ra feared her, a mere human, immortal, but human, but her power over names made her his enemy, second to only Set and Apep themselves."

"I am aware. You forget, they think I'm male. So Ra's gotten paranoid and a bit nuts. Fun."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29339 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:59 pm »

"Indeed. His madness has already driven Nephthys away, and Wadjet, and even I considered it, many times.

Now, you must help us. Set is in hiding, and many of the others refuse to fight Ra. Those gathered here, and Horus are the only gods prepared to return Isis to her friends, and put Ra in his place.

We must find both."
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 4748