Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3114317 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #21720 on: January 10, 2014, 03:40:54 pm »

[To: Richard] <I never said you were to blame in any degree, I expected her to get angry, not murderous. People under stress tend to come to extreme conclusions. *sigh* How about a compromise? One additional signal severance unit on top of it all. Given to someone of Luna's choice? Personally, I'd prefer if Will had one, but sseeing as she threatened to kill his nonexistent children, that isn't an option anymore.>

>Go ahead. I just want this over with.
*sigh* Another home I can't return to, at least for now. Tis the price I pay for defending those I care about.

Least I've got Camille here with me.<

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21721 on: January 10, 2014, 03:41:33 pm »

Sen begins to hum while cooking. She ignores Ester before telling her to get a plate ready and asking meme if she wants one.

Ester nods and pulls out a bunch of plates for everyone.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21722 on: January 10, 2014, 03:43:07 pm »

[To: Richard] <Not necessarily, we'll see if therapy works well for her. I'll try and apply some pressure on her to leave those issues aside.>
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:44:55 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21723 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:40 pm »

[To Cyrielle]>Actually, myself and Hestia may have reached a solution.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21724 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:42 pm »

<Oh? Do tell, apologies for my insolence, but who are you again?>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21725 on: January 10, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »

>I am Chiron.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21726 on: January 10, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »

<Oh right sorry, it's been a while since I've seen your text, please continue.>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21727 on: January 10, 2014, 03:54:12 pm »

>Hestia and I have decided that she seems to desire people caring about her as a person. So we will treat her as a person in need of a good meal and a friend to talk to. If nothing else, she will be reassured that some more people care about her. If we succeed, we should be able to calm her down. Xenia may actually defuse the situation.

Hestia will attempt to calm her down; by any chance, could you arrange for her to meet with her mentally in an open mindscape? Hestia will then attempt to spirit her off to her realm for a bit to speak to her somewhere where none can harm her.

May I also speak with Kyle? My knowledge of alchemy and his of robotics may prove useful.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21728 on: January 10, 2014, 03:56:25 pm »

[To: Chiron] <Wouldn't spiriting her away cause issues for Selina whose mind she is a part of? The first part seems reasonable enough. ...Wait, since when did I become her spokesperson?>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21729 on: January 10, 2014, 03:56:52 pm »

Luna goes completely ballistic mentally against Will, threatening to kill his children in front of him and then starve him to death while their bodies rotted around him... morbid.
"I don't have children, and if I did I highly doubt you'd be able to kill them, seeing as they'd probably be superpowered quarter-dragons. And defended by not only me and my half-dragon girlfriend, but also pretty much everyone else, including multiple supernatural beings of great power, including the being who created the universe. Moreover, how would you starve me to death? Again, this requires that you have the power to beat God, as well as her friends. But let's not get side-tracked.
"You're proving me right. Those horrible, yet bland insults? I can't count the number of times someone's threatened to kill someone else's children in front of them, or to starve them, or to surround them with the sight of their loved ones. The only reason I haven't been threatened with such is that I never did complete training to join the pros. Or the amateurs. If I had, though, I bet I would have been threatened with each of those things at least once before my first year ended. Except maybe the kids thing, I don't really look old enough to have 'em. My point: You're still being stereotypical. And unkind, because seriously, what kind of guy would I be to have kids before leaving high school? Shame on you!
"Moreover, by threatening to kill children, kill someone slowly and painfully--and, incidentally, in a way pretty easy to fix--you are acting like every stupid, sadistic, uncreative villain back home. You're a stereotype, a caricature. You're a shadow of your former self, a shadow of what you could be. You could be a person, intelligent and independent, but instead you choose to be...nothing, really.
"Moreover, by threatening such vile deeds, you justify our desires to kill you or lock you up, obliterate the key, and throw away whatever remains. You don't want to be killed? You don't want to be locked up, sealed away, forgotten? There's a simple solution. You need to stop acting like a horrible bitch, pardon my language...but that's not happening, is it?
"You're limited. Whether because of your imprisonment, your nature as a secondary personality, or--as I suspect--laziness and refusal to change, you've locked yourself in as a simple villain, wanting destruction and petty revenge and nothing more. I don't see this changing any time soon."

"Please be done, please be done, please be done--"
"It's for Selina's sake, Nuriel."
"Which makes it less boring, how? You're just telling the psychopathic bitch that she's a psychopathic bitch, but in a zillion words. Why're you bothering? It's not like it'll do anything."

<Neither but both are embedded into Fate so even if their bodies get destroyed, they can still act. What are you suggesting? That I create a kill switch and leave her at the mercy of people hostile to her? Also, I never said superhuman abilities, I just intended to create a durable body, if you don't agree, that's fine I'm in no position to add one anyway.>
((I had to retype this after some odd technical idiocy, so appreciate it.))
<How does this work, and how does it solve any of the other problems?>
<We're only hostile to her because she threatened to kill several of us--as well as my (nonexistent) children. Yes, I do. Luna is a danger to us and to others. What would it take to convince you of this--her actually killing one of us? I volunteer you for that duty.>
<You never said the phrase, but you described them. The proposed Luna would have unbreakable bones, regeneration, no blood, no breathing, no centralized nervous system, no need to eat or drink, and overall basically no way to kill if we had to. What would we do if she managed to stop you and your siblings from responding somehow, or disabled the kill switch? Do you think she'd play nice with the people who restrained her, who she threatened to kill, despite her immense power--all the more immense if my estimates are correct and she has access to Selina's magic? No, she wouldn't, and several of us would probably die from your concern over a wannabe serial killer.>
<Finally...why do you want to do all that in the first place? Are you afraid she'll try to commit suicide? Frankly, if she does...good riddance.>

[To: Richard] <I never said you were to blame in any degree, I expected her to get angry, not murderous. People under stress tend to come to extreme conclusions. *sigh* How about a compromise? One additional signal severance unit on top of it all. Given to someone of Luna's choice? Personally, I'd prefer if Will had one, but sseeing as she threatened to kill his nonexistent children, that isn't an option anymore.>
<One for everyone, and she gets a body no more durable than a human's. Selina's magic in the hands of such an individual is dangerous enough.>

>Hestia and I have decided that she seems to desire people caring about her as a person. So we will treat her as a person in need of a good meal and a friend to talk to. If nothing else, she will be reassured that some more people care about her. If we succeed, we should be able to calm her down. Xenia may actually defuse the situation.
Hestia will attempt to calm her down; by any chance, could you arrange for her to meet with her mentally in an open mindscape? Hestia will then attempt to spirit her off to her realm for a bit to speak to her somewhere where none can harm her.
May I also speak with Kyle? My knowledge of alchemy and his of robotics may prove useful.<

<You're all being rather apathetic towards the multiple death threats she's given out...>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21730 on: January 10, 2014, 03:58:55 pm »

>Sir Will, with all due respect, we are being empathetic towards her. Would you rather we dismissed her rather real threat, or we react as Sir Stahlmann and Abraxas have and insulted her? Sympathy from someone who is not Cyrielle may be key.<

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21731 on: January 10, 2014, 04:04:26 pm »

>Sir Will, with all due respect, we are being empathetic towards her. Would you rather we dismissed her rather real threat, or we react as Sir Stahlmann and Abraxas have and insulted her? Sympathy from someone who is not Cyrielle may be key.<
<I don't see why we have to do either. Hey, do you want to kill Richard or be his slave forever?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21732 on: January 10, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »

Chiron emits a sound like a horse snorting.
>Sacrifice Sir Collins for the sake of the party? Not likely. Miss Leblanc would have her- and your- heads before she lets him die.

I suggest something less antagonistic to either her, Sir Collins, or you.<
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:08:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21733 on: January 10, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

[To: Will] <Unbreakable yes, but extremely lightweight, easy to tackle or knock away. Ensures that the motors don't have to be very powerful... greatly reducing her strength, possibly weak enough hat even Meme could overpower her I did say such things weren't mandatory. It's hard to make a robot have to eat and rink. She'll still be centralized in Selina's mind. I'll put it as thus, she has no way to disable them, seeing as they are more akin to aspects of a universal constant. Multiple death threats, yes, but she wasn't in the best state of mind at the time, furthermore, she has not attempted to carry them out.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21734 on: January 10, 2014, 04:17:05 pm »

Chiron emits a sound like a horse snorting.
>Sacrifice Richard for the sake of the party? Not likely. Miss Leblanc would have her- and your- heads before she lets him die.<
<My point being, you don't have to do either of those.>

>I suggest something less antagonistic to either her, Richard, or you.<[/color]
<I'm not budging. We're having as few things that could go wrong and as much redundancy as possibe.>

[To: Will] <Unbreakable yes, but extremely lightweight, easy to tackle or knock away. Ensures that the motors don't have to be very powerful... greatly reducing her strength, possibly weak enough hat even Meme could overpower her I did say such things weren't mandatory. It's hard to make a robot have to eat and rink. She'll still be centralized in Selina's mind. I'll put it as thus, she has no way to disable them, seeing as they are more akin to aspects of a universal constant. Multiple death threats, yes, but she wasn't in the best state of mind at the time, furthermore, she has not attempted to carry them out.>
<Her whole body isn't going to be made of distortions, and if it is we need to talk a lot. The weak-motors thing doesn't convince me; if we limit the density of her building materials to around that of flesh, she wouldn't need to be stronger than Selina. Not that bones make up a significant percentage of body mass, anyways. And I highly doubt that Meme could overpower any Selina-sized individual, never mind how light and weak; she's just too small.>
<So we do that.>
<It's a 'weakness' that we would need to kill or harm Selina to use. It's not a weakness.>
<How the hell would you make it so she has no way to disable the kill switches? And how would you stop her from getting other people to disable it? And, above all...how the hell are these 'kill switches' supposed to work?>
<Not to be birthist, but she was literally born of screwed-upness. She is never in the best state of mind. And I highly suspect that the reason she hasn't tried to carry out the death threats is that she is unable to. I'd call it a 99% chance.>
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 4748