Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3130665 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Now with 100% more Persona elements!
« Reply #17130 on: December 28, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »

((Abraxas being a selfish git. You have not advanced enough in his Social Link to get him to do it.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17131 on: December 28, 2013, 03:19:57 pm »

<Okay, now to resolve the other issue. Who is correct? @KJ who says that the vault cannot be teleported into, @Projeck who said that voidwalkers should be able to get in but not out or @Ragnarook who said that Void can do whatever he wants to with the contents of the vault without issue?>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: December 28, 2013, 03:25:16 pm »

((Depends. I'll set down rules while I finish working on mana.

Right. They're all right, depending on the situation. If an immensely powerful magical protection ward is on the vault, like those set by Yuri's family, then Void can't touch it, period. If it's not sufficiently protected, the Void can walk in and take what he likes. Projeck's situation could happen if his influence in the area is weak enough, i.e in Athens and Mount Olympus, Shinto shrines, basically anywhere where gods walk and live. He could walk in, but not out.

So, in theory, if the vault was in Athens, then Projeck is correct. If it was magically protected, Kj is right. If it was anywhere else and unprotected, Rag is.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17133 on: December 28, 2013, 03:31:20 pm »

<In that case, as @KJ has right of definition for that facility, his declaration will be the one that holds true.>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: December 28, 2013, 03:41:15 pm »

((Speaking of which, mana rules.))
Spoiler: Mana (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17135 on: December 28, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »

((What would charging count as?))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: December 28, 2013, 03:48:23 pm »

((Manaless, although the resulting attack will cost from x1.5-2 more mana. It'll be changed;

As multipliers don't exist anymore, charging will be defaulted to x2 strength. For those wondering how this applies to Power/Mind Charge, the two spells are Minor tier and are exempt from charging rules.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17137 on: December 28, 2013, 03:49:51 pm »

((Wait, why STR? Unless you mean strength as in power or magnitude rather than the stat.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17138 on: December 28, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »

((I mean Magnitude. Unless abbreviated, I'm not going to refer to stats.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17139 on: December 28, 2013, 03:53:23 pm »

((Okay. So will charging still use the same processes? As in, Cyrielle using MIN for free volatile storage and MAG for non-volatile storage at a slight cost and Ashley using someone else's MAG input?))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17140 on: December 28, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »

<No just in general. Actually I think we could steal from a military base if we planned it out. Get Will to make the plan and then the rest of us on different jobs... We could steal a jet! Or we could just rob a bank.>

<Just as a warning, I was in training to be a super hero, so if you proceed you will likely find out what a dragon protecting someone else's horde looks like>

<Ow. Ow. OW! Okay, okay!
That was weird. There was a UAV in the house. On the other hand I now want to raid a military base for spare parts.>
((FTFY.))

((Hey what are the odds of me being able to steal spare UAVs from a military base?))
((I'd say slim to felony.))

<No just in general. Actually I think we could steal from a military base if we planned it out. Get Will to make the plan and then the rest of us on different jobs... We could steal a jet! Or we could just rob a bank.>
<Not unless we had a really good reason. My criminal record's clean so far, I'm not interested in risking that for no reason.>

<Being a really good guy doesn't pay bills and my only marketable skill is my ability to make things most people wouldn't dream of. Can anyone give me a reason not to plan a bank robbery and be set for life?>
<You could just as easily get a contract for a few dozen units of powered armor with some government or another and be set for life. If you want to be villainous, you could sell them to a terrorist organization instead. Besides, banks only have 40 to 50 grand cash, tops, at any given time.>

<She's just in a surprisingly uneventful crossover. She should be back soon.>
((I'm out of ideas for what to happen on the ship right now and waiting for night to come before the next idea I've had can be implemented. Or maybe just a timeskip to when the ship arrives in Australia in a couple days.))

<Iris headquarters in a massive vault made to withstand a nuclear impact that's buried under the very bottom most level of the compound locked with a combination and key only members of my family have access to. And in their safety deposit box.>
<You know, all this talk of robberies makes me want to try breaking into that...Kyle, would you say that you are representative of your family?>

<You aren't understanding this. Not even Void himself is allowed in. That's how protected it is. It even has a nuclear explosive device in it that's triggered upon a person that isn't allowed in stepping on the ground. It has as much money in there as it cost to build.>
<That is impractical on so many levels.>

<I suppose all those systems are deterrence measures to ensure that rather than true protection mechanisms.>
<Not very effective deterrence...Finding out about all of them makes me want to break in more.>

<Now you have gone and given Will a challenge, not a smart prospect if you do not want him to solve it>
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: December 28, 2013, 03:54:27 pm »

((Uh, yeah, sure. Why not. Although I'm limiting both to x4 total charge. Less rocket tag, more sustained combat.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17142 on: December 28, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »

((So is my plot accepted?))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17143 on: December 28, 2013, 06:05:57 pm »

((Yeah sure why not.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17144 on: December 28, 2013, 06:08:38 pm »

Alternate!Kyle continues looking for someone to help initiate plot.
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 4748