Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012002 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14940 on: June 02, 2014, 09:39:35 am »

...So you can't have any drawbacks to your over powered armor?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:06 am »

It is a problem as eventhough this game has the same characters and most of the same lore as before, it has a new system, it has a new setting, it has a new GM, and will probably even be started in a new thread.

And by the rules of this new game, Kyle is ignoring the rules. You are really asking why it is a problem that kyle does not have to stick to the rules as everyone else?
It's not just the armor, it's also your stats. At mag 1, Kyle is more mundane than the average human. He will not be able to use any of his abilities besides a magic shot that has a miniscule chance of even dealing any damage.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:50 am »

Why would there be any? It not like Kyle messed up any rolls for it.

I'm fine with Kyle not having magic.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: June 02, 2014, 09:45:30 am »

there would be drawbacks because heavy armor, which only boosts your defence by 5 points, already reduces speed by 2 and skill by 1.

Armor that increases 3 stats by 5 points, and also gives bonus health? For someone who already only takes halve the regular physical damage?

It's just not fair towards other players. And no, fairness is no optional
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14944 on: June 02, 2014, 09:47:05 am »

It's also armor that can effectively move itself which has an on board AI to assist with that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: June 02, 2014, 09:48:03 am »

It's just not fair towards other players. And no, fairness is no optional

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14946 on: June 02, 2014, 09:51:58 am »

I'm not getting rid of something that's been part of my character since he started.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:30 am »

it's not gone, just converted to a new system. It could just give him +2 to the 3 stats it boosts and bam, already it falls in line with other peopels starting equipment.

but +5 and+5 bonus health? that's overdoing it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:09 am »

Alright. That should be everything. Any questions?

well, not an entire system, just a part of the current system we have, that is everything related to perks. As it stands now, our system is more or less "grab something you'd like to have, alongside what you already have". May not be the best idea.
Indeed. I knew what you meant, and created such. (If I thought you wanted a whole system, I would have snarkily pointed to the GURPS rulebook.)

Why? If it wasn't a problem until just now then it never was a problem.
You're conveniently ignoring that people have been complaining about it for ages. I know I've levied complaints against it in the past, you revisionist weirdo.

Why would Kyle have it at all nerfed?
Balance.

I'm not getting rid of something that's been part of my character since he started.
Then nerf it. I'm willing to draw up stats for Kyle under my GURPS hybrid, which should be more balanced at least.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: June 02, 2014, 09:57:51 am »

It's exactly the same as it has been. Actually, it's weaker than it was so you guys wouldn't bitch about it like you are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: June 02, 2014, 10:05:28 am »

It's exactly the same as it has been. Actually, it's weaker than it was so you guys wouldn't bitch about it like you are.
We were "bitching about it" beforehand, in case you somehow missed it. And guess what? The rules are changing. Typical stats were once in the low dozens; now they're in the single digits. That's just the most obvious example.
Now do you want me to try and balance your armor as a test of my system or not?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: June 02, 2014, 10:06:03 am »

No.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: June 02, 2014, 10:06:48 am »

While everyone is yelling at each other again, I'd like to post my three tidbits.

1. The multiple dimensions/universes theory has been confirmed via magic. However all attempts to actually visit another dimension have ended in failure. Probes stop working and scrying spells just fail for no obvious reason. Obviously no humans or living creatures have been sent to another dimension due to the apparent danger involved. All indications show that they'll never return.

2. Magical clubs/societies have sprung up, and are composed of people who can do or are very interested in magic. These clubs discuss latest advancements in magic, show off their powers, construct magic circles for fun, conduct fundraisers, petition governments about issues affecting these topics and many other things. Not all nations or countries have these clubs though, and they are more common in tolerant countries like Japan and Australia.

3. Automation has taken off with the construction of golems, which are cheap, never tire and endlessly complete repetitive tasks. The smarter ones can even speak and do basic chasier and service work. As such unemployment has skyrocketed, with more than a fifth of the world's population out of a job as they replaced by golem labour. Faced with such a large unemployment problem, and an untapped source of potiental voters, governments have been scrambling to fix the problem. Some have banned golems outright, some have experimented with using golems to produce free food and goods, and most have increased unemployment benefits.

Looks good/interesting?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: June 02, 2014, 10:09:20 am »

I..uhm...have no idea what your post now wants us to do.

Could you perhaps make an example GWG?

it being exactly the same as it was means nothing in a game that it was not designed for. +5 in 3 stats is too much. And because we are not the ones bitching, but you, I will put a period here. Either the armor gets reduced to +2 in defence, speed and skill or the new game may simply be Kyle-less. We have a game with rules that we offer you. It's the GMs of the system and the plots that are putting work into this so people can have fun, and if the kind of fun they offer is not the kind of fun you are looking for, look for different fun. It's really no problem. We are designing a game for a different sort of player, and you are a player for a different sort of game. We redesigned the game so we would be less powerful, because at our current level of power, the game started to become less interesting, and furthermore it forced the enemies to be so powerful they broke the system. So we are doing just that, fixing our power level, fixing the system and sailing to new shores. Players like Cado, Usec and Oreo had already quit the game, and now want to return. If I have to make the choice between these or just you, that's nothing personal - just what the majority wants.

No.

exactly. if you expect to just say no no no until we give you what you want, then I am sorry to tell you, we are offering a game for those who think that could be fun and say yes to it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: June 02, 2014, 10:12:45 am »

Why should I nerf something I've had for the entire series.
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1030