Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012078 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13875 on: May 22, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »

yeah, we are gonna need more hints then
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: May 22, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »

I'll give you 1. Osmodias.

It's pretty obvious. No Meta :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: May 22, 2014, 02:20:02 pm »

yeah the dude is a mind controling demon  and/or mana incarnate, what else is new?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: May 22, 2014, 04:00:38 pm »

Shouldn't rolls to resist be a thing?
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: May 22, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »

They would, if anyone remembered they exist.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: May 22, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »

They would be, but For this, I'm choosing not to use them, atleast not until the actual fight happens.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: May 22, 2014, 04:04:41 pm »

'Actual fight'.

I'm scared.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: May 22, 2014, 04:04:58 pm »

well, maybe if you specificaly make your action to prepare for the hit and tank it, else there is complications:

very low endurance vs relatively high strength: random chance makes it possible that even the flimsiest characters are unpunchable

very high endurance in general: high end chars already have TONS of health, and like this, they will tank almost all damage, and the damage that actually gets through becomes pitifully low, coupled with an already high healthpool, this makes fights endless

damage-health relationship in general - too low with the end+d50. too many attacks that deal just 10-20 damage, even for low health characters with only 200 health that takes *way* too long. turns are already game-breakingly slow most of the time, no need to make them so long that everyone not in combat has to migrate elsewhere for 2 weeks

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: May 22, 2014, 04:06:59 pm »

I thought Project was refering to the mindcontrol thing...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: May 22, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »

oh that? I assumed Sanure did hidden rolls, if not, fucking Sanure, why not?

also damnit, the invisible demon is already back up, nice to know that ICARUS accomplished absolutely nothing. Fucking sanure, why not? Hubris needs some punishment. Invisible demons thinking themselves untouchable deserve to die
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:11:36 pm by Akroma »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: May 22, 2014, 04:13:21 pm »

oh that? I assumed Sanure did hidden rolls, if not, fucking Sanure, why not?

also damnit, the invisible demon is already back up, nice to know that ICARUS accomplished absolutely nothing. Fucking sanure, why not? Hubris needs some punishment. Invisible demons thinking themselves untouchable deserve to die

I did do hidden rolls, and The demon didn't "Die" It wasn't even there to begin with. That was the embodiment of Osmodias' abilities.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: May 22, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »

the whole fucking thing better have some permanent consequences on the battle. if it was for nothing, I call bull.

Also, I lined the attack up to have both of them in the shot. If that thing was not there to begin with, whatever happened to the ceiling collapsing on Ossy? Why did the shot, when the demon disappeared, not hit ossy? You owe me about 100-200 damage here >:(

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: May 22, 2014, 04:21:02 pm »

Consider this:

Osmodias uses subtle mindcontrol to alter the way a person acts and things.
his mind control is passive meaning each turn, It re-rolls on the targets.
Icarus avoided getting controlled by it the first time, not the second or third times.
If the control was active, Wolf should have still been under the control and not have been worried by the Jail cell or chains.
Alice would not have woken up yet.

Also, Just about every time I post a turn or do something, You attempt to call bull on me. I would really apprieciate it if you would stop acting like things should be easy. Nothing about a Demon mind-controlling thousands of people or draining all mana in an area is easy. I have seen no one do such a thing as easy.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: May 22, 2014, 04:24:28 pm »

*passive* ?!

way OP. As it literaly goes against everyone in reach and easily wins the battle, stuff like that should absolutely not be passive. does that shit even drain his mana?

anyway, my points stand. 1) ICARUS detected the invisible thing before the second turn. 2) I lined all attacks up in a way that if they do not hit the demon, it would hit him - does mindcontrole now suddenly stop 500kg of metal propelled by jetboots to keep rocks from falling on your head?
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1030