Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012836 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13350 on: May 05, 2014, 12:07:19 pm »

since IRIS made the pokemons, I'd assume they included something in the pokemons thzat makes them pokeball compatible
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: May 05, 2014, 12:15:15 pm »

Wait, so Pokeballs can hold gods and incarnations of various natural forces, not to mention giant dragons, whales, computer programs, turtles the size of mountains, and so on, but they can't hold "most other entities" we face?
Yes.
...That's not actually an answer. An answer would explain why Pokeballs can only capture Pokemon, why even the least of demons somehow destroy Pokeballs which can hold the mightiest of Legendaries.

since IRIS made the pokemons, I'd assume they included something in the pokemons thzat makes them pokeball compatible
How? What?

Why are you guys trying to handwave my idea into submission using "logic" when your logic is so illogical?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: May 05, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »

Wait, so Pokeballs can hold gods and incarnations of various natural forces, not to mention giant dragons, whales, computer programs, turtles the size of mountains, and so on, but they can't hold "most other entities" we face?
Yes.
...That's not actually an answer. An answer would explain why Pokeballs can only capture Pokemon, why even the least of demons somehow destroy Pokeballs which can hold the mightiest of Legendaries.

How? What?

Why are you guys trying to handwave my idea into submission using "logic" when your logic is so illogical?
Are you saying Pokemon is logical?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: May 05, 2014, 12:16:35 pm »

If we're going down that route why can't pokeballs catch people?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: May 05, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »

Because ERSB or whatever they call your local ratings agency. :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: May 05, 2014, 12:18:58 pm »

Or for that matter, why can't they be used to capture, say, one of the Sultanes?

.....and hence why we limit Pokeballs to Pokemon. Logic and rule of funny be damned, fucking the world up by capturing all the gods of thunder into Master Balls to have a triple battle with the gods of earth is a bad fucking idea.

Hilarious, but still. Bad. Unlike Palkia, they WILL screw it up if taken out of their native position.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: May 05, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »

Are you saying Pokemon is logical?
No. I'm saying your arguments aren't.

Or for that matter, why can't they be used to capture, say, one of the Sultanes?
You're the GM. You need to answer the frakking question. After all, Legendaries also have a great deal of power and existence-screwery. Like the Pokemon who travel through time, or cause floods/droughts of unheard-of scale, or created the world...which you're fine with us keeping in Pokeballs, but we can't catch little monsters or minor demons?

I'm imagining a system not unlike Pokemon where you need to more or less defeat the enemy before capturing it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: May 05, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »

Who said they did, precisely? I'm fine wi-actually, fuck this shit, I'm not getting further into a pointless argument.

No, Pokeballs cannot be used to capture anything except Pokemon and whatever IRIS marks with Pokeball-capturing shit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:12:20 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: May 05, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »

in this setting I would assume that legendaries are not quite as legendary, as they are manmade. If IRIS could actually give them the abilities they have in the pokemon lore, IRIS would rule the world
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: May 05, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »

in this setting I would assume that legendaries are not quite as legendary, as they are manmade. If IRIS could actually give them the abilities they have in the pokemon lore, IRIS would rule the world
Pretty much. Also, the gods would take offense to some upstart human organisation trying to add a giant orca with tattoos to their ranks with genetic engineering.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:13 pm »

Who said they did, precisely? I'm fine wi-actually, fuck this shit, I'm not getting further into a pointless argument.

No, Pokeballs cannot be used to capture anything except Pokemon and whatever IRIS marks with Pokeball-capturing shit.
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: May 05, 2014, 04:23:20 pm »

I'll eventually get my Pokemon's moves posted. Eventually.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: May 05, 2014, 05:08:10 pm »

What are the rules for pokemon?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: May 05, 2014, 05:14:34 pm »

ATK- STR
DEF- END
SP. ATK- MAG
SP. DEF- MIND
SPEED- AGI

Base of 25. These are Pokemon, not summons, go level them up. All start at level five. Eight moves. XP 100/100, go read the wiki if you want to learn the stuff they get if they level up.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: May 05, 2014, 05:28:27 pm »

Darkrai's special moves start at 11
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1030