Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010638 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12390 on: April 16, 2014, 07:31:54 pm »

Like hell if I know what the fuck goes on in a person's brain. But something up there that has to do with the way she is, causes it. So, "vague" answer. This isn't something I can exactly delve into scientifically with the names of proteins and whatnot to tell you EXACTLY what happens up there, and I personally don't think I should be expected to.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: April 16, 2014, 07:35:49 pm »

Like hell if I know what the fuck goes on in a person's brain. But something up there that has to do with the way she is, causes it. So, "vague" answer. This isn't something I can exactly delve into scientifically with the names of proteins and whatnot to tell you EXACTLY what happens up there, and I personally don't think I should be expected to.
So in other words, she's capricious and spontaneous? Fair enough. No one here needs to know the brain chemistry behind it, merely the character's own reasoning or traits that caused it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: April 16, 2014, 07:37:30 pm »

I don't think the relationship happened quick enough to be capricious.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: April 16, 2014, 07:38:26 pm »

Judging by the OOC, others think it was.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: April 16, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »

They're kind of exaggerating it.
The flirtatious communication between Ashley and Void happened not too long after she joined the group. Which that was more than 2 months ago.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:55:01 pm by Projeck37 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »

Not necessarily, there was still a sudden jump between flirting and what happened afterwards. Plenty of the characters flirt with each other even if they have no interest in the other or aren't actively seeking the other so that may not be strictly a sign of attraction. That is, of course only my opinion, I can not be too sure about the reasoning of others.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: April 16, 2014, 07:54:10 pm »

Hard to find a picture for Selina...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: April 16, 2014, 07:56:03 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM Theres the first episode. The whole thing is about an hour 20+. You'll understand why we like it after watching it.
I'll give it a shot. The episodes are about half an order of magnitude above what your description of the length made me think, but eh.
Thoughts from the first few minutes: If that "dust" is the kind of thing it sounds like, there should have been a lot more security than an old man and whatever the customers provide. On that note, the bad guys were way too casual after the first mook got tossed across the room. And after a second got tossed out and the little girl started twirling around a scythe thing bigger than herself. It also bugs me how easily she took down the mooks, both from a realism standpoint and from a narrative standpoint. She's that skilled and inexplicably physics-breakingly strong, what will it take to challenge her? Then there's the VTOL out of nowhere.
The...interrogation or debriefing or whatever raised quite a number of questions, but the looks on the huntress and probable huntsman's faces after Ruby squees about being a huntress was amusing. Ruby's statement of wanting to be a normal girl with normal knees contrasts with what we've seen of her so far...she wants to be a huntress, because it's exciting and romantic, but she also wants to be normal?
Anyways, from what little I saw, I expected it to be absurdly over-the-top and light enough on reason and common sense that it wouldn't really fit my tastes. I'm going to watch more than that episode, probably, but...well, it exceeded expectations in that region.

you can't eranestly play a magical girl game and not like this
Why not?

Will sounds much more useful to IRIS than someone who is good at changing lolita clothes is
Will is more useful to IRIS than Kyle is.
...Actually, for most organizations that aren't 100% combat all the time, Will's probably the most useful out of everyone. He'd make a great accountant or something.

Will isn't suited for getting hit in the face by magic things though.
You don't have to be Eidolon to be useful to Cauldron. I'd say that the Number Man is more useful to them, even accounting for Eidolon's celebrity status.

Also he's a prick. So that makes it less likely for him to work IRIS.
If IRIS discounts valuable assets because they're snarky and don't like stupid people, they're not for long in this snarky, stupid world.

And yes his powers are magics in denial.
No, they really aren't, no more than the Flash's or the Hulk's are.

Also, for some reason I have been thinking about making a new character. A male one who will try to pick up all the chicks. That is all.
Please, develop him further first. Ideally, in ways that distinguish him from Kyle.

Super powers and magic are different how?
Same way helicopters and zeppelins are.

I will point out that I made the universe Will came from.
And it's a bit late to suddenly reveal that superpowers are just magic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why is Sen red?

Hard to find a picture for Selina...
Just use Cado's avatar.

Could you make a card for Will, or for Angel/Nuriel?
And cards for multiform characters should be flip cards. Or the newer cards that are flip cards with more space to write on the card and that need proxies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: April 16, 2014, 07:58:31 pm »

Sen is red because Hell. White magic is pure creation, black magic is pure void, colorless is mundane stuff, and both white and black are demonic stuff

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: April 16, 2014, 08:00:11 pm »

Yes, but you can't necessarily make the connection between Ashley and other characters, since they are completely different people with totally different traits regarding this. I apparently gave too subtle of hints of Ashley liking Void for most players to notice. Apparently.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: April 16, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »

Please, develop him further first. Ideally, in ways that distinguish him from Kyle.

Being utterly cheesy and over-the-top? :P

Actually, this makes me want to create a male version of Lily. You know, little miss spiral power?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: April 16, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »

So... it is magic.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: April 16, 2014, 08:03:41 pm »

Will isn't suited for getting hit in the face by magic things though.
You don't have to be Eidolon to be useful to Cauldron. I'd say that the Number Man is more useful to them, even accounting for Eidolon's celebrity status.
Considering that experienced snipers can use MND to make a hit-guaranteeing lock-on, that Will's intuition further assists shots and that Will has 40 MND, he shouldn't really be in a position for being hit by anything to begin with.

Yes, but you can't necessarily make the connection between Ashley and other characters, since they are completely different people with totally different traits regarding this. I apparently gave too subtle of hints of Ashley liking Void for most players to notice. Apparently.
They were noticeable, just obfuscated by how she pursued a relationship with Richard instead. Also, you can seeing as other characters have their own unique traits and still act in that similar manner.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: April 16, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:45 pm »

Well, that can be explained by Richard being more familiar to her, and she wanted to stay in her comfort zone, kind of. Though she had the attraction to the mysterious and secretive Void. Once Richard broke up with her, she needed to get away from that, so she pursued Void instead.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1030