Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010953 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #11505 on: April 10, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »

well, that kinda depends on the ingame explanation as to why Luther is more durable, and since the car didn't even manage to move him, heavier than Neferis.

though my suggestion is okay, he does get run over, and does not take damage, but to actuall stop the car in it's tracks, he needs STRENGTH, not endurance. The TN to just stop a car at full throthle barehanded is...high. Very high. If he fails that TN, then he just get punted out of the way, taking a bit of damage in the process for being so stupid to actually step in front of a car (as with ICARUS attack, the cars damage should be multiplied in some way, lets see if he still tanks all the damage), and whatever was behind him is still hit by the car, as he did not stop it.

on the upside should he actually manage to beat that TN (with strength 10, on a d50 should be impossible), Kyle would take loads of damage from driving into an immovable object
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: April 10, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

Fixed that by stunning him for 2 turns and taking the damage. A lot easier than figuring out if he could stop it. I still say car is crumpled cause better story from it.

Anything else needing resolving before I continue writing the next turn while actions are turned in?

EDIT: Dammit brain. Use your spelling lessons...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:54:50 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: April 10, 2014, 04:55:30 pm »

Fixed that by stunning him for 2 turns and taking the damage. A lot easier than figuring out if he could stop it. I still say car is crumpled cause better story from it.

Anything else needing resolving before I continue righting the next turn while actions are turned in?

I could come up with a fair damage system. The kinetic energy of a car at 60mph is 492 kilojoules. If I can get a reference, I could totally turn it into damage like I did for Neferis :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »

We would need to know how fast a car in singapore is capable of going and how fast Kyle was driving.

That middle part sounded stupid after I thought about it.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: April 10, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

when in doubt, assume highway speed. Seriously, all we really need is a KJ-to-damage converter. Well, okay... it'd probably  have to be in terms of power. So Kilojoules per second to damage converter. :V

Or, force-to-damage. Which works easier if Luthar stops the car, because then acceleration is easy to calculate!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: April 10, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

Well for now, he took a great chunk of damage from the car so that should be good for now. Plus he is stunned.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: April 10, 2014, 05:01:31 pm »

((please compared endurance rolls between ICARUS shoulder and the knights neck. It really matters here what yields first. If the roll difference is small enough, it's just christmas ornaments))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:03:04 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: April 10, 2014, 05:02:58 pm »

((Icarus END vs Knights End?))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: April 10, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »

Also, What would the dice be? d20, d50 or d100?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: April 10, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

d50 standard, I guess

big difference in ICARUS favour: head ripped off, arm is still intact

small difference, no matter the side: ICARUS has the dude hanging from her shoulder, arm takes a bit of damage (d50 damage, -5 on uses of that arm until repaired, possibly -10 if very high damage)

big difference in knights favour: arm ripped off at breaking point, ICARUS takes fixed 50 damage, until repaired arm can obviously not be used at all
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:13:04 pm by Akroma »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: April 10, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »

Dammit Akroma your descriptions are amazing.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: April 10, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

is still in effect

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: April 10, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »

We should all play realm of the mad god together sometime.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: April 10, 2014, 05:42:43 pm »

Or Treasure Arena, if we don't mind taking turns (four player max per game)
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: April 10, 2014, 05:49:31 pm »

Please forgive me Akroma TAT
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1030