Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1011579 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #11085 on: April 08, 2014, 05:56:51 pm »

Advance warnings to Jolly! Expect a lot of posting at certain times! Expect lots of shipping! ELF is the Shipping god. I am the Random Number Generator (RNG) God. Hurt Meme or Mimi and you die.
Also:

-Do not prank Queen Mab
-Hurt Albrecht and risk Sen's fury
-Stir up an argument and you shall be smited
-And finally, have fun trying to figure your way around things~
You forgot to mention the dubious quality of writing, the lack of detail, the questionable plots, the tendency for people to project onto their characters, the Mary Sue-ish traits, the constant OOC arguments and how irritating it is to keep up with this when people post up to ten pages over night of content, likely irrelevant to your characer.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: April 08, 2014, 05:57:59 pm »

So in short, everything a good Bay 12 RP needs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: April 08, 2014, 05:58:23 pm »

Is it ok if I just say she teleported Rose here, you don't need to write much if you aren't feeling too good at the moment. All I really had planned was for Rose to get a swimsuit.

Okay. I'll write what I can, I guess.

You forgot to mention the dubious quality of writing, the lack of detail, the questionable plots, the tendency for people to project onto their characters, the Mary Sue-ish traits, the constant OOC arguments and how irritating it is to keep up with this when people post up to ten pages over night of content, likely irrelevant to your characer.

Shush, Empiricist. We all know it's pretty bad, but that's why we all love it. Some Cheese and Ham isn't always bad after all.

So in short, everything a good Bay 12 RP needs.

Exactly.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: April 08, 2014, 05:59:28 pm »

Just a random question because I like to improve my writing and stuff: Except for length of posts (I'd like to post longer stuff but I never have enough to say xD) do I do any of these things?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: April 08, 2014, 06:05:50 pm »

Shush, Empiricist. We all know it's pretty bad, but that's why we all love it. Some Cheese and Ham isn't always bad after all.
It is when it constitutes the majority of it and is rather jarring considering the original plot and gameplay (which also had far greater potential lethality).

Just a random question because I like to improve my writing and stuff: Except for length of posts (I'd like to post longer stuff but I never have enough to say xD) do I do any of these things?
I never actually mentioned length of posts, though if memory serves, Mallory did have actual expressions described, the signifier rather than the signified so that definitely was a nice deviation from the norm. Overall though I can't comment too much on your characters seeing as Mallory was initially active when I was a bit busy though I don't recall anything that irritated me pertaining to his design. I have no clue about your persona user though seeing as I've hardly been paying attention now ha I've left.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: April 08, 2014, 06:06:48 pm »

Okay. I'll write what I can, I guess.

I'm sorry, if you really don't feel up to it I can just retcon it to say she never asked for you in the first place or we can postpone it for later.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »

It is when it constitutes the majority of it and is rather jarring considering the original plot and gameplay (which had far greater potential lethality).

Ah. I see. I have no idea what to say then, seeing as I never played the first game and joined when the Ham and Cheese became rampant. *shrug*

I'm sorry, if you really don't feel up to it I can just retcon it to say she never asked for you in the first place or we can postpone it for later.

No, it's fine. I'm not that blah. Let's RP a bit more.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »

Personally, I don't think either style is wrong. I mean, 'serious' stuff is what Magical Spambot Girls and other more structured RPs were for.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:50 pm »

Personally, I don't think either style is wrong. I mean, 'serious' stuff is what Magical Spambot Girls and other more structured RPs were for.

Serious stuff. Magical Spambot Girls. Right...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: April 08, 2014, 06:09:34 pm »

This shit is one of Bay 12's many attempts at anti-serious RP. :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: April 08, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »

On that note I propose that Elf runs a game of Maid RPG. Well, anyone can run it but I still propose it.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:49 pm »

Wait.. Maids.... Dammit I know what I want to spend my money on!

Dammit, Im 10 Dollars short.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:07:28 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: April 08, 2014, 07:44:33 pm »

Hope no one minds, but I'm starting the prologue of my plot.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »

I believe you're up in the plot list, so in my book that's fine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: April 08, 2014, 08:02:35 pm »

Prepare to have Will start screwing with it by learning stuff ahead of time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1030