Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010728 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10395 on: March 28, 2014, 10:14:44 pm »

Blah. If you say so. Also, goodnight.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: March 28, 2014, 10:46:43 pm »

And bed time for me. See you all in the morning.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: March 28, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »

My statement was in reference to voidwalkers, not entities that may survive void. There have probably have been plenty of the latter.
I was under the impression that Voidwalkers included anyone who "walks" through the "void".

((Sorry I took so long, was setting up for my baby sister's bday tomorrow.))
Will you tell her someone from the Internet wishes her happy birthday?

Whee, Game of Thrones~
Huh?

Oozey suddenly drops onto Samson's head.
Do you really need multiple slime girls?

Approximately bedtime for me. You'll discover what this ritual is in the morning!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: March 28, 2014, 11:13:35 pm »

My statement was in reference to voidwalkers, not entities that may survive void. There have probably have been plenty of the latter.
I was under the impression that Voidwalkers included anyone who "walks" through the "void".
I was using it more as a term for a type of entity that is, one such that has been killed and revived as an agent of Void. We really need to standardize these terms don't we?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: March 28, 2014, 11:19:09 pm »

Voidwalker -- A previous creation being, doomed to death in the void, only to be revived as one of Void's agents. They are capable of surviving in the void for long periods of time without the aid of other items, enchantments, or beings.

Rough definition.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: March 28, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

In that case, we'll need a new term for traveling through the void without being a voidwalker.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: March 29, 2014, 10:09:05 am »

I was using it more as a term for a type of entity that is, one such that has been killed and revived as an agent of Void. We really need to standardize these terms don't we?
Elf was using the other definition.
And with that specific of a definition, being the first Voidwalker doesn't mean much, especially for our current discussion.

((You know I hate this overly complicated thing and Will.))
Again:
Even with that...you really think that Will's the only one potentially affected by this?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: March 29, 2014, 10:24:33 am »

I think KJ is more angry about you first saying it would be a small miniplot to explain his absence, and then turn it into a very drawn out, actually big plot. I mean, you already skipped the waiting line with the dragons, a still ongoing plot, and now this... :/

that being said, this is really a whole less entertaining than it could or should be. Your GMing style is just....very nondescriptive. It's hard to really get into it.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: March 29, 2014, 10:28:39 am »

I think KJ is more angry about you first saying it would be a small miniplot to explain his absence, and then turn it into a very drawn out, actually big plot.
It was intended to be a miniplot, but...well...let's just say that letting Seham open the portal is going to draw it out, and that this isn't the first time complacency has extended it.

that being said, this is really a whole less entertaining than it could or should be. Your GMing style is just....very nondescriptive. It's hard to really get into it.
That's something I've been trying to work on. When I think about it, at least.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: March 29, 2014, 10:36:15 am »

I think miniplots should be designed to not have too many complications. Just look back at the HILDA subplot. It went smoothly enough (mostly because Loki was there to deal with it), nevertheless it had major impact on HILDA, and noticable impact on Alucard, it also served incredibly well to slowly introduce a large chunk of lore without just dumping the entire thing. Great success.

Not only for structure of the plot, but also for the descriptiveness. I don't wanna masturbate my ego here, but I did get a PM from Nomad praising my writing.
Your hell and demon lord are pretty much just ASCII, where you hover over the D and the only description is "A demon". Especially places like hell and beings like demon deserve description. Make them touch all senses, to give them the imposing, dreadful feeling that hell deserves. Else there is no way KJ would ever be interested in what is going on.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: March 29, 2014, 11:22:34 am »

I think miniplots should be designed to not have too many complications. Just look back at the HILDA subplot. It went smoothly enough (mostly because Loki was there to deal with it), nevertheless it had major impact on HILDA, and noticable impact on Alucard, it also served incredibly well to slowly introduce a large chunk of lore without just dumping the entire thing. Great success.
In theory, Kyle could have learned a bit about what happened to Nuriel and followed up on it; if not, there's Will. Do a bit of recon, find out what happened, locate and confront Seham, and you're pretty much done.

Not only for structure of the plot, but also for the descriptiveness. I don't wanna masturbate my ego here, but I did get a PM from Nomad praising my writing.
Your hell and demon lord are pretty much just ASCII, where you hover over the D and the only description is "A demon". Especially places like hell and beings like demon deserve description. Make them touch all senses, to give them the imposing, dreadful feeling that hell deserves. Else there is no way KJ would ever be interested in what is going on.
((I knew what you were talking about.))
Well, the demons look like pretty much whatever they want, and since they're not needing to be intimidating or anything they don't look like much. Besides, most of them are generic minions, and giving each of them specific appearances...
Seham could have probably used some work, though.

Selina has seen 1 movie in her life and has no idea what to go see...
I vote Frozen. I wonder what it's like in this universe, especially since magic (probably) got revealed enough before release that Disney could modify it some.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: March 29, 2014, 11:27:34 am »

Riddle me this.

EHY WOULD KYLE HAVE DONE MORE INVESTIGATION? There was no reason that it would have neen unreasonable that Angel was still visiting her parents at the hospital. It's more unreasonable that demons could have taken her away with NOT A SOUL to have caught the incident and put it on national news.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: March 29, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »

Sigh, still no sign from Rag. SentientBowTie seems dead as well. Haven't seen Bethany/Corebus around in a long time too :/

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: March 29, 2014, 03:55:06 pm »

Trying to say things that are loophole free is NOT my specialty.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: March 29, 2014, 03:57:38 pm »

Sigh, still no sign from Rag. SentientBowTie seems dead as well. Haven't seen Bethany/Corebus around in a long time too :/

Mcclay has been on, apparently. No clue what's going on with him though. I kinda miss Bethany too...
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1030