Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1011094 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10305 on: March 27, 2014, 02:21:02 pm »

Correct, except there were entities in the void that Void could have fallen in love with at any point in time not to mention any other voidwalking entities. Hence my argument that it was a consequence of Shys'm Caes deciding to dissolve whatever agreement they had in being aromantic.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: March 27, 2014, 02:24:01 pm »

Correct, except there were entities in the void that Void could have fallen in love with at any point in time not to mention any other voidwalking entities. Hence my argument that it was a consequence of Shys'm Caes deciding to dissolve whatever agreement they had in being aromantic.
Unless Void has a taste for young human/ex-human women, explaining why he hasn't had feelings for anyone; considering the most significant entities in the void are Abraxas, an asexual male, demons like Andras and Belphegor who only use the void as a form of transportation, Nyarlothep (he exists), and Set, who clearly isn't interested in sexual relations with him, among other people.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: March 27, 2014, 02:25:22 pm »

...Wouldn't that mean that Void and Ashley's relationship occurred because of the former having an odd fetish?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: March 27, 2014, 02:25:58 pm »

...Wouldn't that mean that Void and Ashley's relationship occurred because of the former having an odd fetish?
Unless Projeck explains it, that's my headcanon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: March 27, 2014, 02:26:16 pm »

riiiiiiiiiiiight. Void has existed even longer than creation...
Actually, he's exactly as old as Shys'm Caes, and hence probably creation.

Twilight has more reasonable romance than that.
Low blow, but...not entirely wrong.

That's not what I was complaining about! I wascomplaining about the fact that this entire plot is not needed and that the absence of your characters could be explained with ease.
It could be, but is that the better solution? I think not. It's certainly less satisfying.

Except you know... Back then, there was no female being able to survive in the void. And seeing as demons cannot survive in the void like Ashley, it would make complete sense that she would be the first.
1. Why can't demons survive in the Void? They're as much Void as they are Creation.
2. Right. Because there are no other female Voidwalkers. Or other female beings of Void.

Shysm'Caes and Void are twins...
I believe they're lovers, but I could be wrong.
They're both.

Except you know... Back then, there was no female being able to survive in the void. And seeing as demons cannot survive in the void like Ashley, it would make complete sense that she would be the first.
Except at no point did we say Ashley was the first Void walker. That is not the reason.  I believe the reason was, until recently, Void and Shys'm Caes were going to refrain from any romance for each other's sake, which all ended when the latter decided she'd rather get accidentally seduced by Selina at which point Void pretty much became free to screw anyone he wanted. In this case, Ashley.
...which leads to questions aimed at Selina.
And I seem to recall implications that this wasn't Shys'm Caes's first romantic thingy.

If by that you mean 'human revived by the Void', you're right, unless anyone wishes to object.
I'd be perfectly fine with this, and even more fine with "only human revived by the Void we're likely to meet or hear about".

Unless Void has a taste for young human/ex-human women, explaining why he hasn't had feelings for anyone; considering the most significant entities in the void are Abraxas, an asexual male, demons like Andras and Belphegor who only use the void as a form of transportation, Nyarlothep (he exists), and Set, who clearly isn't interested in sexual relations with him, among other people.
Which brings up questions about Shys'm Caes and various Void-Walkers.
And, of course, demons. Which can assume any form they like.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: March 27, 2014, 02:31:39 pm »

Twilight has more reasonable romance than that.
Low blow, but...not entirely wrong.
Admittedly it seemed more like a shotgun wedding than anything else.

riiiiiiiiiiiight. Void has existed even longer than creation...
Actually, he's exactly as old as Shys'm Caes, and hence probably creation.
Creation didn't occur until he and Shys'm Caes separated. So yes, he and Shys'm Caes are older than the realms.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: March 27, 2014, 02:32:53 pm »

Actually, Creation forced them to separate. Technically, they are the oldest beings of THIS universe and all related inner parallels.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: March 27, 2014, 02:35:52 pm »

it's canon that other creations existed, so either there are probably more entities like shysm'caes out there, or caes made more than one creation. I guess this would be the latest one, and because of some new features with unforseen consequences, makes it difficult for caes to leave
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:25 pm »

it's canon that other creations existed, so either there are probably more entities like shysm'caes out there, or caes made more than one creation. I guess this would be the latest one, and because of some new features with unforseen consequences, makes it difficult for caes to leave
It's the former. Caes isn't the only one out there.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: March 27, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »

I suppose the twin status to Void makes Caes special though?

unless all creators are siblings to Void, and Void is just the odd one out, not creating stuff
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: March 27, 2014, 02:43:12 pm »

unless all creators are siblings to Void, and Void is just the odd one out, not creating stuff
Nope and nope. Twins aren't that uncommon, and neither are destroyer entities, but none of the creators are siblings with Caes and Void.

And they haven't contacted other creators simply because it is incredibly damn hard to.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: March 27, 2014, 02:44:52 pm »

Actually, they have the same soul, just different halves of it. So it's basically selfcest as well as incest.

You could probably blame a lot of the lore details on one of the two having a particular fetish.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: March 27, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »

Nope and nope. Twins aren't that uncommon, and neither are destroyer entities, but none of the creators are siblings with Caes and Void.

And they haven't contacted other creators simply because it is incredibly damn hard to.
And presumably as practically useless as a moon base (ie, it has some practical use, but not much that we can't do here).

Actually, they have the same soul, just different halves of it. So it's basically selfcest as well as incest.
They're gods. That makes everything...complicated.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: March 27, 2014, 02:45:59 pm »

sooo...are there more than one void? Both as in the great empty space and in Void, ruler of the void?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: March 27, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »

sooo...are there more than one void? Both as in the great empty space and in Void, ruler of the void?
In this universe? Nope.

Elsewhere, possibly. Not that you'd ever find out as it's damn hard to LEAVE a Creation, unless you know HOW. Or get lucky.

Or use the Lost and Found, which will lead you where it pleases.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1030