Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012471 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9630 on: March 15, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »

Actually, since I'm in a pretty bad mood at present, I'm going to be draconian. Take all discussion of this issue to the PMs or I lock the OOC thread until I see fit to re-open it.
Yay! :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: March 15, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »

Actually, since I'm in a pretty bad mood at present, I'm going to be draconian. Take all discussion of this issue to the PMs or I lock the OOC thread until I see fit to re-open it.
Yay! :D
Yay, a reduction of the GBD!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: March 15, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »

GBD ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: March 15, 2014, 05:50:58 pm »

Gross Bitching Deposit.
Sig! Onol

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: March 15, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »

That seems unpleasant Xantalos.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: March 15, 2014, 08:20:22 pm »

No, nobody wants your examples.
And people say I'm abrasive.

We still call cobalt, cobalt even though we know know it has nothing to do with kobolds. We still call atoms, atoms even though we have shown that they are not indivisible. You merely selected cases that support your argument whilst ignoring ones that do not.
The difference? We don't use "cobalt" and "atom" to refer to something other than the metal or the submolecular particle.

Also, we do indeed call orcas killer whales, and the magic world is fairly stagnant.
Not much, and this world developed exactly as the real world did so you can't say "magic makes it stagnant!" because...it didn't.

Then lock it. See if I care. Lock the in-character thread for all I care. Do you have any idea how much I've been considering leaving this thread just to avoid Akroma?
A lot more since he called you an ignorant asshole for calling a spade a spade.

He is, but it's impolite to say so.
I AM JOKING! IT WAS A JOKE!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: March 15, 2014, 08:27:04 pm »

Please calm down. Akroma, GWG. You both disagree with eachother and neither of you are going to backdown as this just goes down to petty name calling and insults. Just ignore eachothers OOC posts if you have too! I don't want you to fighting every 2 days over something stupid!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: March 15, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »

Gotta go guys. ciao!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: March 15, 2014, 08:56:24 pm »

Yes it is.
Well, the fact that we have one in the first place.
Sig! Onol

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: March 15, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »

Go ahead GWG. Leave. No one is stopping you. All you've done is pick fights with Akroma. Hell, you even caused my first forum game to die because you wouldn't stop fighting with one of the players over a stupid little thing. Yeah, Someone has a different opinion than you. So what? Everyone's opinions differ. It's called being human. If all you do is fight about opinions, what does that make you?

Also, that ignorant asshole remark was directed towards you, not Elf. Wording is still important and you obviously chose to ignore it. Please read the entire sentence and it's accompanying sentences before you make assumptions again:

it's not an arguement you ignorant asshole, there is no right and wrong about this in any sense, I stated several times that I chose the name simply because I think it's a nice name, that fits nicely into the lore, and is purposefully chosen over accurate names. You continueing to call it stupid is offensive, and if I didn't have respect for Elf and this game continueing, I'd be raging rather hard.

Notice how Akroma said that If she didn't have any respect for Elf and the game continuing that she would rage hard? That sentence itself says that she was talking to you and not Elf. Makes you saying she called elf the ignorant asshole kinda look silly doesn't it?

Point is:

Elf said take it to the PM and both you and me completely ignored that. Both of us should be quite ashamed for our stupidity. And yes, I did call myself stupid. Fair is fair. I'm off for the night because arguing is stupid. Yeah again, ashamed for arguing.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: March 15, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »

:l
To this whole "argument" for being stupid.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: March 15, 2014, 09:19:27 pm »

Agreed Projeck. And now, I'm off for really :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: March 15, 2014, 09:51:01 pm »

We still call cobalt, cobalt even though we know know it has nothing to do with kobolds. We still call atoms, atoms even though we have shown that they are not indivisible. You merely selected cases that support your argument whilst ignoring ones that do not.
The difference? We don't use "cobalt" and "atom" to refer to something other than the metal or the submolecular particle.
Cobalt is based around the idea of kobolds. Atom is based around the idea of being indivisibility. The Wall of Stars is based around the idea that it was a bunch of stars. I don't think anyone would use "The Wall of Stars" to refer to anything else either.
Also, we do indeed call orcas killer whales, and the magic world is fairly stagnant.
Not much, and this world developed exactly as the real world did so you can't say "magic makes it stagnant!" because...it didn't.
He was referring to the magic world not the entire world. You cannot argue that well against something declared with GM-jurisdiction.
Then lock it. See if I care. Lock the in-character thread for all I care. Do you have any idea how much I've been considering leaving this thread just to avoid Akroma?
You are aware that you are resorting to such a juvenile retort when arguing about the specific naming, not the actual lore, the specific naming of stuff inside a game that seems to be primarily comprised of light-hearted LGBT-based RP where the Grim Reaper is an embodiment of economics and taxes, right?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: March 15, 2014, 10:12:29 pm »

Cobalt is based around the idea of kobolds. Atom is based around the idea of being indivisibility.
No, they aren't. They were named for that, but saying they are that is like saying that I am a minor Biblical figure. Or my grandfather, if you look at my middle name.
And, again, "star" is still used to mean what it originally meant. "Cobalt" isn't used to refer to kobolds (which, let's face it, aren't usually referred to by people other than low-level D&D players, DF players, and sometimes those who study ancient Germanic cultures), people never use "atomos" to mean "indivisible," and "star" still refers to what they always did.

The Wall of Stars is based around the idea that it was a bunch of stars.
Again, no it isn't. Especially since--as has been repeatedly stated--they are not stars. Saying that the Wall of Stars is based around the idea that it is a bunch of stars is (slightly) more like saying that I'm based on the idea that I am an ancient saint, and also a girl.

He was referring to the magic world not the entire world. You cannot argue that well against something declared with GM-jurisdiction.
[/quoite]
Did I miss something? When did a "magic world" come into being? Can you name a single magician that wasn't inextricably entangled in the non-magical world? Very nearly every character who has showed up has come from a nonmagical background.

[quote
You are aware that you are resorting to such a juvenile retort when arguing about the specific naming, not the actual lore, the specific naming of stuff inside a game that seems to be primarily comprised of light-hearted LGBT-based RP where the Grim Reaper is an embodiment of economics and taxes, right?
1. Juvenile retort? No, that was an expression of irritation. The juvenile part was Akroma using ad hominem when Elf was calling our argument an argument.
2. It's a "light-hearted LGBT-based RP where the Grim Reaper is an embodiment of economics and taxes" that I've been part of (and adding to the lore of) for months...pretty close to a year now, I think. If I want it to make sense, I will do my best to make it make sense. Besides, what was the point of posting that cosmology if we weren't supposed to point out issues with it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: March 15, 2014, 10:14:59 pm »

Hey. Hey.
Why not have Will point out IC that the name's inaccurate? Seems like something he'd do.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1030