Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010416 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9210 on: March 09, 2014, 05:02:25 pm »

He could declare it over simply by closing the threads related to it.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: March 09, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »

the lore of this game is a gigantic patchwork of tons of stuff that I am sure nobody, including elf, as completely memorized - and nobody has been so kind to write it down :P

Hence why we need to start writing it down. Get a google doc or github or something, start making a list of everything established about the world. :P

Also, he could, but he can't start us from starting our own threads. He can close the thread, but not delete its contents. Emp's lists, for instance, will still remain.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: March 09, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »

Oh yeah, I would get angry about that too, except that I'm a little surprised you consider RotMG really 'yours'. I mean, most of the start was Scapheap's, and most of the world lore probably belongs to Rag...

* Twi shrugs.
Actually, not really. Most of the world lore is altered real-life lore; Rag owns the Creation shit. I handle Persona/Superpowers/real mythology. Emp handles Fate/Wall Street. Scap owns the Layars- hence why I haven't done much with them, as he didn't give me any lore about them at the end when he handed it over. Everyone else owns bits and pieces, but Emp, Rag and I own most of the lore.

I consider it mine because I got it and I kinda feel guilty that I didn't turn it into a huge, Einsteinian Roulette-style game, only with magical girls and more idealism, hence why I want to end it and start over.

also Elf, GM or not, the game is running mostly independant from you. If you declared it over, it would probably keep running, like that self-sustaining fission sun thing in spiderman 2.
and if you actually contacted Toady to close the thread, now that would be a bit of a spoilsport, wouldn't it? I mean, what's the point in closing the thread if you can just walk away and not GM it? Just to force everyone to play in your new thread instead?

Analogy: Someone founds a nation, leaves the nation mostly independant and when he finds the nation is not running the way he wants to, declares the nation over? Things will just keep running. Don't be angyr Elf, be proud, ROTMG is the most popular and active game around - why exactly would you even want it to be forcefully closed?
Because, frankly, implying that I have no authority whatsoever on my game is going to irritate me. Yes, I am proud. Running this game was- and is- an honor to do. However, sometimes, being ticked off when shit like this happens is going to happen. No, I am probably not going to shut down this thread any time soon- if I do, it will be because I am either terminally ill and therefore cannot run it any longer, or when everyone leaves it- which I hope they don't.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: March 09, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »

I'll commence making lore flowcharts after dinner. :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: March 09, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »

I don't want Einsteinan roulette.

I want this.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: March 09, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

He could declare it over simply by closing the threads related to it.

I said that. But really, what's the point? If Elf doesn't like how things are going in the thread, and feels he is no longer enjoying it, he could simply leave it alone, let someone else take over the GMing and open a new thread.
Forcefully closing this thread to make sure nobody else can enjoy the game any longer just because he isn't, so everyone has to migrate to the new thread seems like a very aggressive way of going about this.

That being said, I didn't say that you had no authority whatsoever. Yours is word from god that solves every problem here. My point is, that you can't just simply close the thread and expect everyone to just accept that. Just because you no longer want to play doesn't mean you can just make everyone else forcefully quit. Well, technicaly you *can* because forum mechanics, but seriously, why would you? So many people have invested so much time in this, any the sheer length of the plot queue serves to show how much more time and thought they have still in store for this game. Why ruin everyones fun by closing it?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: March 09, 2014, 05:14:37 pm »

In case you guys might be thinking; I'm not shutting the game down. I've been toying with the idea, but seeing the game grow this big makes it altogether too sad for me to. However, I am going to try and take my responsibilities more seriously. I do warn you about the difficulties of running it with large posts of plot and turnposts without a computer, again, but I will try.

Twi is now one of the official lore managers. PM me if you want to be the second.

As for lore experts, Emp, Rag, and I have the lore on Fate/Twilight, Creation/Void, and Persona/Gods/Superpowers/anything else respectively. Thus, we are your designated loremasters. Kj is also for IRIS which isn't too defined anyway.

@Akroma When did I say I didn't want to play? I said I was getting irritated. I've already established, twice, that I won't end this game except if everyone leaves. Therefore, providing various arguments towards keeping the game alive is irrelevant when I've decided I will anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: March 09, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

hmm, I take it the lore my plot is about to bring in is already approved, and I only have to PM it to the lorelittes once it actually becomes relevant, that is at the end of my first plot?

or should I do so immediatly and spoiler the stuff?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: March 09, 2014, 05:18:42 pm »

hmm, I take it the lore my plot is about to bring in is already approved, and I only have to PM it to the lorelittes once it actually becomes relevant, that is at the end of my first plot?

or should I do so immediatly and spoiler the stuff?
I'm grandfathering in any plots that were approved prior to lore managers.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: March 09, 2014, 05:20:00 pm »

Fuck PMs, ask me out loud first. PM if you want to manage PRIVATE lore. Still, there's a lot of lore out there that's public, it just isn't easily accessible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: March 09, 2014, 05:21:07 pm »

Fuck PMs, ask me out loud first. PM if you want to manage PRIVATE lore. Still, there's a lot of lore out there that's public, it just isn't easily accessible.
So....yeah. You and USEC are now lore/plot reviewers. Put that up in the OP.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: March 09, 2014, 05:21:51 pm »

*toots horn* We should set up a couple of google docs, actually. For management purposes.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: March 09, 2014, 05:23:40 pm »

*toots horn* We should set up a couple of google docs, actually. For management purposes.
What I'm doing at this instant.
I'll add USEC to the editor list soon.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: March 09, 2014, 05:24:50 pm »

What I'm doing at this instant.
I'll add USEC to the editor list soon.

And a private one too, for sneaky hidden stuff?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: March 09, 2014, 05:25:30 pm »

Of course, but this first, then sneaky hidden stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1030