Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010294 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9195 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

We still need someone(s) to consistently review plots and organize, and Elf alone isn't cutting the former given Projeck's been approved twice already.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: March 09, 2014, 04:36:21 pm »

Yeah, I had to have Elf re-approve my plot due to him completely forgetting about it after me getting approved the first time in December.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »

Wasn't sure where this plot came from anyway, hence the question mark.
It came from "No one's running a plot. Anyone mind if I run a plot? Guys? ...Okay, dragon time."

How about we just run a few plots that that have some degree of compatibility simultaneously and have them interfere with each other? I don't think a conspiracy to abduct and research magic users would cause too much issues when being run with something inside the bracelet system and some sort of incident with dragons.
Especially since the dragon situation is currently stable. Really, the next step would presumably be one that could be initiated any old time people want.

Wait, didn't @Projeck's plot already begin seeing as Jason got kidnapped and later, Marie got abducted (and probably will again, though subsequent times will probably involve her forcing the other party to abduct her)?
Huh?
WHY DID NO ONE CONSIDER THIS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO TELL ME?!?

...unless they start grabbing and shoving dragons into windowless vans...
Sounds amusing. If anyone wants to draw up some stats for dragons (or use what I've already drawn up), go ahead and include that.

Isn't this a it of an overreaction to something that can be rectified easily?
Yup.

relevant
Quote from: Link
...though with how often folks pull out guns to solve disagreements in the US – legally! – now, I’d argue it’s not so safe here, either.
Unless the author comes from one of the worse areas of Detroit or Gary or something and routinely provoked armed criminals, that's BS. I'm not sure how that could be considered relevant to anything if such a blatant lie is present in the third sentence.

You can blame him for literally forgetting about a perfectly finished plot for months on end and even when he has time nonetheless being lazy as fuck and devoting the bare minimum of effort to actually doing his job. Or rather, not doing his job. Most of the time he doesn't do his job until heads start rolling.

That is why he did that. IT's because he at least recognizes that he could never be bothered to run anything.
Indeed.
He doesn't even run his own characters anymore.

it's not his job, he is giving us free entertainment for little reward.
Indeed. However, if he's not interested in GMing, perhaps the position should be given to someone else who is?

Also, if I was the GM I doubt that I would do much more than what Elf is doing right now, besides keep the plots in order and poke people to run theirs on time.
Eh. More than Elf seems to be doing.

Notice the "seems".

does it really matter? Cut Elf some slack here, it doesn't matter if there are people who could *potentialy* do better than him. Point is, he is the one doing it...
Doing what, exactly? He wears the crown, but doesn't...um...negotiate the trade deals? That analogy fell apart fast.
Point is, Elf doesn't have much to do, but he isn't demonstrating a desire to do it. So why not consider who else could? We're not going to guillotine him or anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: March 09, 2014, 04:39:40 pm »

GWG, the analogy was that as that article suggests, my rage did not occur in a vacuum  but was the product of built-up resentment towards Elf. :P

Also, Marie let herself be abducted. She's been back for ages.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: March 09, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

not like abducting marie would do much good for any abductor :P
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: March 09, 2014, 04:41:54 pm »

Point taken. Kinda pissed off to be honest at other things- Twi has a point. And I HAVE been running my own characters, thank you very much.

To be honest, I've been considering closing the game here, restarting with a much smaller crew, a better grip on everything else, and more missions run by me. Or hell, just divving up the player base with a co-GM, have one GM cover a group and let me cover another. I might stop the plot queue and do one of my own.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: March 09, 2014, 04:42:25 pm »

Nah, she annoyed him to the point of him throwing her out the plane. And then she hung on to the plane and they teleported out to get away from her.

Back to your scheduled rage.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: March 09, 2014, 04:46:54 pm »

oh hey, Elf gave me an excuse to rage more.

It's not a hard job to moderate. Non-elf people can do it. Elf doesn't want to nor is he very good at it. We just need other people to do it. I'm willing to review plots. A more audacious project would be to start buttoning down on lore and whatnot, maybe through public documents (stuff revealed in the RP) and private documents (stuff planned). But just making sure we don't break anything? Simple! Easy! Practical! If we actually put in effort. Which the current person tasked for that purpose is unwilling to put in.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:48:35 pm by Twi »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: March 09, 2014, 04:49:52 pm »

Elf, I dare say that if you "close" this game game and start a new, smaller one while erasing the plot cue, you may find that you sorta lack that authority.

Everyone has a ton of characters and plots lined up they wanna play, and nobody really seems bothered by there being many players. And it WORKS. Just look at how big and linglived this thread is, compared to all the forum games with a lot of GM regulation - those hardly last 2 weeks. I am not sure why, but this thread is a model of success, unparalleled by any other in this section. Even threads meant to emulate it, like super academy, are running so much, much more slower.

if you declare this game over, you may find that it might simply continue running well without you, all that will happen is that we will have a long discussion on who inherits the authority to put his foot down to end arguements, while the IC thread will not see any change apart from your chars missing.

So seriously both of you, Elf, Twi, stop being so upset. Despite your complaints, everything is running just fine. All we need to do is get the plot queue into proper order and everything will resume nicely.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: March 09, 2014, 04:51:13 pm »

. All we need to do is get the plot queue into proper order and everything will resume nicely.
Hey I'm allowed to be upset when the sole responsibility of reviewing and organizing plots fell to Elf who clearly doesn't want to and isn't good at it, resulting in Proj getting his plot forgetblocked a whole season :P

Besides, I tend to proxyrage for friends who would rather clam up when they get angry. Like Proj is doing right now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:52:47 pm by Twi »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: March 09, 2014, 04:53:43 pm »

Yeah, I had to have Elf re-approve my plot due to him completely forgetting about it after me getting approved the first time in December.
Dude, I'm only human. Your point, however subtly cutting ( :P ), is taken anyway.

oh hey, Elf gave me an excuse to rage more.

It's not a hard job to moderate. Non-elf people can do it. Elf doesn't want to nor is he very good at it. We just need other people to do it. I'm willing to review plots. A more audacious project would be to start buttoning down on lore and whatnot, maybe through public documents (stuff revealed in the RP) and private documents (stuff planned).
1. Pretty damn hard to be good at it when I don't GM anything else and most things go down by numbers.
2. I'm quite enraged myself, to be honest. I accept I've been incredibly lazy and unattentive. For that I apologise. However, I have cleared plots, done my best to record lore, and frankly if I was permitted would be able to run actual plot; stupidly hard when you have nothing but a tablet to work on for five out of seven days a week.
3. Please, go ahead. I need people to help with the moderation- a co-GM and a plot reviewer. Co-GM to handle shit when I'm gone and plot reviewer because there are far too many people to get through.

Elf, I dare say that if you "close" this game game and start a new, smaller one while erasing the plot cue, you may find that you sorta lack that authority.

Everyone has a ton of characters and plots lined up they wanna play, and nobody really seems bothered by there being many players. And it WORKS. Just look at how big and linglived this thread is, compared to all the forum games with a lot of GM regulation - those hardly last 2 weeks. I am not sure why, but this thread is a model of success, unparalleled by any other in this section. Even threads meant to emulate it, like super academy, are running so much, much more slower.

if you declare this game over, you may find that it might simply continue running well without you, all that will happen is that we will have a long discussion on who inherits the authority to put his foot down to end arguements, while the IC thread will not see any change apart from your chars missing.

So seriously both of you, Elf, Twi, stop being so upset. Despite your complaints, everything is running just fine. All we need to do is get the plot queue into proper order and everything will resume nicely.
Actually, I kinda do have the authority, Akroma. Where is yours to tell me that I cannot shut down my game, precisely? However blunt and irritated that sounds, the point is that you do NOT have the authority to tell me where I stand. I may not exercise my right, but I am STILL GM.

I'm upset, but for completely different reasons than this game, which only upset me when I read it NOW. I've been planning to either split the thread or end it for a while. I'm having second guesses.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: March 09, 2014, 04:55:51 pm »

Hey, Lost and Found of the Multiverse worked fine for a long time even though Vorthon didn't really ever apply any authority as far as I'm aware to LaFotM 2 until he closed it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: March 09, 2014, 04:57:52 pm »

Hey, Lost and Found of the Multiverse worked fine for a long time even though Vorthon didn't really ever apply any authority as far as I'm aware to LaFotM 2 until he closed it.
I know. What mainly irritates me is that I'm being told that I have no authority in my own game, which is, for obvious reasons, dead wrong, and other factors which in all fairness I shouldn't be taking out on you guys.

I am perfectly ready to take on a co-GM and a plot reviewer, or at least two plot reviewers; fair enough. I have a lot of shit going on over here as it is and not having my computer to do it with is very taxing. I haven't been good at all; fair point, hence why I'm taking on anyone who wants to.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: March 09, 2014, 04:59:55 pm »

Oh yeah, I would get angry about that too, except that I'm a little surprised you consider RotMG really 'yours'. I mean, most of the start was Scapheap's, and most of the world lore probably belongs to Rag...

* Twi shrugs.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: March 09, 2014, 05:00:50 pm »

the lore of this game is a gigantic patchwork of tons of stuff that I am sure nobody, including elf, as completely memorized - and nobody has been so kind to write it down :P

trying to look through all plots and making sure it is consistent with already established lore is actually no easy task - reminder I had to contact almost half of the players to get my plot properly in line with established lore, and it's still not a perfect fit

also Elf, GM or not, the game is running mostly independant from you. If you declared it over, it would probably keep running, like that self-sustaining fission sun thing in spiderman 2.
and if you actually contacted Toady to close the thread, now that would be a bit of a spoilsport, wouldn't it? I mean, what's the point in closing the thread if you can just walk away and not GM it? Just to force everyone to play in your new thread instead?

Analogy: Someone founds a nation, leaves the nation mostly independant and when he finds the nation is not running the way he wants to, declares the nation over? Things will just keep running. Don't be angyr Elf, be proud, ROTMG is the most popular and active game around - why exactly would you even want it to be forcefully closed?
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1030