Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010529 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9165 on: March 09, 2014, 03:46:46 pm »

Elf isn't listening.
ElfCollaborator: Much business
relevant
Elf not giving a fuck about the RP and generally being a pretty terrible GM has been going on for a long time. The panic attack just made me more willing to scream my head off.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: March 09, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »

Well, sorry for being a human with emotions, Emp. Not everyone can be apathetic like you.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: March 09, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »

Elf not giving a fuck about the RP and generally being a pretty terrible GM has been going on for a long time.
He was one of the only people willing to take up that role at the time. I cannot blame him if he is simply busy. However, seeing as we have a larger player pool now and this has arisen once more, should this come down to a vote, I vote for @USEC_OFFICER. Partially because I am in another one of his RPs which is going quite well and partially because his plot had a minimal amount of controversy.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: March 09, 2014, 03:55:38 pm »

May I not place the reminder that it was @Elf who allowed us to, in the first place, create and GM our own plots? After all, @Scapheap used a more storyline-based method.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: March 09, 2014, 03:55:53 pm »

with so much going on, confusing the plots can happen, no biggie
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: March 09, 2014, 03:56:47 pm »

I'm gonna stab you, Arkoma, if that fingerling has anything else to buy.
Black lives matter.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: March 09, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

You can blame him for literally forgetting about a perfectly finished plot for months on end and even when he has time nonetheless being lazy as fuck and devoting the bare minimum of effort to actually doing his job. Or rather, not doing his job. Most of the time he doesn't do his job until heads start rolling.

That is why he did that. IT's because he at least recognizes that he could never be bothered to run anything.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: March 09, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »

it's not his job, he is giving us free entertainment for little reward.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: March 09, 2014, 03:59:27 pm »

That is why he did that. IT's because he at least recognizes that he could never be bothered to run anything.
Herein lies the question: would you rather a GM who can run this at an acceptable pace and standard if it means that, they run something like @Scapheap's plot and it requires us to all discard our current plots?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: March 09, 2014, 04:01:01 pm »

He was one of the only people willing to take up that role at the time. I cannot blame him if he is simply busy. However, seeing as we have a larger player pool now and this has arisen once more, should this come down to a vote, I vote for @USEC_OFFICER. Partially because I am in another one of his RPs which is going quite well and partially because his plot had a minimal amount of controversy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence? Mind you I'm dropping Magical Spambot Girls for something different because I obviously overstretched myself with the dungeon design.

Also, if I was the GM I doubt that I would do much more than what Elf is doing right now, besides keep the plots in order and poke people to run theirs on time. Running my plot was rather stressful, to be honest.

Herein lies the question: would you rather a GM who can run this at an acceptable pace and standard if it means that, they run something like @Scapheap's plot and it requires us to all discard our current plots?

Not really. Part of the appeal of this game is that we all have plots and ideas and they all interact and work with each other in interesting ways.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: March 09, 2014, 04:03:15 pm »

That's not even relevant. I don't care about pace or plot, I just don't want someone who doesn't care about the RP running it. And also someone who's incompetence has repeatedly caused trouble for us. And who is unwilling to actually put in the effort to even really actively moderate that much, which is the least a GM should do here. I mean, I've seen the way Elf responds to lore: When I actually told him to think about stuff for the Neferis calculation, I'm pretty sure he pulled those ideas  out of his ass. He whined about Maria's house getting blown up even though he should have, if he was GMing responsibly, known full well that it was possible and raised objections beforehand.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:06:53 pm by Twi »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: March 09, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

So are you to say that a turn-per-day GM with a style similar @Piecewise would be acceptable? It would cut the RP rate drastically, which, at this rate, may not be a bad thing.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: March 09, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »

This game is more or less group controled anyway. Everyone is adding to the lore and the plots on his own anyway, what matters is that Elf keeps an eye out. He hasn#t been doing that bad of a job.

It would however be nice if that list could be kept public and visible for everyone to see, so nobody can just cut in line or accidentaly be forgotten

also, shut up Twi. Elf is doing this because he wants to, not because he has to. If you shit on him like this, he'll just quit and nobody wants that. he deserves to enjoy this game as much as anyone else. As I said before, this game is more or less community driven. Actively reading the entire thing and moderating it is a huge task. It's entirely sufficent when Elf shows up when he is called, when the group is at an impasse and needs a bit word from above to keep running without major arguements. he has been doing that so far, everything else is just a bonus

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: March 09, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »

you're missing the point.

You can blame him for literally forgetting about a perfectly finished plot for months on end and even when he has time nonetheless being lazy as fuck and devoting the bare minimum of effort to actually doing his job.
He whined about Maria's house getting blown up even though he should have, if he was GMing responsibly, known full well that it was possible and raised objections beforehand. After all, Rag did supposedly warn him this was going to happen!

Also, no. Just because he doesn't have to doesn't mean he gets praise for doing it poorly. I understand why he did it to begin with, but it's clear there are people better suited to organize all the plots and lore. As in, literally everyone.

If anyone had simply kept the plots in order, Projeck wouldn't be feeling like shit and I wouldn't be raging.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: March 09, 2014, 04:12:47 pm »

Calm down everyone, to let emotions perturb this argument to such an extent is a rather dangerous matter.

A point I would like to bring up is that, if such moderation of temporary GMs is required, then surely that indicates that a large quantity of potential replacement GMs are not viable options then?

If the issue is simply plot order, let me do it then. I'm already maintaining a list of characters and links anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1030