Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010695 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9105 on: March 09, 2014, 05:19:17 am »

I think we should put some lore posts up regarding the Lore of IRIS and of the Void, that compiles all the little snippets that have been mentioned at some time, and maybe fills some obvious gaps, just to have an overview ready for people who dont know what the hell
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: March 09, 2014, 08:51:17 am »

I think we should put some lore posts up regarding the Lore of IRIS and of the Void, that compiles all the little snippets that have been mentioned at some time, and maybe fills some obvious gaps, just to have an overview ready for people who dont know what the hell

That would be good.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: March 09, 2014, 08:55:05 am »

Yeah that would be helpful
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: March 09, 2014, 09:13:27 am »

Elf should have all of the lore, or at least, most of it. It would be cool if you could just copypaste all non-spoiler stuff into the thread, possibly the first page, and then those in charge of various things (rag for void, kyle for iris and GWG for demons I think?) just add to that or correct stuff
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: March 09, 2014, 09:29:38 am »

So I'm writing Alucard's plot. Any advice?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: March 09, 2014, 09:34:25 am »

considering I have no idea what kinda of plot you have in mind, and don't really want to be spoilered either, only very general advice

- be prepared that a lot of players might not show much interest or innitiative. don't be discouraged by that

- add in a swarm of weak grunts, KJ seems to be aching for some fights where he can be badass

- be prepared that your bossfights might be over in an instant when suddenly all those players who previously had no interest start teleporting in an adding their attacks. It is incredibly difficult to actually create a balanced fight, as you never really know who and how many players will be fighting

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: March 09, 2014, 09:35:55 am »

You could create a boss that gets more powerful as people show up to fight.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: March 09, 2014, 09:38:32 am »

Alright, thanks. How should I handle combat?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: March 09, 2014, 09:40:19 am »

wouldn't a boss that gets more powerful the more people join quickly turn into a bullshit fight?

either the stat increase is so small that it's meaningless, or the stat-increase raises the enemies stats to a level where he is virtualy impossible to be properly damaged

as far as handling combat goes, it seems the d50+stat method is the fastest, I recommend it

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: March 09, 2014, 09:41:45 am »

How is HP handled?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: March 09, 2014, 09:47:13 am »

when hit, d50+(strength or mag) vs d50+(end or mind), the difference (if on the strengths side) is the damage dealt.

I think

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: March 09, 2014, 09:48:17 am »

Okay, thank you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: March 09, 2014, 12:20:18 pm »

You could create a boss that gets more powerful as people show up to fight.
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: March 09, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »

Shade begins crying hard. She didn't mean to kill Bartimaeus. The attack wasn't even meant to hit him.

Samson begins rubbing the back of his neck and looks apologetic.
I have no idea who these people are.

Anything of note happen in the last ~10 pages?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: March 09, 2014, 01:04:31 pm »

not all that much. people are discussing wether or not we should help Annabelle in overthrowing the government in her world. apart from that, people are getting ready for dragon hunting
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1030