Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1014554 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #8850 on: March 04, 2014, 04:48:30 pm »

yeah, but...how can it not actually kill a human, who is actually absolutely screwed if his body temperature is even just slightly risen (+6°C is guaranteed death), while most machines still work entirely reliable (+20°C is shrugged off like it's nothing) under increased heat but are fucked over?
Magic. Also because it would be so broken. Against a machine, a machine can be repaired. A human? Good luck. True resurrection is impossible, period, in this universe.
Precisely my thinking.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:03 pm »

But if Lily thinks someone isn't dead, aren't they not dead?
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »

I guess. But I wonder wether there wouldn't be something more fitting that can take out machines easily but only slightly bother humans than an ability that would do the exact opposite.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: March 04, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »

Nope, doesn't work like that. Even the Gods can't bring someone back. Ashley and Cyrielle are technically undead, not truly resurrected.

If someone dies, that's it. Undeath doesn't count as resurrection.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: March 04, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »

Ashley is a zombie? neat
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: March 04, 2014, 04:58:38 pm »

Eh, less of a zombie than Cyrielle. Think of a shapeshifter that just goes back to the void everytime their physical form 'dies'

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: March 04, 2014, 05:00:24 pm »

cue horrorstory plot where we figure out that Ashley is indeed dead, and what came back is only pretending to be Ashley

please make it so

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: March 04, 2014, 05:04:13 pm »

Well, human Ashley is dead.
She just became a Voidwalker, which can basically alter what they look like. And a bunch of other shizz.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:51 pm »

I didn't realise we had an anti-magic field around the castle.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: March 04, 2014, 05:15:14 pm »

yeah, it's the single most forgotten thing ever

I will just pretend that it is actually set to auto-whitelist everyone who approaches and actually has to be set to block specific targets whenever the player who was in controle of it remembers that it should block some magic. Whatever PCs is in charge of it must be kinda neglient, constantly slapping itself on the forehead about forgetting about it

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: March 04, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »

I would just like to point out that yellow dragons are supposed to be able to fly, which means there would be landing sites near their lairs. An overfly of the area encompassed by the eyewitness reports should narrow down possible locations, and would therefore make it quicker
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: March 04, 2014, 07:04:39 pm »

And Yes satellites that can pin point magic are a thing.
Accounted for.

unless the eye-witness reports are very accurate, it might take weeks of tracking through the jungle to find anything. waiting for the satelites is a lot more convenient, and likely faster too
Dependent on the satellites being numerous and in convenient orbits (unlikely) and on the yellow dragons having very, very small ranges and/or ignoring things that aren't within a hundred feet (also unlikely).

yeah, but...how can it not actually kill a human, who is actually absolutely screwed if his body temperature is even just slightly risen (+6°C is guaranteed death), while most machines still work entirely reliable (+20°C is shrugged off like it's nothing) under increased heat but are fucked over?
Biological organisms have superior homeostatic capabilities.

Their body would be moving, and there might be something like what Lily thought the person was like controlling it, but...not really.
And even Lily isn't dumb enough to not recognize a (typical) corpse.

I would just like to point out that yellow dragons are supposed to be able to fly, which means there would be landing sites near their lairs. An overfly of the area encompassed by the eyewitness reports should narrow down possible locations, and would therefore make it quicker
Do condors need landing sites?

((Well does the field work against powers from divine sources?))
It works against anything save greater gods, Wall Street, and the conventional laws of physics. I'm not sure if even quantum physics apply.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:47 pm »

Wait, why hasn't anyone mentioned Sen's Magic books to Lunette? That would bring all kinds of shenanigans.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: March 05, 2014, 12:03:34 am »

((Well, the way it works here is, it would still raise her temperature, but MIND would simply be to not get some form of damage, because she can resist heat, but it's still there. I'm just using realistic effects.))
Makes sense. No matter what our willpower, having the air heated around you (or in you) is going to give you a bad time.
Yeah except previous precedent indicates that it still protects. Otherwise, Kyle could have previously exploded people's lungs with air magic seeing as willpwoer shouldn't be able to stop that either.

Nope, doesn't work like that. Even the Gods can't bring someone back. Ashley and Cyrielle are technically undead, not truly resurrected.
'Slightly biomechanical corpse-puppet' is probably a better term for the latter by now. Either way, works well for shipping prevention seeing as necrophilic subtext tends to halt it.

The former is more akin to a ghost except one with an adjustable physical form.

Aria's form, the one time she appeared was probably either the afterlife's equivalent of using Skype or a ghost.

Silica's body amounts to a UAV with the operator already in the afterlife.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:18:25 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:41 am »

((Well, the way it works here is, it would still raise her temperature, but MIND would simply be to not get some form of damage, because she can resist heat, but it's still there. I'm just using realistic effects.))
Makes sense. No matter what our willpower, having the air heated around you (or in you) is going to give you a bad time.
Yeah except previous precedent indicates that it still protects. Otherwise, Kyle could have previously exploded people's lungs with air magic seeing as willpwoer shouldn't be able to stop that either.
Look, Elf agreed it would be alright. So that's good enough for me.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1030