Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013076 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6330 on: February 07, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

feel free to make different suggestion

also, Arya has only appeared once in 500 pages. I have no clue who Hollis even is. If they dont move with the others, well, nothing of value was lost. When they are actually needed, they cna just teleport in
...so essentially, you're going to assume that a mansion wasn't at all valuable to them. At all.

And that leaving their house trashed is a nice way of thanking them for letting nearly everyone bunk there.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: February 07, 2014, 03:49:32 pm »

I'll have Tobias and his shadow-beings fix up the house :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: February 07, 2014, 03:49:46 pm »

...so essentially, you're going to assume that a mansion wasn't at all valuable to them. At all.
And that leaving their house trashed is a nice way of thanking them for letting nearly everyone bunk there.
Fits well with Akroma's logic so far.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: February 07, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

but...but...castle...with..lazer turrets and..a cave-swimming pool and...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: February 07, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »

Kyle owes them nothing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:20 pm »

Kyle owes them nothing.
but...but...castle...with..lazer turrets and..a cave-swimming pool and...
Still, pretty damn cruel to leave your friends like that. Seriously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:59 pm »

Kyle owes them nothing.
Well, he did kind of send them devices that put holes in the walls.
And occasionally crash there and eat their food.
And never offer to let anyone stay at his house.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: February 07, 2014, 03:54:19 pm »

*Where...w is the total spending on solar energy in the last financial quarter, x is the total spending on all renewable energy in the last financial quarter, y is the total amount spent on research and development of solar energy in the last financial quarter and z is the total amount spent on research and development of renewable energy in the last financial quarter.
What would this thing have been like in the 19th century or earlier, since "renewable energy" wasn't a thing? (0/0 is bad.)
Or heck, before there was solar energy. I calculate that it would be shining with the light of zero suns between the invention of the concept of renewable energy and the invention of solar power.
The variables of its formula vary quite a bit, one of the times it appeared on Earth, before proper civilization began, that ratio was the ratio of wood used as fuel to total wood usage.

The big one?
Our actions meant nothing. The battle would have had the exact same outcome as it would have had if everyone was playing Solitaire or Monopoly during the battle.

Even worse: The battle meant nothing. It was completely pointless and had almost no effect on the rest of plot.
I agree, it literally consisted of Dumah trying to commit vandalism in the most over the top way possible whilst being protected by that other angel.

Clearly someone did. This is what irritates me.

Half the stuff you guys talk about pertaining to the lore is on Skype, which as I have another group I want to talk to/cannot be on Skype....
Actually, Rag just sorta mentioned out of nowhere towards the end of the plot.
And most of the time, we just plot things on Skype, rather than discuss lore :P
And yet Ashley ended up gaining a revival trait, the antimagic barrier suddenly decreased in effectiveness dramatically and binding became considered to be a curse.

Very well, in case it ever comes under dispute I will declare this thus If all the requirements for a Wall Street contract are met, it becomes binding until the specified duration. It can not be disabled, negated or otherwise circumvented in any way, shape or form short of a direct act of true omnipotence or Fate dissolution. This applies regardless of what realm the entities signing it are associated with.
In addition,
Anything that enters Fate ends. No concepts are recognized within it, including omnipotence, omnipresence and immortality. Complete denial of existence will occur to even Shy'm Caes or Void if they for whatever reason decide to enter. Removed entities can never be revived or otherwise replicated. They will be remembered, but all specific details forgotten.
Finally, to prevent abuse
"It is virtually impossible to enter Fate. If a mechanism for doing so is used, its creator will be sent through first."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: February 07, 2014, 03:55:02 pm »

well, technicaly ICARUS has to stay around Kyle because programms, and Hainuwele, well...laser cannons...and x-com style holo-globe...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: February 07, 2014, 03:58:09 pm »

Clearly someone did. This is what irritates me.

Half the stuff you guys talk about pertaining to the lore is on Skype, which as I have another group I want to talk to/cannot be on Skype....
Actually, Rag just sorta mentioned out of nowhere towards the end of the plot.
And most of the time, we just plot things on Skype, rather than discuss lore :P
And yet Ashley ended up gaining a revival trait, the antimagic barrier suddenly decreased in effectiveness dramatically and binding became considered to be a curse.

-snip-
Well, the last two things were never discussed over Skype.
And as for Ashley getting the revival trait, that was mentioned in character sever hundred pages ago when Void was teach Ashley about Voidwalkers. And it's less that she just strait up can't die, but more that she can only die if she wills herself to die.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: February 07, 2014, 04:00:28 pm »

Next time some sort of trait pops up, PM @Elf immediately, I doubt any GM would be to happy about a main PC gaining that.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: February 07, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »

Next time some sort of trait pops up, PM @Elf immediately, I doubt any GM would be to happy about a main PC gaining that.
Blame Rag for adding a race trait that I wasn't aware of and assumed that Elf read since it was at a time that he was online.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: February 07, 2014, 04:03:57 pm »

May  please suggest this as a new rule to prevent such issues from occurring in future? Any addition to traits, abilities or lore must be PM'd to @Elf and approved prior to their use, failure to do so gives @Elf, as the GM, the right to entirely negate or retcon their effects and/or implications.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: February 07, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »

I completely agree. Just a slight misunderstanding that is now dealt with.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: February 07, 2014, 04:07:26 pm »

Removed entities can never be revived or otherwise replicated. They will be remembered, but all specific details forgotten.
Challenge accepted.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1030