Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013129 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6210 on: February 07, 2014, 10:44:13 am »

with all the angels around, I assumed the whole lucifer fell off grace and thus became the great tempter to evil thing might be canon here, oh well

anyway, Asariel is a *fallen* angel. Dumah left the stage, but unless the rules suddenly are meaningless, Asariel can not retreat to heaven

@Rag: except Asariel *did kill Ashley*. She's not simply *not with us*, she is very clearly against us.

When someone keeps begging their superior to please please let her kill those juicy mortals, I dare say she was hardly neutral, or diplomatic, or anything. Killing us didn't even serve a purpose, as it was Caes they were after. it was sheer murder to kill some boredom
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:46:46 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: February 07, 2014, 10:48:48 am »

note how Dumah understood that. Dumah only aimed at the house, to give off a warning shot. Dumah could have just shot at us instead, but chose to just intimidate us instead. not very nice, but diplomatic
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: February 07, 2014, 10:49:36 am »

with all the angels around, I assumed the whole lucifer fell off grace and thus became the great tempter to evil thing might be canon here, oh well
I'm not sure if the existence of Lucifer is canon or not.

anyway, Asariel is a *fallen* angel. Dumah left the stage, but unless the rules suddenly are meaningless, Asariel can not retreat to heaven
Reinstatement into the Choir (which presumably means she gets to return to Heaven) was one of the terms of her agreement to help.

When someone keeps begging their superior to please please let her kill those juicy mortals, I dare say she was hardly neutral, or diplomatic, or anything. Killing us didn't even serve a purpose, as it was Caes they were after. it was sheer murder to kill some boredom
Quite so. The angel was a clear enemy. Her host? Less so.

note how Dumah understood that. Dumah only aimed at the house, to give off a warning shot. Dumah could have just shot at us instead, but chose to just intimidate us instead. not very nice, but diplomatic
More diplomatic than just killing us all, I guess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: February 07, 2014, 10:54:16 am »

Lucifer is canon, and he did lead the Rebellion, though he's only a very important prisoner in hell rather than its king, as long as you're ok with it, Gold.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: February 07, 2014, 10:57:22 am »

intimidation is part of diplomacy, standard even.

anyway, for several rounds of combat, including the one where ashley was killed, the host was in controle, as much was stated. the host admitted that she was fully enjoying what she was doing.

she was not some helpless puppet that was simply possessed and used against her will, she never once hesitated or believed what she was doing was wrong - and is not even doubting it now. she freely admits that it was all great fun, without a care in the world, or even a hint of a faked apology

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: February 07, 2014, 11:00:06 am »

Lucifer is canon, and he did lead the Rebellion, though he's only a very important prisoner in hell rather than its king, as long as you're ok with it, Gold.
No problem.

intimidation is part of diplomacy, standard even.
A bit of an outdated model of thinking, there. Intimidation gets people to work with you as long as you are in a position of power and no longer. It gets them to do what you threaten to harm them if left undone and nothing more.

anyway, for several rounds of combat, including the one where ashley was killed, the host was in controle, as much was stated. the host admitted that she was fully enjoying what she was doing.
she was not some helpless puppet that was simply possessed and used against her will, she never once hesitated or believed what she was doing was wrong - and is not even doubting it now. she freely admits that it was all great fun, without a care in the world, or even a hint of a faked apology
I'm a bit fuzzy on the line between angel and host, to be frank. One of the great many confusions of that plot.
And frankly, I wouldn't be against evicting the host just to clear away all traces of the plot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: February 07, 2014, 11:00:50 am »

Major demon lord in hell. I already talked with Gold on it.

And Elf for control of him.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:26 am »

Actually, Seles isn't too much of a threat. The people that might hire her are, but she's as likely to work with heroes as villains.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: February 07, 2014, 11:07:28 am »

Major demon lord in hell. I already talked with Gold on it.
Oh, right.

Anyways, judging by the strawpoll, a majority of people (barely) want to retcon at least some part of the previous plot. Would the two people who voted for a middling option please share what they had in mind?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: February 07, 2014, 11:11:44 am »

We forget about the shitty fight since that was the main problem.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: February 07, 2014, 11:13:20 am »

yeah...because our group will totaly not fight many sorts of various evil entities and organisations in the long list of upcoming plots that would utterly rejoice when they learn that there is a traitor-for-hire right among us. Trying to out-pay any enemies that might try to hire her is like holding a granade with a pulled pin. the moment your grip on her even slips for a second, you are fucked

also, why would we retcon any of what happened? it did lead to character development, it's leading into a somewhat fresh start (castle that is outfitted to cater to all our needs and whims, from swimming pool, to large server room, to one of these x-com style global holograms in a situation room, and even heavy magical/technological artillery to defend our place > suburban house with not nearly enough bathrooms for all of us to get ready in the morning in time)

all that needs to be changed is a proper ruleset for when the next battle rolls along. until my turn to GM comes up, I'll leave that in the hands of the current GM

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: February 07, 2014, 11:15:16 am »

all that needs to be changed is a proper ruleset for when the next battle rolls along. until my turn to GM comes up, I'll leave that in the hands of the current GM

I'm open to ideas if you have any.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: February 07, 2014, 11:16:34 am »

go back through the thread a bit, I had a long post about fixes to dex, and utilization for str and end somewhere backthere, which went mostly ignored because of Twi throwing up all over rag

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: February 07, 2014, 11:24:05 am »

... How close was it?

Also I agree with akroma on the retcon, so if one vote would have made a difference, consider mine to be to keep it.

Also, professionalism is a thing. Bailing on a mission midway through because you're offered more is bad for business.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: February 07, 2014, 11:25:56 am »

it's a bit back, you'll find it more quickly if you search through my posts more directly, possibly using the search term *combination* or *combo*, possibly with *crit* or *critical*
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1030