Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013983 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #8145 on: February 23, 2014, 11:09:44 am »

Still applies.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: February 23, 2014, 11:11:10 am »

I am not sure Save or Die should be something anyone should have. For us, it makes fights too easy, and hey, equal opportunity, enemies would logicaly have access to similar things, or not?

edit: not to mention, as is clearly seen, they are super unsatisfying for everyone else.

editedit: also please consider penalties for dodging multiple attacks. that dragon was huge, the 42 dex was already barely making sense
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:15:33 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: February 23, 2014, 12:31:38 pm »

It shouldn't have had such a high DC, I think @GWG used its D100 DC without halving it. It shouldn't actually be very likely to happen at such high HP.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: February 23, 2014, 12:33:50 pm »

I don't think this should be a problem in the first place as it is still over powered no matter how lucky/unlucky one has to be for it to work.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: February 23, 2014, 12:49:38 pm »

Yeah, that formula was a rather imperfect stopgap measure to replace @Elf's rather high DC. I'm working on an exponential formula now so that unless the enemy had shit MND, it won't even be possible.

How about 1.05^(100 - percentage of HP remaining) rounded down?
At 50% health, the DC would be 1.0650 which would be 11 and most enemies would probably have enough MND so that they can't possibly fail.
At 20% health, the DC would be 1.0620 which would be 49 with the enemy's MND mitigating some of it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: February 23, 2014, 01:17:23 pm »

how about simply not using OHKO attacks?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: February 23, 2014, 01:19:11 pm »

It shouldn't actually be a OHKO seeing as they can continually resist possession.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: February 23, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »

yeah, well in this case the dragon faced execution, so meh

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: February 23, 2014, 01:22:20 pm »

In this case the dragon shouldn't have even been affected. The DC should have been halved as this was D50 not D100.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: February 23, 2014, 01:24:17 pm »

yeah well GWG fucked up. Good, now that itt has happened to him, he will, by common decency, be unable to complain in the future when other GMs make mistakes

He said there's still a lot more to go, so I guess next time he will not make the same mistake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: February 23, 2014, 01:25:46 pm »

I wonder whether the next one will still be in Stanford or would it harass Richard instead.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: February 23, 2014, 01:27:38 pm »

well, GWG ignored ICARUS attempt of picking up the dragons trail via footprints and/or chemicals left behind, and then was offline when I tried to questin it, meanwhile corebus proceeded to kill it, so yeah, all we can do now is wait

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: February 23, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

...Um, so what do we do with corpse?
Edit: Nevermind.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: February 23, 2014, 01:42:25 pm »

Right, I may as well clarify:
-Possession may be resisted each turn. If the roll is failed, Annie and Wheatley retain control.
-When Cyrielle noted that a success would end the battle she meant it in reference the fact that the dragon would have plummeted into the pavement next to two dragonslayers.
-It's primary purpose is to remotely hack into computer systems by giving Annie and Wheatley control of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: February 23, 2014, 02:00:58 pm »

I am not sure Save or Die should be something anyone should have. For us, it makes fights too easy, and hey, equal opportunity, enemies would logicaly have access to similar things, or not?
edit: not to mention, as is clearly seen, they are super unsatisfying for everyone else.
editedit: also please consider penalties for dodging multiple attacks. that dragon was huge, the 42 dex was already barely making sense
I was applying the penalties. -3 per attack too small?
And yeah.

yeah well GWG fucked up. Good, now that itt has happened to him, he will, by common decency, be unable to complain in the future when other GMs make mistakes
I made ONE mistake. Specifically, going by the real GM's ruling on the DC of a one-hit-"kill" attack I barely understood. Hardly a major mistake.

He said there's still a lot more to go, so I guess next time he will not make the same mistake
Indeed.
Although by this point I'm winging it. (Thankfully, I had planned to wing it only a step or two after this one, so no harm no foul.)

well, GWG ignored ICARUS attempt of picking up the dragons trail via footprints and/or chemicals left behind...
Less "ignored," more "didn't notice". Did you roll for it? I don't really care what system, to be honest.

...Um, so what do we do with corpse?
Important question.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 1030