Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013595 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5610 on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

yeah, except a DC of 60 will not *really* hinder anyone, really
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: February 04, 2014, 10:44:35 am »

a) the fight will still be going when will arrives, and will being there may prove useful, out of sheer numbers and figuring stuffs out
More useful than being able to use the katana now? Especially since he has exactly zero combat ability aside from that and would only get in the way?

I am thinking b), because clearly, these guys are final boss tier enemies, so this is just a pre-lost battle to intimidate us, and by getting revenge gives us a motivation to find these angels and destroy them.

whoops, I accidentaly all the meta
And all the meta from the wrong games. RotMG "plots" are often much shorter than you would expect. See: Grandiose.

And on that note, didn't someone say Grandiose's paintings were still vulnerable to damage? The angel won't be coming out if we incinerate the painting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: February 04, 2014, 10:47:19 am »

Unless someone has distotions and didn't tell anyone it can't be harmed.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: February 04, 2014, 10:49:10 am »

dex 18 is not zero combat ability. nobody is currently using the katana, and while I am not entirely sure how this gauntled-stuff works, it was implied with huge a mind stat, it would be absolutely devastating against the angels

as for the painting being damaged, there was something about that the attack needs to have the opposite affinity or something. I don't have a clue about affinities, but I think damaging the angel inside the painting may be more difficult than just throwing criminals :P
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: February 04, 2014, 10:56:23 am »

Well, normally it would need to be the same or opposite affinity, but its the host, not the angel, in the picture.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: February 04, 2014, 10:56:33 am »

dex 18 is not zero combat ability. nobody is currently using the katana, and while I am not entirely sure how this gauntled-stuff works, it was implied with huge a mind stat, it would be absolutely devastating against the angels
The katana method suggested was a one-shot deal (and normal attacking would fall prey to Will's minimal Strength and nonexistent relevant skills), the gauntlet is effectively such, and Will doesn't even have a little pistol.
Face it, Will was not built for combat. Maybe sniping, which he did to great effect back in the crossover, but again no gun.

as for the painting being damaged, there was something about that the attack needs to have the opposite affinity or something. I don't have a clue about affinities, but I think damaging the angel inside the painting may be more difficult than just throwing criminals :P
It was mentioned that cutting up the painting would cut up the person inside when he came out. I'd say there's a certain 1:1 affinity there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: February 04, 2014, 10:58:36 am »

lets first wait how the turn looks when Rag actually retcons all the stuff he missed due to grand only having dex 5.

I am sure I'll have to change Hainuweles action depending on the outcome

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: February 04, 2014, 11:01:23 am »

Also does Willl want to respond to Kyle?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: February 04, 2014, 11:04:02 am »

The Katana's power runs on Mag stat, which Will has 0 as.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: February 04, 2014, 11:05:56 am »

why was it suggested then that Hainuwele should use it? she has only mag5 (man, should have taken mag 0 for maximum minmaxing)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: February 04, 2014, 12:15:37 pm »

derp herp.

Anyway, I was going to factor in Yomiko's probability manipulation to Marie's noteside CHARG counter.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: February 04, 2014, 12:33:45 pm »

HEY WOLFCHILD
STAT UP STELLA THIS INSTANT

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: February 04, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »

so proper turn when?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: February 04, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »

Work again today.

So 2-3 AM. again.

Same tomorrow.

If this shit is still going on thursday, there will be MANY TURNS.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: February 04, 2014, 12:51:44 pm »

Work again today.

So 2-3 AM. again.

Same tomorrow.

If this shit is still going on thursday, there will be MANY TURNS.

Yay. Guess we'll be waiting around for a while longer then.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1030