Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013909 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5460 on: February 03, 2014, 12:49:37 pm »

Continuing Akroma's metaphor, it's like the rogue sneak attacking the vampire with her poisoned dagger instead of going for one of the dominated fighters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:24 pm »

I'm just saying that Hainwules only method of fighting, due to sheer inability of just bruteforcing enemies down by damage output, is by inflicting status effects of various kinds.

That's her superpower. That's why there is Mana involved. The entire meridian thing is the fluff explanation, but if it's going to be held constantly against me because lol, chinese traditional medicine only works on grunt enemies, but 90% of all enemies are immune because lol, then I find it unfair. The accupressure is clearly supernatural in origin. Half of the players don't really bother explaining through fluff how the stuff they do work, and Hainuwele gets denied using her superpower because I bothered with a somewhat interesting, fluff-explanation, rather than just putting "Curse magics" in the superpower field and just willing them to happen?. Come on. 90% of all enemies being immune to Hainuwele is simply neither fair nor fun.

Oh boy, you're going to love my plot then...

>_< i'm not saying it won't work.

You can't acupuncture a tank.

But Selesnarna is totally able to be acupunctured, other than that you're targetting the wrong one.

Wait, does this meant that the crazy possessed girl is standing around and chilling or something?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: February 03, 2014, 12:52:04 pm »

Except that the effect she specified was specific. She didn't try to lock down Seles' muscles, or cause sluggish response in the nerves, she blocked signals from the angel.

Because the angel is pretty much chilling and eating popcorn at the moment while reminding Seles not to murder everyone too hard, this will do all of jack and shit.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: February 03, 2014, 12:55:54 pm »

Then be so kind and retcon my action to the target that is at hand.

a) I mean, how was I supposed to know that Selesarna (assuming that is the human vessel?) already had endboss-tier stats on her own, without the angel in question being responsible for that

and

b) that appearantly, angel and vessel can act independantly of eachother with no problem. what's the point of the vessel then?

you might think it was perfectly clear, but your posts were very long, and the actual situation entirely unclear. There was confusion, and basicaly, I still have the feeling that basicaly everything apart from the appearantly unimportant vessels are simply immune to my superpower.
had I known the actual situation beforehand, my actions would have been clearer. For starters, what I have written was a fluff explanation. The actual action is the bold text.
That is, the thing with the three actions and gigantic damage output right at the beginning of the round is the target of using my status-inducing power for a debuff. I wrote Asariel rather then Selesarna because I thought they were acting in unison. The intent of the attack is stated in bold.

If I keep getting punished for trying to post more interesting stuff than "blast it with fire", then I will in future refrain from any RP, and just post "induce status X on target Y", because that's what my power is when you take the fluff away
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:00:18 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: February 03, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

Then be so kind and retcon my action to the target that is at hand.

a) I mean, how was I supposed to know that Selesarna (assuming that is the human vessel?) already had endboss-tier stats on her own, without the angel in question being responsible for that

and

b) that appearantly, angel and vessel can act independantly of eachother with no problem. what's the point of the vessel then?

you might think it was perfectly clear, but your posts were very long, and the actual situation entirely unclear. There was confusion, and basicaly, I still have the feeling that basicaly everything apart from the appearantly unimportant vessels are simply immune to my superpower.
had I known the actual situation beforehand, my actions would have been clearer. For starters, what I have written was a fluff explanation. The actual action is the bold text.
That is, the thing with the three actions and gigantic damage output right at the beginning of the round is the target of using my status-inducing power for a debuff. I wrote Asariel rather then Selesarna because I thought they were acting in unison. The intent of the attack is stated in bold.

If I keep getting punished for trying to post more interesting stuff than "blast it with fire", then I will in future refrain from any RP, and just post "induce status X on target Y", because that's what my power is when you take the fluff away

>_> I'm not punishing you for using fluff.

I'm punishing you for using Incorrect fluff.

Even if you'd still used Asariel's name, you'd still be hitting the same body, but the reason I said it wouldn't do much is because you specifically said that you were targetting a spot that would disrupt communications between the two.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: February 03, 2014, 01:14:39 pm »

Hey, I'd be a lot more interesting if I wasn't A. so often joining combats late and B. giving my characters magic with so little ability to vary. I mean, I've done fancy stuff from tie to time, but frankly all of Nuriel's variations have just been pinning adjectives and adverbs onto "blast with fire".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:59 pm »

Hey, I'd be a lot more interesting if I wasn't A. so often joining combats late and B. giving my characters magic with so little ability to vary. I mean, I've done fancy stuff from tie to time, but frankly all of Nuriel's variations have just been pinning adjectives and adverbs onto "blast with fire".

To be fair, Nuriel could probably do some cool things here with her magic.

Unfortunately she's dumb as bricks and wouldn't figure it out if it kicked her in the face.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: February 03, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »

I'm open to suggestions.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: February 03, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »

I'm open to suggestions.

Blast the asphault below one of Dumah's legs, melting it, thus causing its balance to be upset and likely throwing the aim off of its gigantic fucking save-or-die cannon?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: February 03, 2014, 01:22:52 pm »

why not aim to burn specific body parts? If the fire is just kinda going everywhere, it's not doing much, if you concentrate the intensity of the flame into a narrow flame...laser? and went for, say, the eyes, it already does a lot more than just damage. the damage stays the same, but it also does stuff

or aim for a fir hydrant, to blast the enemy with scalding hot steam like standing in a geysir, or maybe similar to what rag suggests, melt asphalt, let the enemies feet sink in it, and then have another players (are there any water or ice powers?) freeze the damn thing to trap the enemy?

edit: or surround the enemy with a fire-wall to block their movement without actually hurting them (possibly in preparation of a very slow, but very devastating blast the next round)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:24:40 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: February 03, 2014, 01:24:37 pm »

Oh, also, dat 3 dex. *winces* turn updated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: February 03, 2014, 01:30:54 pm »

why not aim to burn specific body parts? If the fire is just kinda going everywhere, it's not doing much, if you concentrate the intensity of the flame into a narrow flame...laser? and went for, say, the eyes, it already does a lot more than just damage. the damage stays the same, but it also does stuff
Fire =/= Laser

or aim for a fir hydrant, to blast the enemy with scalding hot steam like standing in a geysir, or maybe similar to what rag suggests, melt asphalt, let the enemies feet sink in it, and then have another players (are there any water or ice powers?) freeze the damn thing to trap the enemy?
Fire hydrants are important. And also not made of wood. She summons flames, not machine guns.

edit: or surround the enemy with a fire-wall to block their movement without actually hurting them (possibly in preparation of a very slow, but very devastating blast the next round)
Um, the mere proximity of fire hurts people. Convection is a thing.
But good idea.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: February 03, 2014, 01:32:35 pm »

I am aware that fire =/= laser, I meant similarly to a laser, you should *concentrate* your fire as a precision weapon, rather than just blasting the whole thing. A deep, intensive burn on a crucial place may do more than just burning the entire area

also, turn updated?

I don't see a turn post

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: February 03, 2014, 01:34:41 pm »

I am aware that fire =/= laser, I meant similarly to a laser, you should *concentrate* your fire as a precision weapon, rather than just blasting the whole thing. A deep, intensive burn on a crucial place may do more than just burning the entire area

also, turn updated?

I don't see a turn post

The last one, I forgot Neferis. Hence, dat 3 dex. Rolled a 9 TWICE.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

Ah, right, Nef did a thing. It's easy to forget that she is actually a real character with real stats, rather than just the gag that came when Will flirted with a wall

edit: wait what? Why did Selesarna get an additional action to stab Nef with?
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1030