Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010467 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #2715 on: January 15, 2014, 08:04:08 am »

hah, I was gone for about 12 hours, and 12 pages were posted while I was gone.

Story of my life.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:32 am »

dear god, all those time paradoxes, it's as if you had taken a photoalbum and pasted cuts of your face all over it. Well over 300 posts have been made, many of them almost a whole day ago by now. In that time, the conversation has gone through about 20 different topics. Isn't it enough to say that a character of a player who was away simply went off to do different things, and then hop in back into the thing by adressing just the latest topic?

I'll just imagine that will occasionaly snaps out of a coma like trance, his mouth moving so fast that he delivers several hours of conversations within split seconds, like a bursting balloon, until he finaly slows down to an illegible tempo, as his mind finaly catches up with the flow of time
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 15, 2014, 10:44:51 am »

Its more that we add in the reactions of people to add to make it appear as if their still there. You don't really have to react to the reactions, we just like making it feel as if our characters are still there.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 15, 2014, 10:48:46 am »

I now have the strange mental image of Anima dressed up like a kingpin calling up her 'associates' via mobile phone and having them address her as "boss" rather than "mistress".
The Godmother.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 15, 2014, 10:52:29 am »

Oh, right. Now that Elf's here, I have to ask: Would it be possible to timeskip to the interview?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 15, 2014, 10:54:05 am »

The interview should be coming up in about half an hour ingame anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 15, 2014, 10:55:19 am »

Excellent. *rubs hands evilly*

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:39 am »

Screw it, timeskip.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:55 am »

And Twi will be sad because Marie was going to seduce Maria and Selina.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:37 am »

not "are" still there, "were" there.

the conversation has long ended, and everyone at the scene had gone off to do stuff elsewhere for hours on end.

sure, I don't have to react to any of this, but I'm getting paragraphs that are getting more aggressive each and every line, giving 20 reactions to what I have said and done all at once. If those comments had come in in a chronological order, with me there to react to them as they appear, the entire conversation would have gone an entirely different route. Now, I can't just jump in here back into the middle, because time paradoxes, nor does it make much sense that Will just stands there and keeps talking to me like that without me giving an immediate reaction.

it basicaly created two different timelines, two different versions of the scene, scene A, where Will was entirely silent, and scene B, where Will said all that he has said in the paradox post. However, scene B is more or less sliced in half, it's Will giving tons of reactions to things that were going on, while the entire other side, that is things reacting to Will, never even got a chance to happen. It's awkward, if not mostly impossible to somehow create a chimeric version of that scene. If someone asked me to explain what happened in that scene, there is just no actual complete version C, just A, and 1/2 of B.

it's impossible to get any character dynamic going like this, because in A, Will and Hainuwele never spoke a word to eachother, or even acknowledged eachothers presence, heck, I am not sure they even met. Meanwhile in B, Will kept taking offense in Hainuweles existance not being properly explained, and gets more and more agitated at the lack of explanation, to the point where he becomes insulting and appearantly has gained a severe dislike...meanwhile Hainuwele however only exists in timeline A, and never perceived anything of B happening at all.

so yeah, what to make of it? Timeline B seems more like a theorethical "what would have been said, if I had been there", than actual presence, and is very hard to react to, because as a whole, it's a time paradox
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 15, 2014, 11:05:06 am »

Twi is working, so eh on the sads. Marie will get to it later, she wouldn't have had time anyways.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 15, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

oh dayum, is that actual plot happening?

damn, and I dont even have the feintest clue of what is actually happening to attempt to jump into that, in fear imposing myself would make a joke of what might be a serious scene.

oh well, I guess there might be a chance to finaly get a grasp of what the hell once the interview is over, and I can ask "so, where have you guys been?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 15, 2014, 11:09:08 am »

oh dayum, is that actual plot happening?

You must be new here. Maybe? Bugger if I know anything.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 15, 2014, 11:11:17 am »

All I know is a giant Kaiju is apparently attacking halfway through. Unless GWG nerfed it from the source he used it from.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 15, 2014, 11:11:51 am »

All I know is a giant Kaiju is apparently attacking halfway through. Unless GWG nerfed it from the source he used it from.

Seriously?
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1030