Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012448 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15210 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:33 am »

I meant for the flying castle.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: June 04, 2014, 10:15:29 am »

well, probably not *immediatly* after the reboot. Also, some specifications might be good
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: June 04, 2014, 10:18:59 am »

Well, it's mostly the same, it just flies and is a bit messed up looking. The turrets broke and the antimagic field is down.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:16 am »

Will...I dunno.
Angel/Nuriel even less so.

Let's get started on fixing HILDA.

Spoiler: HILDA's Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HILDA Summary (click to show/hide)
Alright. If Nomad's fine with this (and the lore checks out), I think we're probably good.

Next, I'll handle "little" things like transferring the FP/HP to the Unnamed System's hitpoints and manapoints. Also armor.
Spoiler: Definitions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hit Points (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FP/Mana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat Calculations (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: June 04, 2014, 10:46:36 am »

we don't aim to entirely convert gurps to the current system perks and flaws will absolutely do.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: June 04, 2014, 10:46:46 am »

Quadruple damage? If she took that much damage from pure creation magic alone, I wouldn't think she'd even be able to exist in creation.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: June 04, 2014, 10:49:29 am »

that is, anti-void magic. I think she adapted to creation well enough that just being in creation does not destroy her - at least not instantly.

but remember that her substance is slowly degrading, as it can't eternaly exist inside of creation. Which more or less is an equivalent to aging, really. So not, she can't exist in creation forever, and unless she does some deals with the void, will eventually age and die. Which in itself, barely counts as a disadvantage. "not immortal".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15217 on: June 04, 2014, 11:05:06 am »

we don't aim to entirely convert gurps to the current system perks and flaws will absolutely do.
Some of those refer to HP/damage or cost FP, which needs to be converted to mana if it's going to be used in combat. (If nothing else, it lets us figure out how much of the effect is going to be applied to what "spell level".)

Quadruple damage? If she took that much damage from pure creation magic alone, I wouldn't think she'd even be able to exist in creation.
That's specifically pure Creation magic that is intended to damage. Normally-damaging magic from a Creation source wouldn't be multiplied, nor would a healing Creation spell.

Which in itself, barely counts as a disadvantage. "not immortal".
It's treated as the norm. "Unaging" is an advantage. "Ages faster" is a disadvantage (as is "dies quickly upon reaching "old age" rather than dying slowly"). Granted, the latter is a disadvantage specifically stated to not be good for short-term campaigns...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: June 04, 2014, 11:07:38 am »

That's okay.
But the explosion one..?

Spoiler: Bartimaeus (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: June 04, 2014, 11:14:34 am »

Which explosion one?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:06 am »

I point out, it is incredibly unlikely that Hilda will take that much damage in a single attack. When facing an enemy that can two-shot Hilda, you have more pressing concerns than possible risk of explosion

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: June 04, 2014, 12:08:49 pm »

Oh god please someone hold unto my wallet before I do something I may regret...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: June 04, 2014, 12:09:50 pm »

do it

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: June 04, 2014, 12:17:43 pm »

funfact, this is the first figma that happens to be more poseable than the charming drossel (the HYDRA body), which nope, can not cross her arms in front of her body - something I really only noticed when they mentioned it here (at least when the arms are kept straight). She also does not have that advanced hand-joints that allows turning her hands at such an angle - in fact because her hands are super filigrane and delicate, they have rather primitive joints. And of course she has no feet. The one arm pose shows clearly that the new saber also picks up on what the drossel had which was miles above other figures - double joints in elbows, and probably also knees.

also, it's pre-order is already out of stock...only 18 hours after the opening :(

oh well, I'll be happy with my drossels...probably...

:(

at least on the drossel, the joints look like actual parts of her body, not just joints, bah!

edit: oh god check out the old one.
http://www.goodsmile.info/ja/product/380/figma+%E3%82%BB%E3%82%A4%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC+%E7%94%B2%E5%86%91ver.html
they just are beyond comparison....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:19:44 pm by Akroma »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: June 04, 2014, 12:37:22 pm »

Okay, I'll be spending the next like, half hour typing up Tobias's sheet.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 1030