Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1009780 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14580 on: May 31, 2014, 03:28:06 pm »

Just a quick question: What rolls are we using to hit/inflict damage/rolling for big magic tasks etc. I'm not entirely clear on that point right now unfortunately. But otherwise everything seems pretty good to me.

For affinities, someone else should think that up, as unless Icaurs is equipped with special ammo or weaponry, her damage is just plain old physical damage.

What do you mean by affinities? Different types of damage like fire, lightning, acid etc?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: May 31, 2014, 03:34:02 pm »

It's kind of a major thing to the FE thing Akroma wants to use. It deals with with a good bit of things.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: May 31, 2014, 03:34:51 pm »

yes for the affinites. we may or may not implement them. if we find no proper system, no need to implement such a thing, I think as we are, the system seems solid enough.

anyway, for big magical tasks, you first need a roll to see if you can even pull it off. For that you need to roll either a 6 on mag, or a 3 but at a minor drawback

then, if it is just something that requires aiming, there is still a skill vs speed roll to see if whatever you are blasting at might manage to dodge - the fiery explosion happens even if dodged, might hit something else or whatever. if your magic is something that can't be dodged, well, no further rolls needed I guess. Can't really dodge, dunno, gravity being reversed. There may be an additional mag vs resistance roll if it is something that can not be dodged, but resisted, like mind controle
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: May 31, 2014, 03:43:27 pm »

more importantly, name idea for the more humanoid body P.I.X.E.L. Plastic Interactive Xenodochial Eletronic Lady
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: May 31, 2014, 03:47:13 pm »

I meant what kind of dice are we rolling. d10s, d6s, d(stat)?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: May 31, 2014, 03:48:16 pm »

d(stat)

so the higher your mag, the more likely you are able to succesfully pull of bigger, more advanced magics

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: May 31, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

So to hit is skill vs. speed, right? What about damage?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: May 31, 2014, 03:54:49 pm »

strength vs defence or mag vs resistance

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: May 31, 2014, 03:55:16 pm »

Won't that result in a lot of no damage attacks, or am I missing something here?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: May 31, 2014, 03:55:37 pm »

Indeed.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: May 31, 2014, 03:57:40 pm »

well, your suggestion then?

edit, possibly fixed damage increases depending on what kinda weapon you have, so only very very high defences can actually block all damage? (I think that's how FE does it)
As for magic, non-negliable attacks deals mag*2 damage etc, so magic does not have that problem
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:00:03 pm by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:46 pm »

d50 plus stat. I'd say d20 but that's to little.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: May 31, 2014, 04:01:28 pm »

d20 would at least fit into the suggested stat-range. Either dice would need a health-revision

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: May 31, 2014, 04:03:44 pm »

Why did the health and mana system need revised? If I remember right it was just fine without revision and this only make a problem come back. We use d50 and keep the health system from before and boom no problem on that front.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: May 31, 2014, 04:07:17 pm »

I dunno, as we were technicaly hoping to power the PCs down a bit to a more managable level. But I suppose since Kyle *is* going into hiding, building some sort of flying base of operations may be feasible.
We...need to define "hiding".

as far as the hacking goes, this is a game of superpowers...
Call magic magic, and call hacking hacking. If it's magic, it isn't hacking.

Also hey, if this plays about 5 years in the future, there's probably a whole lot more computering going on as it is today.
Absence of computers isn't the problem. The problem is access. You can't hack a computer that doesn't even have any connections to computers outside its own motherboard. And for most of these things, connecting to outside sources gives no benefit; it's less like a backdoor and more like the people designing the computers knocking down a wall.

f people can hack in that way, then what's to prevent an antagonist form just hacking into ICARUS and deleting everything she has?
I like the way you think.

If it ends up being you who takes over, I wish you much luck sorting through the bullshit we filled the game with. :P
Ditto.
It was Hercules's thirteenth labor. He died before he could complete it. Granted, that's mostly because he had to wait a few milennia before he could start, but still.

not all that much bullshit. For the foreseeable future, plots will be handled by Projeck and Me for the most part. All that the GM really does is look through and approve things ((I guess before the reboot, everyone would have to fill a new, more detailed character sheet explaining stuff)), settle arguements and answer questions regarding the setting when they are not answerable by the plot-GMs
Isn't the absence of any strong central authority part of what got us here? We don't want to replace one rope of sand with a slightly more active one.

well, I'd say that mag should be used to roll magical attacks, not dex. Endurance should give you less health, while strength factors a bit more into health.

anyway, looked over gurps, and gurps seems to entirely lack any magic related stats. Meh. For a game with magic in the title, that is a bad start
So?
Magic has no single stat because there is no single "magic". IQ is used for (mechanically1) wizards, along with FP, magery level, possibly some kind of spell talent2, how many points you sink into various spells, and any other related advantages. Psions (of the mechanical variety1) have the level of their Psi Talent and how many psionic abilities they buy. Stuff like that. If you want to be better at magic, put more points in magic-related stuff.

1: I mean in the mechanics of the game. The rules for psions work as well for sorcerers, for instance.
2: By rules-as-written, the legality of having the Talent apply to spells or subsets thereof is questionable, but between simple houserules and the fact that Magery provides the same boost to magic skills this isn't a problem.

Okay,  something that has been bothering me...

WHO THE HELL HASN'T BEEN USING MIND TO RESIST MAGIC AND AIM MAGIC CAUSE I AM GOING TO KICK THEIR ASS. Also, mind is the stat that persona attacks use for power instead of magic, superpowers do to for some ungodly reason.
This is one of the problems that comes up when we don't have any kind of standardized system.

No. I don't want a new system. It seems like the big problem was people not actually using the stats right for some odd reason. We don't need this overly complicated system.
We get it. You hate change. Change killed your favorite grandmother. The fucked-up game is ay-oh-friggin-kay in kj's book. The fact that no one knows how it's supposed to work, or how horribly unbalanced it is, or how easy it is to accidentally make indestructible bosses or impotent characters? Apparently not problems.

You act like no one will try to minmax their stats anyways. It's a symptom of playing games where you can control your stats. It doesn't matter if the game suddenly has more focused stats.
Actually, it does.
Split the One Stat that Rules Them All into multiple stats, and you'll need to pay extra to get bonus accuracy, dodging, and thievery. Keep it together, and people who want to make sharpshooters, acrobats, or lovable rogues will end up with unbalanced characters through no fault or intention of their own, while clumsy oafs (oaves?) and mobile statues are impotent.

Fuck off.
I'm out.
Good riddance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You have superb timing.

It's kind of a major thing to the FE thing Akroma wants to use. It deals with with a good bit of things.
Oh hey, he's back.
Predictable, I guess.

Why did the health and mana system need revised? If I remember right it was just fine without revision and this only make a problem come back. We use d50 and keep the health system from before and boom no problem on that front.
We get it. You hate change. I already made this joke, but seriously.
You're being that old conservative grandpa everyone tolerates. You're being the Arch-Conservative that the Republicans try to shut up to keep him from discrediting them. You're being the one-eyed green troll who showed up at the end of that one episode of Yugioh: The Abridged Series. Literally everyone else thinks things need to change. Deal with it.

The results from my last poll are, at this point: Five votes that the system remain the same, and one each for GURPS, a GURPS hybrid, and borrowing ER's system. Judging by the thread chat, kj somehow voted five times. As for the others...well, could everyone vote? Please? And if I'm wrong about kj voting five times, could y'all speak up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1030