Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1009772 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14475 on: May 30, 2014, 04:51:18 pm »

How about this? Don't reboot or timeskip anything. That doesn't fix the issue, all it does is delay it. I suggest that the recommendations quoted by @GWG are implemented, blame all the previous OP crap on some sort of rare magic fluctuation or something that briefly strengthened magic. Ground the floaty conspiracy bullshit into realistic proportions so that they can get fucked over, ground the tech in realism and ground the magic in lore.

Thoughts that come to mind:
Anima/Personae: Just make them pop in during their use and perform that ability and pop back out. Sort of like theurgy rather than summoning.
Void: Actually use MND for teleportation! They need to target their teleport, they can't just take a straight up magic roll!
Conspiracies: Find out how they get all their resources, influence, equipment, funding and power. In realistic terms.
Technology: Base it off of proper scientific, engineering and programming principles, if you can't, use magic that can explain the issues and acknowledge that it isn't pure technology.
Cosmic/Divine/Infernal Entities: Give them a reason to not give a damn.
The Supernatural in General: WHY THE FUCK DID THEY JUST POP UP NOW? You need a reason, as Version 1 noted that people with magic weren't even needed until the Layar war. So why did every supernatural threat just wait patiently until now to attack?

Even if you kill everyone off and timeskip to a demon/void/whothefuckcares -controlled world, if you don't fix the issues then chances are, you'll inevitably end up back in this predicament.

Actually, unless he wants to stick to his entirely new game, I'd nominate Cado. He seems fair enough, but active and concerned enough to not let everything slide.
O.O But the MAAAATTTTHHHH!!! :( meh, i'll do it if no one else better shows up or offers. ...please someone better show up offer....

My story telling is not the best though.

Well, assuming we take the timeskip option that currently seems the most popular, you won't be needed to actually GM anything, Projeck and I will be taking care of that. Rather, we are talking about a plot reviewer who looks things over and tries to spot problems before they become on, keeps things in line with the lore etc.

A bit stricter than Elf, but at the same time, a bit more relaxed than Elf. No reason to go all "I am sooo close to shuting the hread down forever" when there is an arguement going on, and maybe instead trying to solve the arguement
For starters, account for the Layar. They invaded Earth for resources. They were defeated. They still need the resources though. I don't think they'll take too kindly to other entities trying to take over Earth if it removes the possibility of trade.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:54:48 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: May 30, 2014, 04:58:10 pm »

so, hows the new part holding up Sanure?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: May 30, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »

I am writing the turn. Be patient :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: May 30, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »

turn?

turn?

*fakes a gasp, drops monocle*

I was asking about the state of the problem you had, good sir. I am shocked an appaled you would insinuate I have an ulterior motive
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: May 30, 2014, 05:06:50 pm »

Actually, unless he wants to stick to his entirely new game, I'd nominate Cado. He seems fair enough, but active and concerned enough to not let everything slide.
O.O But the MAAAATTTTHHHH!!! :( meh, i'll do it if no one else better shows up or offers. ...please someone better show up offer....
Yeah don't take it then. This is far less important than your studies. If all else fails, I'll offer to run it, and by "offer to run it", I mean run it for about a day, get busy, and never check the thread again until November or so.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: May 30, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »

well, just putting it out there to the future GM
Putting what out there? "I think that boss stat balancing in a GURPS-based system would be tough but I'm not going to say why"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: May 30, 2014, 05:20:41 pm »

How about this? Don't reboot or timeskip anything. That doesn't fix the issue, all it does is delay it. I suggest that the recommendations quoted by @GWG are implemented, blame all the previous OP crap on some sort of rare magic fluctuation or something that briefly strengthened magic. Ground the floaty conspiracy bullshit into realistic proportions so that they can get fucked over, ground the tech in realism and ground the magic in lore.

Thoughts that come to mind:
Anima/Personae: Just make them pop in during their use and perform that ability and pop back out. Sort of like theurgy rather than summoning.
Void: Actually use MND for teleportation! They need to target their teleport, they can't just take a straight up magic roll!
Conspiracies: Find out how they get all their resources, influence, equipment, funding and power. In realistic terms.
Technology: Base it off of proper scientific, engineering and programming principles, if you can't, use magic that can explain the issues and acknowledge that it isn't pure technology.
Cosmic/Divine/Infernal Entities: Give them a reason to not give a damn.
The Supernatural in General: WHY THE FUCK DID THEY JUST POP UP NOW? You need a reason, as Version 1 noted that people with magic weren't even needed until the Layar war. So why did every supernatural threat just wait patiently until now to attack?

Even if you kill everyone off and timeskip to a demon/void/whothefuckcares -controlled world, if you don't fix the issues then chances are, you'll inevitably end up back in this predicament.

I'm still up for this being the best idea really
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: May 30, 2014, 05:26:00 pm »

the timeskip and stuff being put into a more balanced order are not mutualy exclusive. People seem interested in the timeskip, and hey, why not. Interaction between characters might have run a bit dry, and a few years of people being apart and doing their own thing might be very fertile ground to get going again.

I for one, will make ICARUS face the consequences of Riyadh. With cellphone cameras everywhere, the ICARUS project was doomed to fall into discredit, firstly because their very existance violates international weapon law, and secondly because, well, terrorism. The ICARUS-models get confiscated, and ICARUS, in a less attention drawing body lays low. Possibly alongside Alice, who would likely have no problem getting a magic license for the vetenarian stuff, or maybe without her, to make sure that she is not put in danger for hiding a rogue AI/Terrorist.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: May 30, 2014, 05:29:35 pm »

Alice probably would be with ICARUS

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: May 30, 2014, 05:38:16 pm »

I'd guess in a non-ICARUS body, ICARUS would focus more on her computer affinity, maybe pick up hacking. In the future, computers will be in everything anyway, and being an electronic entity, that should come by easily. Her return to stat-increasing combat goodness will wait until the ICARUS plot comes up, until then, robots are still faster, stronger and more durable than the average human.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: May 30, 2014, 05:41:34 pm »

In the future, computers will be in everything anyway, and being an electronic entity, that should come by easily.
Not necessarily, you don't need an entire computer in everything, electronics perhaps, but it's awfully difficult to hack something with no connections without being noticed. Plus I'd imagine that ICARUS' own code is vastly different than the code and language you'd use to say, run a MySQL server, seeing as her code was designed for making AI, not ebay. Though if she is familiar with her own code, she may be able to pick up the more general aspects of programming.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: May 30, 2014, 05:43:16 pm »

If we do do the timeskip how big is it going to be?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: May 30, 2014, 05:45:05 pm »

she is a fast learner, but hey, I am not saying she is going to go full on technomancy on things. More like some underground rebelling, mixed with small scale vigilantism. Having a backdoor into security cameras helps when you need to bash in some criminals head (it's the purpose of her existance, as if she would ever stop doing that) while also trying to not be noticed.

as for the duration, no idea, how long do you need?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: May 30, 2014, 05:46:07 pm »

I don't really mind, where Alice is though depends on how long it is so I was just wondering so I could plan ahead
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:47:41 pm by Kansa »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: May 30, 2014, 05:48:06 pm »

Hehe. Part works just fine.

Anyways, does anyone require New York in any plots future or otherwise?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1030