Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010000 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14400 on: May 30, 2014, 10:25:39 am »

I personally would prefer an entire reboot into the future, same stats, different characters entirely and changed setting.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: May 30, 2014, 10:27:52 am »

well, not all characters should be new. People should have the right to continue what they have, just fit it better into the future setting, and balance stuff more.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:29:47 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: May 30, 2014, 10:28:17 am »

Indeed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: May 30, 2014, 10:28:57 am »

well, not all characters should be new. People should have the right to continue what they have, just fit it better into the future setting, and balance stuff more.
Point made. I would suggest allowing the old PCs show up as mentors or NPCs.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: May 30, 2014, 10:30:36 am »

Add it to the bin of good ideas.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: May 30, 2014, 10:31:29 am »

@ Akroma, Well, I more like your plan than anything. It's creative and would actually work.

Also, Sealing Nobilisse will technically kill it, since its sustained by it's mana.

Also, Alice could die if Drakon isn't killed. Since Drakon has 65 STR...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14406 on: May 30, 2014, 10:31:57 am »

necromancy as in magic that summons some form of animating will into a dead body. I am counting summoning, necromancy and also golemancy in this part of magic, as it directly opposes the natural side of things, that is life and death
How about we define that corner as anything that summons some kind of spirit, be it a divine avatar to answer questions, a ghost to possess a mortal, or an abstract being to animate a vessel?

GWG, does demon code prevent demons from declining a rock off?
Depends. Are there any stronger demons who would punish them for rocking off? Does the demon in question not want to rock off?

I keep getting ninja'd. Repeatedly. How nostalgic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: May 30, 2014, 10:32:53 am »

I was making a movie reference.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: May 30, 2014, 10:35:29 am »

But yes, a changed setting would help, the unlimited resources and support we have world-wide is just ridiculous. IRIS, without any authorisation is killing and/or holding people prisoner, without a trial. At the same time, it is keeping vital technology and resource secret from the world, like the anti-magic field. Opposition would say that holding such techznology back is proof that IRIS wants to keep the monopoly on anti-magic stuff, to keep the world dependant on them. If any government could build and place such fields as they saw fit, IRIS usefulness would instantly drop to a minimum, as not only whitelisted people could do magic, and of course the government controles the list. No more magic bankrobberies, no emo teenagers magic blasting people that bully them, etc. In short, order and safety. IRIS is doing itself no favour keeping such a technology hidden.

((Also, Alice so far has been doing quite well against Drakon, and Drakon should be somewhat low health by now. 65 strength is dangerous and all, but as long as Alice is still on full health, she can handle herself. I wonder why it is attacking Alice anyway, as she is a seriously low priority target.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: May 30, 2014, 10:44:48 am »

anyway, before we can reboot, there are a few things to settle.

a) Which reboot plot is the acceptable one? How does that setting look like?

b) Since I am interested in Projecks plot, we need a way for Ashleys problem to fit into it

c) Balancing of system

d) Balancing of stats

e) Balancing of abilities, if possible fit into the magic system

f) Balancing of resources, but that hits into a)

g) Who GMs the v3. Do we stick with Elf?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: May 30, 2014, 10:47:43 am »

I am not GMing another forum game. I have reached my quota. Let Elf GM.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: May 30, 2014, 10:49:05 am »

Actually, unless he wants to stick to his entirely new game, I'd nominate Cado. He seems fair enough, but active and concerned enough to not let everything slide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: May 30, 2014, 10:49:48 am »

I've got exams coming up for this year and next year. Dunno if I want to GM the reboot anyway or if I'm going to start another different magic girl game or a Persona game.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: May 30, 2014, 10:50:41 am »

Cado is a good option.

If you have no one else, I guess I can GM. But only if you have no one else.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: May 30, 2014, 10:51:34 am »

"I have exams this year and next year"

newsflash - everyone has, except those who are old enough to have a job, who are arguably more busy than someone with exams
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1030