Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010594 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14235 on: May 29, 2014, 03:22:09 pm »

?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: May 29, 2014, 03:22:45 pm »

Pretty sure Sanure's contingency plan is for me to take over :p

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: May 29, 2014, 03:27:17 pm »

clearly Sanure must mean me. I mean, it's genius. Letting me do the turn is the *only* guarantee that I will not immediatly jump to action and post 3d6 things that Sanure fucked about the the turn:P
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: May 29, 2014, 03:28:34 pm »

Everybody fucks stuff up at times

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: May 29, 2014, 03:38:33 pm »

Yeah no. PN is my official stand in for Turns in the event that I can't post the turn for any reason. He is being sent the information as we speak as soon as I get this sent. I love how my phone allows multi tabs when using the internet on it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: May 29, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »

Ugh, I got to GM two fights now. One on here and one on monster girls.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: May 29, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »

My last post should be read in a humorous tone.

Also, That's because I find you the most trusting for doing turns.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: May 29, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

It's really the math part I hate doing. I'm trying to get my ass back on my other forum games--as we speak I'm making a turn for NED

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: May 29, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »

I don't actually think Selina's "Anything creation" power is all that OP. First off, doing anything that uses mana can cause her to become exhausted. Secondly, Kyle's tech is what his power pretty much is now. He has a personae, which prevents him from using his original power, thus making him an ordinary person. That means that Kyle's powers are his personae and any perks he gets from leveling up.
I do believe you're missing the point. The point isn't that this makes them good at fighting; the point is that they can make crap that makes various plot points irrelevant. The most prominent example is Selina's bracelets, but Kyle, Lunette, and the other major "crafters" have all made devices that have trivialized things that should take effort.
In the words of Taylor Herbert, "Fucking tinkers."

In fact, I think Will is more OP than Kyle, and Will is a normal person who happens to be a great tactician and good at swordplay and using true-word magic (granted he needs way more years of training to fully use them).
Wow. You're very very good at not understanding what makes someone OP.
What makes Will OP is not that he is good in combat, but that he trivializes the task of gathering information to some extent. He's less OP than Kyle and Selina because they trivialize more tasks, better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: May 29, 2014, 04:22:09 pm »

And you also miss the point. Kyle is great at making things. Selina is great at drawing. Will is great at being able to figure things out.

Over powered is defined by a person that is invincible to everything thrown at them while defeating everyone without breaking a sweat.

Selina is a squishy mage. Cut off Kyles arms and legs and he can't invent anything anymore. Anything Will gets thrown at him will kill him. Not OP.

Sen however, even with the absorbing a book takes all of her current mana nerf, could be called OP. She can learn any spell from a magic book, and can heal herself, or escape by teleporting, or even seal a persons power forever. Yet, Salt will screw her over as well as silver, and if you seal her powers, she is practically just a human who loves to read. Hell, Trap her in a summoning circle and she is screwed.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: May 29, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »

Bartimaeus can be considered kind of OP too. I mean, he can shapeshift his form, voice, personality, and even his magic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: May 29, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »

Overpowered is not defined so narrowly by anyone with common sense. Overpowered is defined, simply, as how much one can disrupt a game with one's power. Kal-El would be overpowered in World of Warcraft, but not Phoenix Wright. Similarly, while Millenium Pegasus would probably be overpowered in Phoenix Wright, he wouldn't be a problem in World of Warcraft.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: May 29, 2014, 04:27:51 pm »

While I'm not sure they are op or not that really isn't the best case that they aren't Sanure. Yes Selina is squishy but she never actually has to go into combat and can still be op in creating stuff because of that. If Kyle got his arms and legs cut off he could just get prosthetics and continue to invent stuff. Will once again never has to actually go into combat so he can make observations on the side and never get hurt.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: May 29, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »

What I'm getting at is that anyone with a strong utility power is to be considered OP.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: May 29, 2014, 04:29:47 pm »

I'm writing the turn now. Jesus christ, all of these damned stat buffs. I hate you, Sanure.
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1030