Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010601 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14085 on: May 26, 2014, 09:20:35 am »

will does not know a binding Aria strong enough to affect Luthar.

Remember, The more people that enter into a battle, the more difficult I will make it.

Also, remember that Aria's were 'meant for demons'. atleast, the ones The order knows. Osmodias were meant for everything.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14086 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:41 am »

Will has 40 mind, Luthar has 40 mind. Saying nyope, Luthar is just immune to them is kinda unfair.

btw, removal Aria removes demons of lower level than the user. what level are the demons currently in battle, what level is will?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:27:34 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14087 on: May 26, 2014, 09:24:54 am »

The jets are gone and the seraphim bomb detonated, teleporting everyone everwhere and giving people a perk
Everyone is now storming the Vatican, fighting people like Osmodias and Luthar. There is a magic key which opens the vault where I think Mana Incarnate, a girl, is, and everyone is trying to get the key.
Neat. Where is Nuriel and what perk did she get? And who's Osmodias?

So which do you want to fight GWG? Osmodias, the corrupter of souls or Luthar, summoner of demons?
Depends. Where's Will been? Wasn't he with the army?

and the moment he pulls it, there will be 8+attacks on him to prevent him from doing so. for the sake fo fairness, the drinking should be interruptable and finish at the end of the turn.
"To be fair, his action--easily the simplest of anyone in the battle--should take far longer than anyone else's!"
Sure, you can interrupt it if you're fast enough. Try readying an action.

Also, remember that Aria's were 'meant for demons'. atleast, the ones The order knows. Osmodias were meant for everything.
Okay, what are osmodias?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14088 on: May 26, 2014, 09:32:18 am »

taking out an health potion, opening it, and then drinking the whole thing, while heavily wounded and under constant enemy attack is easier than swinging a sword?

but mainly, it's a balance issue. A single action, without a roll involved, to instantly refill your entire health? On a dude with almost 800 health? Whose powers work by using his health? Frankly, if this action can not be contested, it instantly turns the entire fight around. The dude can happily summon *plenti* more demons, while his massive endurance and high dex (even higher because some of the demons can buff him even further) ensure that we can just slowly plink away at his health. frankly if he was not mass summoning stuff to bring himself low, we would not have gotten him as low as he is now at all
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:35:50 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14089 on: May 26, 2014, 09:39:34 am »

Osmodias is another name for Ashmadie, also know as Asmodius. A king of Hell and a very powerful demon.

The perk is called Destabilized Mana, which gives a 25% reduced mana cost for actions using mana, a 25% mana regen rate, and each time your mana is used, you take 1d6 damage dependent on the roll.
1 takes 10% damage of mana spent
2 takes 20%
3 takes 30%
4 takes 40%
5 takes no damage
6 takes no damage

And no. I said that his healing would take place at end of turn, so no arguing.
None.

Will has been training swordplay with Kyo. So will is also good with swords now. go figure.

Nuriel is somewhere.

Also, Arias have an upper limit level as well.

The demons are the same level as will and luthar is probably 6 or 7 levels higher than Will.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14090 on: May 26, 2014, 10:03:03 am »

taking out an health potion, opening it, and then drinking the whole thing, while heavily wounded and under constant enemy attack is easier than swinging a sword?
Only if you want to hit someone with the sword.

but mainly, it's a balance issue. A single action, without a roll involved, to instantly refill your entire health? On a dude with almost 800 health? Whose powers work by using his health? Frankly, if this action can not be contested, it instantly turns the entire fight around. The dude can happily summon *plenti* more demons, while his massive endurance and high dex (even higher because some of the demons can buff him even further) ensure that we can just slowly plink away at his health. frankly if he was not mass summoning stuff to bring himself low, we would not have gotten him as low as he is now at all
Wait, why is he summoning demons?

The perk is called Destabilized Mana, which gives a 25% reduced mana cost for actions using mana, a 25% mana regen rate, and each time your mana is used, you take 1d6 damage dependent on the roll.
1 takes 10% damage of mana spent
2 takes 20%
3 takes 30%
4 takes 40%
5 takes no damage
6 takes no damage
Can I give it back? That thing is literally worse than useless. Mana regens so fast normally that it's meaningless (assuming anyone bothers to track it), and aside from reducing the regen to a quarter of the rate, I end up taking damage every time I use magic?
What. The. Hell.

Will has been training swordplay with Kyo. So will is also good with swords now. go figure.
...Huh. Um. Kyo continued training swordplay in the middle of battle?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14091 on: May 26, 2014, 10:04:32 am »

why would Will have that perk, he was nowhere near the seraphim bomb when it exploded

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14092 on: May 26, 2014, 10:05:46 am »

Nuriel was, though. And she uses magic.
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14093 on: May 26, 2014, 10:09:51 am »

As soon as Uhco is saved, the perk will have the negative part removed.

And yes. Kyo has been training Will in swordplay the entire time. She isn't an actual combatant yet seeing as she herself is still in training to become a Paladin.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14094 on: May 26, 2014, 10:12:49 am »

Regardless, it's still useless because--again--mana has never mattered. Basically, my "perk" is a temporary, major weakness, which can eventually be removed. Again: What the hell?

Is Will an "actual combatant"?
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14095 on: May 26, 2014, 10:17:06 am »

Mana has always mattered. I do keep track of spent mana, though not in the turn. Just suck it up until it gets removed so Nuriel can be a lot stronger. Nuriel is also not the only one who got it. Stella, Hilda, Icarus (though not affected by it) and Winry all got it too.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14096 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:22 am »

I guess to be able to use an Aria, he would have to get close enough to count as a combatant. dont worry, you can just apply the anti-physical damage buff to yourself as well

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14097 on: May 26, 2014, 10:28:06 am »

Thing about Aria's as I explained at an earlier time is that unless the person is a Paladin or higher, The buffs can either only target allies or one's self and not both. The best thing to do is have someone to protect Will, Either Neferis or Stella. ((since both are great tanks))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14098 on: May 26, 2014, 10:55:00 am »

The best thing to do is have someone to protect Will, Either Neferis or Stella. ((since both are great tanks))

Another good point for the 'Strap Will to Neferis' Plan. She protects his squish bits, he directs her movements to compensate her terrible DEX. A match made in heaven, if I do say so myself.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14099 on: May 26, 2014, 10:58:32 am »

no, a match made in the thunder dome
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 1030