Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012250 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13785 on: May 18, 2014, 07:50:11 am »

So we're doing one huge burst attack so the fighters from the other squads won't have time to come in?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: May 18, 2014, 07:56:11 am »

yep, attack, *maybe* attack a second time, and teleport out.

this kind of dive-bomb attack is specificaly made to rob them of their greatest advantage, and that is sheer fire power. Their weapons do fuckloads of damage, they stun you for ages, so this ambush really helps, because at least the initial dive-bombing happens so fast, they wont have time to aim and fire at you before you already teleported away again. The jets that are closest to the bombers will just be as suprised as the bombers, most likely their first reaction is "Holy shit, why did that just explode?!" instead of "ah, I instantly understand the situation and will calmly take aim at this robot that may or may not be a fucking meteor"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: May 18, 2014, 08:20:14 am »

Well how do you suggest they do it then?
Well, it's like dancing. They can try, but they're not going to do well. People will still watch, though, because the bear plays football.

Nuriel already taking one bomber down would be great, that increases our chances to take out the bomb a lot. Though I *seriously* doubt that you will be able to do so. The damage the jets deal is just too big to just fight our way through. In fact, please secure the jet, so we can repair it at our base, and remove tracing chips and what not, so it can actually become part of my plan.
Nuriel's not going to listen to you. She might listen to ICARUS, though.

...as our blips will be overlayed with the bombers blips...
I'm not sure. Depends on the interface.

...he will then have to actually interpret and understand what this weird signal means...
Since they're being attacked by human-sized targets who recently fell off the radar, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what they are.

Your other points are valid, though.

Operation Damocles sounds pretty good overall. That first strike will be vital--they won't fall for it twice.

I think the bomber squad had 5 bombers and 5 fighters, and then there were 10 more squads with 10 fighters each, something like that
Five bomber squads with a bomber and five fighters each, plus ten more squads of ten fighters.

The jets that are closest to the bombers will just be as suprised as the bombers, most likely their first reaction is "Holy shit, why did that just explode?!" instead of "ah, I instantly understand the situation and will calmly take aim at this robot that may or may not be a fucking meteor"
It won't take long for them to understand if the fighters we fought explained why they were fighting and exploding.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:40 am »

ICARUS is not going to stop Nuriel though, Nuriel is the best judge of her own abilities. If she can take a bomber down or even just damage it and then teleport out, go for it.

as far as the figuring out goes, there's more to it than just *who*, but also the general grasp of the situation. We are starting to accelerate several kilometers above the bombers, by the time we hit them, we really spend only a split second in the jets field of view. in that split second, they'd have to aim at us. Considering out speed, that is even incredibly hard if they are forewarned. Jet fights do happen at high speeds, yes, but since both fighters are moving fast, usualy in similar directions, the relative speed is low. It's not hard to take aim at something that is flying in front of you, with you flying behind it, no matter your speed. When the target is moving horizonatly to you, it's speed however will fall into full effect.

As I said, it's an ambush, an extremely fast hit and run. They simply have no means to counter attack, which is exactly what the plan is about. we have seen well enough what happens if you subject yourself to their weapons. Their damage output *must* be avoided at all costs. Hopefully whatever units move to the bombers right after the ambush to take the remaining ones out will try something similar to ICARUS, cling to the bomber and then plant bombs. This really helps. The enemy can not open fire at you while you are clinging onto what they are supposed to protect. And if they do, make use of it and dodge, maybe teleport if need be, let their weapons hit the bomber
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: May 18, 2014, 08:51:51 am »

I shouldn't be on right now, but I can answer a few questions if need be. posting with my phone gets easier using the voice to text function.

As to the fleet. They are actually pretty fast, but the bombers lack the maneuverability of the jets.

EDIT: But it still seems to miss words that I say. So I end up typing and misspelling. Go figure.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: May 18, 2014, 08:52:33 am »

No arguments there, ICARUS, but it won't take long for them to figure out our plan. Once they do, we'll lack the element of surprise...so we need to make that first strike count.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: May 18, 2014, 08:54:57 am »

well, our first strike is guaranteed. Wether a second strike via teleporting upwards can happen really depends on how the first strike goes. Big risks lie on those that need to take out the bombers manualy. I suppose Stella too can dive in from the blind spot, during the first assault wave, but then she has to sit there and manually set a bomb or two before teleporting off. That is rather dangerous

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: May 18, 2014, 09:02:14 am »

She has dragonfire.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: May 18, 2014, 09:11:28 am »

we have seen how she fares against the jets. setting bombs and then getting the fuck out of there might be wiser. these jets are very damaging

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: May 18, 2014, 02:36:06 pm »

*waits for PN to update the turn, totaly calm, not liek most people already are out of the fight and that the last turn is not much work left or anything...*

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: May 18, 2014, 02:43:41 pm »

I think they're doing something.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: May 18, 2014, 06:13:55 pm »

Sometimes I realize that literally ninety percent of the content of this thread and the IC thread require context to be even remotely understood, and then I proceed to dick about for several weeks and wonder what the everloving hell is going on when I return from one of my periodic hiatuses.
Black lives matter.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: May 18, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »

Did you hear the conversation about the bears?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: May 18, 2014, 06:31:01 pm »

No...?
Black lives matter.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13799 on: May 18, 2014, 06:35:04 pm »

I have no idea. It was a few pages back, but they had a philosophical discussion about whether The Chicago Bears or actual bears would win in a football game.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1030