Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010279 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12660 on: April 18, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »

Could Bartimaeus see through his illusions? Can Bartimaeus shapeshift into Orichalum?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: April 18, 2014, 04:10:37 pm »

Kyle also was telling which is the real on since he can see through illusions.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: April 18, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »

also, I find something troubling - ICARUS is actually dealing *too* much damage. With my 275 remaining Mana, I can guarantee a hit, but it's actually really difficult to not knock him miley below 0....
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: April 18, 2014, 04:17:02 pm »

He does, but this isn't the right ability. :c
Not this round then :p, unless you change your action.

((Back. What happened so far? And can Bartimaeus see through his illusions and shapeshift into Orichalum?))

Bartimaeus can roll a mind roll against the strength of the illusion to see if he can see through it, I'll leave the shapeshifting part up to elf

Kyle also was telling which is the real on since he can see through illusions.
I'll have that be another bonus to the roll, not everyone will be able to tell just by him pointing and explaining in the heat of the battle.

also, I find something troubling - ICARUS is actually dealing *too* much damage. With my 275 remaining Mana, I can guarantee a hit, but it's actually really difficult to not knock him miley below 0....

Yeah you will have to judge it well
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: April 18, 2014, 04:18:28 pm »

Bartimaeus could probably teleport with Alucard behind him and stab him with Voidcrosser as the two of them overcharge the sword with anti-magic, thus dealing massive amounts of anti-magic damage + orichalum, but yeah, overkill.

I mean, Bartimaeus probably could shapeshift things like that in the void because fucked up laws of physics and all that, but might have to do a MAG check or something to do it on Earth.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: April 18, 2014, 04:18:35 pm »

Nah, I'll let my ability be for now. I'll go for it next turn.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: April 18, 2014, 04:21:49 pm »

hmm, before I start making calculations ((ICARUS is essentialy a computer designed for battle, actually calculating exactly how much force to use is hardly metagaming)), Kansa a decision please, d100 or d50s? ((I'd assume if it's d50s, mask bonus becomes +25, rather than +50, because god damn that would be OP))

edit: of course the 110 TN is also based on d100s...so yeah, I guess sticking with d100 now is best, just to avoid retconing all the things

edit edit: hehe, my first calculating sets every roll (illusion, hit, damage) at a 50/50 chance. Oh god I am so tempted to do that, just to see just how "half full" the glass really is....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:26:43 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: April 18, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »

It's d50s for the damage

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: April 18, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

the other rolls are more important, mostly to figure out just what kinda bonus I can expect from Will on beating the illusion TN.

if it's Wills Mind + Mask +d100 -110, we have a 20% chance that Will sees through the illusion and thus...what? Does he give us a bonus to see through it too, or does he just tell us which one and no more roll is necessary? Also, how high a bonus? Full amount, half amount?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: April 18, 2014, 04:33:07 pm »

Should I leave thr harmful effects of level:  Die to the current GM.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: April 18, 2014, 04:34:18 pm »

augh it's driving me crazy...must not overshoot...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: April 18, 2014, 04:36:17 pm »

It will be d100s for beating the illusion as that's what I rolled to determine the strength, Will seeing through an illusion will give you a bonus to your own roll. I will continue using d100s as that is what I used for the start of this battle

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: April 18, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »

Should I leave thr harmful effects of level:  Die to the current GM.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: April 18, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by that

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: April 18, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »

hmm, arrived at a chance of 33% to pull this off flawlessly, though since especially the last roll has a huge tolerance for error, it's closer to 50% for a satisfying result. Assuming that Will beats the illusion, and offers a non-negliable bonus, it becomes a 75% chance...humm...

while I am not quite satisfied with the result (dangit, shouldn't have wasted quite that much mana on the measuring hit...), for ICARUS, 75% is more than enough. That glass is definetly more than half full (cue Kaiji soundtrack...)
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1030