Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010390 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12510 on: April 17, 2014, 06:21:53 am »

well, the poached eggs first, because that is a *bitch* to get right. I am still training how to do that. Working out better and better now.

take a pot of water, and add a dash of white vinegar - that stuff is crucial, as it helps the egg to coagulate. Heat the water just to the briiink of boiling, best to actually get it to boil, and then take it off the heat for a moment, then put it back on a lower flame. You just want a light simmer. Break the egg into a small container, like a cup or something, then take a whisk and swirl the water to form a little vortex, that helps the egg to stay in shape. Geeently let the egg slip into the water (not too slowly though), and then just let it simmer for 3 minutes, if you did what I said earlier well, it should stay in shape. It might have a lot of the loose egg-white trail around it, you can keep that stuff or remove it later as you see fit. (reminder, there are 2 kinds of egg white, the loose stuff that just flows away, and the thicker part that stays around the yolk, which takes longer to get hard - best observed when making a fried egg.

it should look something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

doing several at once is kinda hard, you need a big pot for that. My advice is to just do one after the other, it's okay if they get a bit cold, the broth will warm it up again. 1-2 per serving, depending on how hungry you are

now for the broth if you don't feel like cooking out bones for a few hours, just do as I do and cheat using powder, when you are cooking at home there is no shame in that. Chop up a fresh red chili, in with it, add salt to taste, and a good amount of coarsely ground pepper, and a dash of soy-sauce. if you have some, coarsely ground ginseng, szechuan pepper and if you really want to bring out the best in the broth, a cinnamon stick (to be removed later, obviously), and a dash of vietnamese fish sauce. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes to let the flavour evolve, then take a few vegetables of your choice, I used bean sprouts, spring onion and pak choi, chop them into whatever mode you like them and add for a minute or two so they dont get too mushy, also add a pack of glassnoodles. It'll only take 1-2 minutes until they are ready. Prepare the bowl by taking the glassnoodles and the vegetables first (the glass noodles will be entagled like crazy, so that is easy), set them in the bowl and fill up with broth to your liking, then set the poached eggs on top of the noodles. With chopsticks, break them open, and let them spill over the glass noodles, time to chow down. Note that the egg yolk transforms the broth, starting out as a clear, brown broth, and turning it creamy and yellow by the time you chopsticked up all the big parts and have to switch to a spoon.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:26:10 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: April 17, 2014, 06:25:39 am »

And now I'm hungry lol. Thank you for the recipe~
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: April 17, 2014, 08:44:49 am »

speaking of recipes, I started to send out applications a while ago, to various - and rather prestigious - Hotel Restaurants. Just now I got a call from THE hotel was interested most in. From the headchef himself, 2 michelin stars. Because he is heading to vacation over easter, he wants to see me TOMORROW

OH GOD

DONT PANIK AKROMA

YOU GOT THIS

OH GOD

NO I DONT GOT THIS

I AM SHAKING ALL OVER AND HAVE NOT EVEN MET HIM YET

OH GOD
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: April 17, 2014, 08:45:49 am »

Oh wow that is amazing, I hope it goes well.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: April 17, 2014, 08:46:37 am »

:3
*feeds off Akroma's nervousness*
Congratulations.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: April 17, 2014, 08:49:33 am »

OH GOD WHAT DO I WEAR?

I HAVE A FORMAL SUIT, BUT THAT IS FOR INTERVIEWS WITH PERSONNEL MANAGERS AND OTHER SUIT WEARERS. OH FUCK ME WHAT DO I WEAR

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:05 am »

Miku cosplay.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: April 17, 2014, 08:58:41 am »

Take deep breaths Akroma, it will go fine.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: April 17, 2014, 09:01:23 am »

this is the biggest hotelchain in germany, and the hotel I am looking at in particular is renown to have chefs that have ranked high (or in 2009 won) many international competitions. Oh fuck. I can barely manage a hollondaise that doesn't immediatly split

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:41 am »

It's natural to be nervous before something like this, I know I would be terrified. Just give it your best shot, that's all anyone can ask for.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10:45 am »

well, I do have one more interview next week, and the week after that, and likely many more will come in the next few days, but dayum, this one is the big one

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: April 17, 2014, 09:24:21 am »

that being said, it's 11 AM, so when I get home and face Zhengara, either I will have gotten the post and Zhengara will be fucked ((he can't deal with a glass half full, and actuall full glass would drown him instantly. Alice should use that to power up ICARUS should ICARUS be on the verge of losing)), or I won't, in which case I will be so angry that Zhengara should really hope to have picked a better date.

or they will say "we will contact you in x weeks, when we have decided", in that case I will be so nervous I will hardly be able to spell zhengara

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: April 17, 2014, 09:44:05 am »

Congrats Akroma! You'll be fine. Your one of the toughest women I know.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: April 17, 2014, 10:07:52 am »

Woman? I thought she was a robot! DAMN YOU

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: April 17, 2014, 10:42:37 am »

Holy shit good luck Ak.

Be awesome. *thumbsup*
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1030