Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sword dwarf turned wrestler needs second opinion.  (Read 413 times)

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
Sword dwarf turned wrestler needs second opinion.
« on: August 18, 2013, 01:31:13 pm »

One of my finest fighters has two broken, infected arms. He has been to the hospital once, I cannot believe those mugs have let him out in this condition. Now he is teaching fellow conscriptees the archaic art of wrestling, since he no longer bears arms, as it were.
His fellow ward-mate was treated for broken leg and left the department in fine fettle. The medical dwarves have nothing to do but doss around all day...and treat injured dwarves. I am at a loss.
I blame myself - should I have dropped him from the squad when he first got seriously injured?
Anyway, I thought I'd have him bunged (pitted) off a ledge so he'd be sent back for triage. I thought 4 z-levels. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Sword dwarf turned wrestler needs second opinion.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »

Has he not had splints or a plaster cast?

How much armour is he wearing? If he's got a helm and upper body armour plus lower body armour (leg armour works for this, as it 'starts' from the lower body), he's safe from lethal injuries. If he's fully armoured, get him to take off his gauntlets. His arms are all messed up anyway, so breaking his wrists isn't going to immobilise him further.

2 levels, repeated as necessary, should be fine.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:56:44 pm »

Has he not had splints or a plaster cast?
Yeah, that was the strange thing. They cleaned him, stitched him up and sent him on his floppy-armed way.
Implementing your suggestions and will be repeating the final step until it works or McFloppy expires.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

it will heal on its own too. Een if his arms turn out useless, if he's good he can give demonstrations to new recruits. You don't need weapons or anything for that (though I wonder how he'll do striking demonstrations)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.