Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When is a fort reclaimable?  (Read 562 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When is a fort reclaimable?
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:35:00 am »

Not sure if this is relevant to the newer versions, but I remember that if I abandoned a very new fortress, reclaim mode wouldn't pop up (as there was basically nothing to reclaim.)

I'm curious; when is a fortress considered valuable enough to be reclaimed?

ZedEh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When is a fort reclaimable?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »

Odd.  In 38a, which I'm using, I think I can Reclaim any site I abandon.  I think as long as I broke ground I could reclaim it--I've highlight my abandonned sites, but I've never actually reclaimed one before.
our sig will appear here

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »

Must of been me, then. I can't recall if I broke ground or not. I think I had opened Fort mode just to see if a mod or some such worked.

Good to know, though! I was playing with the idea of making tiny forts intended only for Adventurer use. Although I doubt I can stash items there or anything...

Chaz Turbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:37:00 am »

I did see a fort that I didn't break ground in the reclaim list.  Although that may have been an exception (the wagon was probably less than thirty steps from a cave entrance and the whole party was wiped out by the resident Hydra.)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:38:00 am »

Any site works in the current version. I often exploit this to get loads of workers and steel goods year one.

Zirallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

Any site works. I didn't even break ground before realizing that one of my precious modded pets was lacking a head (and therefor suffocating)and abandoning the fortress. I liked the site so I reclaimed it once I gave the poor critter a head.