Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Citizens trigger pressure plate" not working?  (Read 795 times)

a rhesus macaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Citizens trigger pressure plate" not working?
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:03:00 am »

I put in a pressure plate, linked it to a closed floodgate, and checked the option allowing citizens to trigger it.  Then when I stationed somebody on it, nothing happened.  I tried dumping a dog on top of it, and it worked like a charm.  Am I doing something wrong?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: "Citizens trigger pressure plate" not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:23:00 am »

What's the size limit for the plate to trigger?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

a rhesus macaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:46:00 am »

I set it as low as possible.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:49:00 am »

Note that even dwarves are size 6.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

a rhesus macaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:00 am »

If it works with dogs, then it should work with dwarves, right?  Has anyone gotten pressure plates to work with their own dwarves?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by a rhesus macaque:
<STRONG>I set it as low as possible.</STRONG>

Did you also set the maximum to be as high as possible?

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.