Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get dwarves to wear armor/ carry weapons when off duty?  (Read 435 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you get dwarves to wear armor and carry weapons when off duty? I want them to respond quickly to any threat.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: How to get dwarves to wear armor/ carry weapons when off duty?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:20:13 pm »

In scheduling, you can set them to keep their armor on.  Do this for whatever you tend to keep them in (active status for me).

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:36:03 pm »

In scheduling, there're an option to switch between uniformed and civ clothings while inactive ( off-duty ). I  believe it's uniformed by default, since I almost never touches scheduling.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 03:05:56 pm »

it should be noted that there is some conflict with uniforms and the mining, woodcutting and hunting labors. Basically, they refuse to wear their armor when off duty and go and pick up a different weapon/tool every time they switch between on and off duty
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:27:44 pm »

Thanks, everyone!

GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime