Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Poisoning Invaders by Poisoning Water  (Read 455 times)

RoseyNineOneOne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Poisoning Invaders by Poisoning Water
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:03:09 pm »

So, I've gotten into this game quite recently, and have gotten a hang of it fairly easily with some wiki help. But, I have one question about something I want to try out. If I poison my little moat under my drawbridge by emptying a barrel (if you can) of a random poison like cobra venom or scorpion venom, would it harm invaders at all? So, if they jump into the water, and try and get through the water somehow into my fort, would they slowly die?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Poisoning Invaders by Poisoning Water
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:03:47 pm »

Not those venoms -- they have to get into the bloodstream to be effective. Not sure about what would happen if you used a contact poison such as FB extract or poisonous blood.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Poisoning Invaders by Poisoning Water
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »

Even if you can find a contact poison, the invaders' clothes will almost certainly protect them. You can deliver poison to invaders by coating some crossbow bolts in venom, though. I haven't tried myself, but the gnomeblight strategy would probably work. As always, gnomes are optional.