Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League  (Read 18193 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League
« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2013, 06:08:44 am »

Oh. Yeah that makes things a bit easier. Well, gonna have to reconsider everything again. Will probably edit this post or something if the thread doesn't progress to far.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

I'll take Ground type.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2013, 12:01:46 pm »

okay, so we have

Culise                         - Dragon
Scapheap                   - Fire
Rolepgeek                   - Ghost
Kansa                         - Steel
IamanElfCollaborator      - Bug
ICBM pilot                   - Water
Akroma                       - Grass
Barbarossa TSG           -  Ground
Person                       - Normal? Poison?

one more contender would be optimal
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 24, 2013, 01:13:23 pm »

I'm waiting on ICBM in A&C now.

EDIT:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oumonotype-46992706

Annihilated by crunch.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:25:33 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 24, 2013, 01:26:11 pm »

I almost went 5-0  :D
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2013, 01:27:03 pm »

so thats me against ICBM now

I am waiting in arts and crafts

edit: this is why you need at least some mons with proper physical defence:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oumonotype-46996551

barbarossa, time for a rematch. two rematches in fact
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:43:13 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

Wait. pokemon? I want in
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »

great, then you will fill the last spot of the monotype tournament. pick a type of the ones currently not picked (see above for list)

we will start this tourney as soon as barbarossa and I battled out the final battle, hopefully soon

alternatively, pick a letter for Rolepgeeks mono-letter tournament he is organising

also, grass team is done and ready, time for rape
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:04:04 pm by Akroma »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2013, 02:11:03 pm »

How did I miss this for so long?
PTW, and to get in the next tournament.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 24, 2013, 02:14:57 pm »

EagleV, the more the merrier. next up is monotype OU, so pick a type of the types still free to choose (see above for types already taken) and you can right hop in, it will probably start tomorrow-ish

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 24, 2013, 02:16:28 pm »

umma go with dark. Cant think of much else.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »

Alas, our battle will have to wait a bit. I'm moving fully into my new apartment today, so I'll be busy unloading furniture and whatnot. Might be able to stop by Showdown this evening, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 24, 2013, 02:28:02 pm »

question to everyone:

on my grass team, I was hoping to run a Serperior with Contrary.

however, because in the current games, it is impossible to get such a Serperior in-game, as the dreamworld ability is currently unreleased.
Serperior with it's current ability, overgrow, is frankly put a lackluster that finds itself in NU for a good reason. Even with contrary, it's certainly not an uber, not even a guaranteed OU (but a good candidate for OU). It's far from broken, and you run into it in random battles pretty often.

will you guys allow me to run a Contrary Serperior?

explanation for those who don't know: Contrary makes it so that stat-debuffs turn into buffs instead, and buffs turn into debuffs.
That way one of Serperiors attacks, Leafstrom (grass, 8pp, 140 base, special), that would usualy drop the users special attack by 2 stages would now raise Serperiors special attack by 2 stages. This synergy is pretty much everything serperior has to itself. Thanks to it's lackluster defence and HP, it's way too frail to do that dual-screening and subseeding it currently does in NU.

if we set the gametype from OU(current) to Gen Next OU (which btw shows that Serperior with contrary is indeed OU material, and not uber), I will be able to use the serperior, however I think I should ask you guys, before I sweep someone with it and then get complaints about cheating.

It's seriously not overpowered. It's a strong synergy, but hey, nobody is complaining about technican Scizor either. There are plenty stronger mons out there in OU, just sadly, no GRASS mons. OU only has 3 grass mons in total, and only one of them has any special attack (venusaur) and venusaur only really functions in a sun team.

it's up to your vote, if negative, I will find a replacement for serperior
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:34:16 pm by Akroma »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 24, 2013, 02:31:28 pm »

Alas, our battle will have to wait a bit. I'm moving fully into my new apartment today, so I'll be busy unloading furniture and whatnot. Might be able to stop by Showdown this evening, though.

it's already evening here in GMT+1-land

so sometime the next days

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

There is no excuse for using Contrary Serperior. It is not legal on any possible game cartridge and it is not legal in any tier except random. I can't imagine why that would be legal for a Monotype tournament. Also, Serperior is an absolutely excellent speedy subseeder useable even in RU and UU and doesn't need Contrary to be good. The Calm Mind and Coil sets are also tricks it can pull out to form a completely different threat.

It would not be banned to ubers, but its excellent speed and ability to always flatten both Kyogre and Groudon would make it pretty excellent for use on teams there.

EDIT: I'm in GMT -8, so I guess I'll have to catch you in the morning. (early-mid afternoon for you)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:35:46 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30